Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Too Many Pills" - rumor or fact?

waspman⌐

Bluelighter
in my suburb, there is a dude who is totally brain fucked, walks around and talks heaps of grabage, he appears he is not really on the same planet as us. i have heard from a few people around here that he used to be a real smart guy, very athletic and everything. his older brother is a famous footballer who also lives around here. what i want to know is, can this be true? can you have "too many pills" one night, or, over a period of time, and just end up totally scattered forever like this guy??
a friend of mine who is a bit older than me also told me that he was at the same party the night this dude lost it, and that he had a number (i dont know how many) of pills, and an (unknown) quantuty of speed.

any info would be much appreciated

Yes it can happen, speed is especially nasty in that respect, it causes alot of brain damage.

Paranoia, schizophrenia, nerve damage that cause involuntary twitching, short term memory loss to name but a few.

I have only met one person that has been messed up permanently from ecstasy use, she did'nt use any other drugs, had only tried speed once or twice, but had a real taste for the pills. She is now a zombie from the medication she's on, I suspect though she did have an underlying psyche problem to begin with and it was trigger by too much of a 'good' thing.

But as with anything, be it food, drink or drugs there are consequences for over indulging.

We're all unique, so what one person would use in one night might be the same ammount to tip another person over the edge into permanent psychosis.

Pills have helped my mental illness (chronic depression, anxiety of 10 years duration) no end. Thank fuck for MDMA and other mind altering substances. That said, yeah, too much is bad as with anything.

a friend of a friend of mine has developed Epilepsy from his extreme mdma/methamphetamine usage.....but this guy had it coming (on average 6 pills in a night out, 1/2-1G of meth)...i kid you not. Although i don't know anyone personally, i have also heard about people smoking cannabis and almost instantly developing mental conditions....so as mentioned above, every person is different and drug use is never safe, if you practice moderation than hopefully you should be alright.

Obviously it depends on how extreme your usages is... the more you abuse the drug, the more likely you are to end up with long term problems. I've taken rather a large number of pills (I'm not trying to boast by any means), but I've looked after myself and don't appear (I hope) to have any long term problems. Eating right, vitamins, etc go a long way. On the other hand, I do know people who don't pre-load or post-load and seem a little more messed up.

It does depend on your body to a large extent... if your body is telling you to slow down, it's probably a good time to. Ignoring what your body has to "say" is the fastest way to trash it.

VelocideX said:
It does depend on your body to a large extent... if your body is telling you to slow down, it's probably a good time to. Ignoring what your body has to "say" is the fastest way to trash it.

Very much the truth. Most people in my group of friends are half-way to a thousand (just to give an indication, not a brag) and we all are very mentally stable and hold well respected/paid full-time jobs. It is, as VelocideX states, all about looking after yourself though. There has been many times where our bodies have started to become a little over it, and that is when we take a 4 - 6 week break or so, eat well, and ease back into it when we feel the time is right.

Look after your body, and it will look after you!

Well.. most the brainfucked people i see, general have been sent skizo from hallucinogen abuse - not that it isn't fun... but other than that, they have an underlying mental illness, which comes out when they use drugs - skizo's and alchohol - extremely violent, skizo's and amphetamines - rambling idiot... i guess.. but i don't know from any scientific value.. just noticed these things, also people on datura are pretty fucked up too... met some dude on the train who was like almost semi-coherant, altho he was screaming about christmas and shit

it all affects people diferently i think.

Im like VelocideX, in that ive been around for a long time and done a fair few things in my time, and i think im still at least as smart/switched on, (whatever you want to call it) as ever.

One thing i have learnt though i cant cane my body every week.

The guy probably has chronic schizophrenia. Schizophrenia often strikes when people are in early adulthood. A person may have been previously high functioning, showing heaps of potential academically or vocationally or whatever before getting sick. Heavy stimulant use can trigger psychotic symptoms in a person who is prone to having them - if this guy has schizophrenia, he may have been going to develop it anyhow.

My boyfriend and I USUALLY go out once a month we maybe even leave it to 6 weeks apart because physically our bodies just can't handle it.We have met some people who go out and drop 10 pills a night and these people are the ones who are out every weekend and have a large tolerance,I don't know how they do it! The last time we went out I went a little overboard on some rather strong pills and I spent the last half of the night completely messed up in a spaced out way. So since then we are having our "break" and recouperating , this is the best way I find my body can handle it but I do wonder sometimes if I have over done it kind of like binge drinking but instead binge pilling. I think everyone knows there limit you know what you can handle but some people aren't content with that they want to take it to the extreme.

Quiet sadly... I have come across what seem/appear to be permanantly mentally affected people, probably due to over-indulgence of shit like Methamphetamines, Acid, E and generally not looking out for themselves (under-nourishment, not-grooming, etc...)

A general rule in my life, is not to exceed my limits, well... too far anyways. But, if I am doing something I shouldn't be doing, like dumping pills that contain unknown substances in them, I most definately take all extremes to ensure my quality of health, life and a high chance of me "feeling the same again".

I think that alot of these cases where people just suddenly acquire schizophrenic-like symptoms, just out of the blue, like that. Are probably when (as stated earlier above by someone else) the individual already has an underlying mental illness, and maybe their drug usage has "un-veiled" it in a certain way.

All that said though... it's a known fact that certain drugs, especially ones such as Alcohol and Amphetamines, can make the brain deteriorate, after prolongued exposure and/or abuse.

Moderation=The Key.

The more you take, apart from any possible mental conditions, the less you will feel.

I have taken e since 1991, approx 4-6 times per year, and I still love it every time I do it. yet I know people who had their first e 2 years ago, have several pills almost every weekend and dont feel a thing any more. you need to let your body recover in between. e works not because of what;s in the pill, but what's released in your body by the mdma. anyone who has more than 2-3 (weak) pills in a night is just a dickhead because you dont get anythin out of the extra ones, except a buildup of the impurities in them, which will f*ck you up more than the mdma.

we all know how good good mdma is, otherwise we wouldn't be on this site, however, if you plan to keep on enjoying it until you are 40, 50 or even 60 or more, just take it easy

superbabydoc said:
The guy probably has chronic schizophrenia. Schizophrenia often strikes when people are in early adulthood. A person may have been previously high functioning, showing heaps of potential academically or vocationally or whatever before getting sick. Heavy stimulant use can trigger psychotic symptoms in a person who is prone to having them - if this guy has schizophrenia, he may have been going to develop it anyhow.

Thx, babydoc..........exactly what I was gunna say.

Its possible that pills or another drug caused this however its also possible that they didnt..........or that it would have happenned anyways.

I think its wrong to try and second guess to be honest or to try and lay blame here or there without anything definitive.

From memory (there's a link on erowid to a study) the incidence of psychosis is no higher in LSD users than in the general population, suggesting LSD does not cause that illness.

Marijuana is one of the major players in triggering schizophrenia in people who's minds are already susceptible to it.

Heavy amphetamine (mainly speed/ice) use can trigger a 'speed induced psychosis' in people from what I've read.

I had a mate who was heavy on the speed. It got to the point where he was so paranoid that he would hear a helicopter and run because he thought it was the police after him.

Although it is possible for people to suffer permanently from mental illness after chronic or acute drug use, I strongly doubt that this is what has happened to your particular homeless vagrant.

There's a guy in my city who is nicknamed "Speedy". The rumor is that he was a chemistry professor who took too many drugs and went crazy, but its bullshit. I suspect most towns have a "crazy" guy who was rumored to have gotten that way from excessive drug use.

Drugs like LSD, Psilocybin/Psilocin, Mescaline, DMT, just t name a few... have been known to give-ff rather powerful experiences in certain individuals. Sometimes powerful experiences will, or better said... CAN influence the spoken individual to the point he or she will never think, in the same patterns as they did before.

This can sometimes create confusing lives for some, proving to be a "battle-scar", from one's younger/abusive past.

I know someone who will never ever go near anything that is an aerosole, or strong bathroom/laundry solvent. This particular person accidently ingested toilet aerosole (ingested-not intended to get 'high', but to mask the smell of the Marijuana joint he had just had in the toilet, from his parents.)

Well, ever since this episode... this person goes absolutely psycho and suffers immense anxiety when someone pulls out even something like deoderant, or perfumes, etc...
He claims that since this incident, he no longer feels the same, mentally or emotionally.

Everyone reacts differently to over usage of drugs but sounds like he just went way too hard way too often and ive seen ppl who were smart and intelligent who are now way too scattered in normal life to have concentration to hold a conversation...

Ive also seen ppl who have worse drug habits stay normal, bright and nothings different.

I guess its all about the way you are made up and how ur brain reacts to all these substances, some of us a just luckier than others...