Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what's the latest on cops ability to test drivers

XSI11V

Bluelighter
Every now and then there's something in the media about the cops looking at ways to test drivers on the spot (as opposed to being taken off for a blood test). I remember one where the driver has to lick something. Obviously they haven't got it accurate (eg. how much in system and how long ago)or cheap enough to be viable yet. I'd be interested if anyone has any info on this matter.
To any boys in blue reading this.... I'd value your input : )

As if anyone is gonna reply to this now!
Too scared it'll have everyone thinking they're a cop!
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAAA
mona.

Civil libertarians are working against the saliva testing thingy as we speak.
God bless 'em

YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!
LIE DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND GIVE ME ALL YOUR PILLS... BUT ONLY IF THEY'VE TESTED BLACK!

...and then Dragon will give them to me for "testing" and "destroying" according to the law...right?
smile.gif

mona and horse...you of all people...cops... what has the world come to...the last people I expected to betray us...huh
frown.gif

I'm sure a few drivers have had to lick something - but that ain't a test for drugs! (hehehehe)
sorry, the Wookie is outta control...someone spank the Wookie!

Awww...c'mon guys. We're being mean! The poor guy hasn't recieved a proper answer yet. We've probably scared him away, and that's not what Bluelight is about.
Sorry if I offended. It wasn't my intention. I just thought it was funny
smile.gif

lol that's cool mona - I guess there's not much info about this floating round.
And so it's not probably worth losing sleep over till the day comes.
It's just that (I'll probably get drilled for this) driving home's one of the highlights of my night.
So till then I'll just keep happily rollin along : )

Spank! Spank! *a delighted moan from Wookie*
Hey this is punishment NOT pleasure! Now get back to the Millenium Falcon and unload those crates of pills! Jabba the Shmuck gets some wicked gear hey?
On a side note..Has anyone read this week's Beat streetzine? some funny stuff about bongs and mary-g-wana...
*puts on the hat* Do yourself a favour!

Hey XSI11V - I love the drive home too. It's unreal feeling so comfortable and safe and having your own music playing. But I wouldnt say its one of the highlights.
Back to the topic. One of my mates brothers got pulled over by a cop up in queensland while he was driving and peeking hard. He managed to control himself and not do anything stupid and the cop had to let him on his way.

hey
the latest is the police and Peter Ryan are quietly lobbying the NSW government to introduce FST's (Field sobriety tests), such as exist in the united states. That is, walking in a straight line heel to toe, finger on nose, that sort of co-ordination crap.
To allow this there will have to be a legislative increase in police powers (i think the cops are going to try to sneak this in on the back of the bill they are pushing to increase their powers to police on line content ie internet).
There will also have to be some procedural change around charging arresting for DUI. Traditionally it has been breath test, charge, take to the station. Mobile breath testing units allow them to do so wrt to alcohol. If they are charging people for something that doesn't test on breath, i'm not sure how they will go about this in terms of procdure. I believe they will set the bill up as a special police power (like the knife laws in NSW) such that if someone tests nil alcohol, the cops can order an FST if they have "reasonable suspicion". (ie anyone they want to fuck over- ie you and me) That means that empty little baggy in your wallet suddenly becomes the nail in your coffin.
At present they have not created any political groundwell with this because it is not hit the media and become hysterics yet.
All it will take is one idiot on a pill to drive over someone, and we may as all wait to be bent over the front bonnet and cavity searched. don't fuck this up people!
oke doke
pinger
ps anyone that knows me realises i am muchos smartos to be a copper. plus i don't take enuff drugs

Hallelujah for Pinger.
When you need a voice of reason, someone to call in the facts and make sense of an otherwise dishevelled thread..Pinger's your man!
smile.gif

Thanks Ping-a-ling!!!
love,
Petal (Pinger's Angel #3 teehee)
PS. You do SO take alot of drugs
wink.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

You made me f**king laugh hard mona with your first reply. Hahahahahaha!!! *HUGZ* You Rock!
Mr.Klownzy!

i'd be interested to know whats going on in victoria as we've already had a guy hit a pedestrian while uder the influence of e. well the papers didnt really make clear that he was also on heroin and methadone and a whole lotta other drugs as well, it was publicised as an ecstacy user.
he hit a teenage grrl crossing st kilda road on new years day. i've see the mother on the news asking for things to be done...