Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interesting New Organisation

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
"The Alchemind Society is a new nonprofit organization working in the public interest to protect fundamental civil liberties. Alchemind Society members believe that national and international drug policy should accommodate law- abiding citizens who sincerely believe that wise and considered use of psychedelics and marijuana has assisted physical or mental healing, or has brought them spiritual, epistemological, creative or productive insights that would otherwise have escaped them."
http://www.alchemind.org/
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

wou...seems freaky to me...although I agree with what they're saying and was tempted to click on the "join us" button I think that they are a little bit too full on...
Cults like these just scare me...you know...take a lot of acid with us and then kill or give yourself to us cos the aliens are coming...blah blah blah...
Of course I might be wrong...need to give it time feel the site out...hehehe
smile.gif
but it's time people started to be outspoken about this stuff...THE REVOLUTION HAS STARTED!...right now I'm getting carried away, but it could be a good sign
smile.gif
p.h
smile.gif

"Members of the Alchemind Society believe that the essence of the War on Drugs is not a battle against pills and powders, but a battle against the mental states that such substances can elicit. In our view, saying that the War on Drugs is a war on drugs rather than on mental states is like saying that book burnings and bannings are attacks on paper and ink, rather than on the ideas espoused by the authors." - yeah!! I really like this quote. I have always been against "the war on drugs" and I think that sums it up well. Damn Americans. Damn sheep world for following.

Oi, easy on the generalisations Horse!
i'm sick of all this 'damn yank' shit! You can't blame the people of the country for the laws, just the fucked up politicians.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

sorry crazyaustralian i too am guilty of this but its a hard habit to break. we are america's cultural colony and like many colonials we feel a fair bit antipathy towards those colonial powers.
its is unfair to generalise i admit. but those politicians are the american peoples representatives apparently so the american public is not entirely without blame. neither is the australian public.
here's a quote i found on yet another cool site:
Future historians may well date the beginning of the end of the international war on drugs to the first of June 1998.
That was the day the secretary general of the United Nations opened a letter that contained the following remarkable statement:
"We believe that the global war on drugs is now causing more harm than drug abuse itself."
The original letter (which you can read at www.lindesmith.org/news/un.html ) had 47 pages of signatures from people in 44 countries, including 11 Nobel Prize winners, 7 heads of state, and the UN's own former secretary general Javier Perez de Cuellar. The 72 Canadian signatures include 13 members of parliament. No legislators signed from the United States, the country that controls the global drug war and profits most from it.
The letter says: "The illegal drug industry has empowered organized criminals, corrupted governments at all levels, eroded internal security, stimulated violence, and distorted both economic markets and moral values. These are the consequences not of drug use per se, but of decades of failed and futile drug war policies."
this came from this site:
http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/ideas/demon/demon.html
...which will soon have a great series of interviews with a wide range of people involved with ecstacy, from ravers to scientists to politicians...

Nice moralistic rocking horse you are riding there crazyaustralian but your forget one thing:-
In a democratic society such as Australia and America where the Politicians are elected directly by the people, when you say fuck the politicians, you are actually saying fuck the people - unfortunately they (the politicians) are just giving us (the mass people) what we supposedly want...hence they are elected to represent 'our' collective voice!
------------------
Don't stop grooming the wookie....

Sorry crazy, but that is one generalisation that sticks in my mind. Even american PLURists who winge about the poli's have as much right as the next person to vote in who he/she thinks would be the best representative of his/her views. I would like to find the percentage of ravers who whine about crappy laws and poli's compared with the amount that actually vote!! America generally is not a cool place, and because of its massive influence, the rest of the world natually follows. Man, I could go on about his for ages (I love american history) You get my point. I understand where you are coming from, you must understand where I am coming from!!