Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM and MDMA

streetsurfer

Ex-Bluelighter
Had a bit of Robotussin fun the other night, then the next night popped a couple of pills (blue butterflys) that were rumered to be pretty good but basicly they did nothing.
Did The dxm the night before maybe have something to do with them not going off?

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have seriously damaged your brain!!! FUCK SHIT JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do some goddamn research before you go doing such stupid things!!!.... jesus.........

*EDIT*
No I re-read and see it was the day after, not sure if that's much better though.... damn....

at least read the DXM faq, in there it states you should leave at least 48 hours between these two substances. and he aint kidding! i did something similar and it basically tainted E's for me for a few months, yuk

DXM releases serotonin, similar to MDMA but not as much as quickly from what I understand.

You probably had depleted serotonin - not enough to get high by the sounds of it. It would have been similar to trying to take MDMA back to back - it doesn't work or at least not nearly as well.

Also DXM & MDMA shouldn't be taken together, and I wouldn't use them that close together either. They use the same liver enzyme to metabolise. This can lead to a whole bunch of problems given the wrong circumstances.

Be careful & read both the DXM & MDMA FAQ's.

DXM FAQ - Erowid

MDMA FAQ - Bluelight

There are also other good FAQ's around if your search.

Here's something to think about.
I took around 350mg of DXM a few months back, two weeks later I dropped a pill. I felt it coming and it did peak, my eyes were wobbling jaw clenching all that shit but my head was as clear as a bell. No loved up feeling no euphoria. Now I didnt out it down to DXM at the time but since then I've taken DXM again at around the same dose and then had a pill a week later same story. Just this last week gone i had been taking cold and flu tablets. didn't realise they had 10mg of DXM in each of them. Once again my roll was there ust couldn't feel the "real effects" of MDMA just my body was fucked up.
I've taken quite a few pills back to back over the course of a few days before and this is NOTHING like the feeling you get after having DXM.

I don't know exactly what's going on but I'm sure I've read somewhere that DXM works as a neuro protectant somewhere along the line. so perhaps it's simply blocking the effects of the MDxA??

From the Enlighten MDMA pamphlet.

Dextromethorphan, it is a disassociate anaesthetic that has been used as an adulterant sold in pills as ecstasy. It is dangerous to combine DXM with MDMA as both drugs are metabolized through the same liver enzyme, CYP-2D6, which means that if you combine them together your liver will not be able to break them down as efficiently as it should. This can lead to significantly heightened effects from the DXM, and a much greater chance of suffering a heatstroke reaction.

Last edited:
definetly not the pills fault in my case or in streetsurfers i dont think... watched everybody i was with have no problems whatsoever.

and also the combination of MDMA and DXM can lead to the sometimes fatal condition known as "seretonin syndrome". Not fun.

Fuck man you are lucky you didn't kill yourself.

http://www.ravesafe.org/mixing.htm

That link has a heap of info about mixing drugs, here is an excerpt:

"Ecstasy
with DXM
= potentially lethal !
DXM and MDMA (real ecstasy) are "contraindicated." This means that if they are taken together, it can create a life-threatening situation. This is because both drugs are metabolised through the same liver enzyme (CYP-2D6) and inhibit the breakdown of each other"