Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Greedy Event Organisers

Brisgirl

Bluelighter
Anyone on the board go to Adventjah on the weekend in Brisbane? A big thumbs down to the greedy team behind the most uncomfortable, over-priced, dangerous event in my memory.
GET A NEW VENUE, or limit the number of tickets you sell you greedy ASSHOLES!!
The room was about two thousand people over capacity. There was a line of over an hour to get from the outside section back to the inside section. Stuck outside without my friends, no music, in a gutter waiting to get in, after I'd already been through the main door. By the way - I went outside to find the "rides" which were advertised, but not delivered.
There was supposedly an aquatic theme, but hardly any set decorations, the cloak-room was "full" so I had to carry my jacket around all night (could have dropped it off at home, but no pass-outs until 2am).
Temp inside main building was at least 40 degrees. Even a sober person could have a stroke dancing in those conditions. Is it legal to have an event at this temperature? The mirrors in the bathroom were all fogged up from the heat and humidity. All of my friends have come down with mysterious illnesses due to the perfect incubating conditions.
Everyone was starting to get really aggressive and pissed off. Even the people who were rolling. The vibe of the place made us want to cry.
Lines for the toilets were huge(normally don't have to wait too long since no-one's drinking). Ran out of toilet paper again (brought my own this time!)
The exit to the outside was via a narrow, crowded staircase, with no lighting. Not very easy when most of the people there couldn't see straight. Almost wish I'd broken my leg so I could sue them.
I'd gladly pay twice as much for the privelege of attending an event with half as many people. Anyone in Brisbane know of any events coming up that might be a bit more civilised?

This kind of thing seems to be happening more and more.
frown.gif

The best events I have been to are events when they have been run by clubbers 4 clubbers. See the interstae DJ comps and other events like that.
Anyway, just letting you know that you arent the only one out there that is feeling that way.
Cheers,
Brookster

sounds pretty awful, i'm sad that its ending up this way...
i hope you dont mind if i move this thread over to meetups do you? i'll wait for a response.
if and when i move it the original thread here can be deleted or locked when a copy is made over at meetups. any preference? or it can just stayw here, your call... i just think it would be easier if event stuff was over there and drug stuff was here.

You hit the nail right on the head there Brisgirl. Adventjah was just so poorlt organised and saturated with greed. If it keeps up like this, Im moving to Technomad on the big nights. At least I will have my space.
However, I did find upstairs bearable, if you were able to find "the secret staircase" over in the southwest corner, it was SO MUCH BETTER, than waiting ten minutes to go down the twisty staricase. Upstairs was cooler, better music, and less people.

Hardware (a rave-put-on-krew) is doing the same here in Melbourne...although not as bad yet cos they get huge venues...hmmm...where is the world going?
>>>>The above is just MY OPINION...all those who live for Hardware events, I'm sorry but they are money grabbing pricks...GO MUD<<<<<
Crap don't put anything between <<>> signs cos it just doesn't show in the post...if you gp to EDIT on my post you will c that there is something written in the above <> signs!...cool
[This message has been edited by Hamlet (edited 03 May 2000).]

Hardware are the pricks but MUD aren't ey Hamlet? *BULLSHiT* my friend. At least Hardware bring down quality Internationals and charge you for it, im not saying that MUD dont, but a classic example is the next EPTAS that charges $55 fro no Internationals at all. To sum it all up though, i would have to say that everyone is out there making a dollar, but dont just critise Hardware, that aint fair!
Mr.Klownz.

You want to go to a rave that is made by ravers for ravers. Well a friend of mine (girl friend) is organising a white party at technomad on May 26th. It is looking to be a good rave and i want all the bluelighters that can to come because i'm one of the dancers and i know it will be a fun night.
The adventjah thing being over croweded, if i wasn't rolling so hard (2e's) i would have been shitted. it ended up i made friends with the people in the line. the heat was dangerous i kept pushing my self harder to get all that energy out as quickly as posible. Did you go up stairs to the hard core room and see the guys bathroom? There is a long hall way that is tilled and is so slipery that you can slide on it for ages. I saw so many people lose it. you should of gone there to break your leg
smile.gif

any way i had a blitz of a time and enjoyed it all, except the come down.
------------------
Electronic Music is created by Technology, And we are the Product of Electronic Music