• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

An absolute disgrace - Everyone please read !!!

Anth

Bluelighter
I went to SALT on Monday night for the Grooverider (mad party). and was absolutely shocked as to what was going on !!!!
NO bottled water !!! It took all night to que up to BUY (very small) glasses of tap water and they were charging $2.50ea. BUT, just to top it off the taps in the toilets had ONLY HOT WATER.... not only is this a disgusting way to treat paying customers but it is completely fuckin' illegal not to provide running cold water......ANYWHERE. What are they tryin' to do ??? kill us !!!
this is a complete disgrace and something must be done. Lives are at Risk !!!
------------------
Electrify Me !!!
[This message has been edited by Anth (edited 29 April 2000).]

that is fucking disgraceful. profits overriding safty that really sucks but what can one person do about it?
------------------
Electronic Music is created by Technology, And we are the Product of Electronic Music

If you really wanted to do someting about it. Talk to the police and about legal advice. You may end up getting the club closed in this case, you could go directly to managment and get threaten them with legal action. Either way, get some legal advice on the issue, and if you REALLY want to change things it is not too hard. If you want to get in touch with me for more details then e-mail me on [email protected]

If you really wanted to do someting about it. Talk to the police and about legal advice. You may end up getting the club closed in this case, you could go directly to managment and get threaten them with legal action. Either way, get some legal advice on the issue, and if you REALLY want to change things it is not too hard. If you want to get in touch with me for more details then e-mail me on [email protected]

or write a letter to the age. it would tie in nicely with their recent coverage of the ecstacy scene and every journo knows of the importance of water just think leah betts/anna wood

This is an issue that's worried me for ages and I've said so on my site, much to the chagrin of a few club promoters.
The Prince of Wales in St.Kilda, for example, has cold water coming through their taps (good), but the doors on the toilets are PERMANENTLY broken...I mean, you can't shut the fuckers!... Not only is that probably against the law, but it is certainly embarrassing if you happen to be on a bad pill and need a little privacy, or for any other reason come to think of it!!...especially as women tend to use the Boys room at the Prince..
OK, so booze doesn't make enough money for them anymore...they need to think of something else to get the dollars...but treating us like cattle is going to push us all OUT of their clubs faster than Linford Christie!!....short-term thinking equals short life in clubland, fellas! Wake up!!
I agree with writing to The Age...complaining to bar staff will also help (they DO talk to their bosses about complaints like this) and simply refusing to buy their scummy offer of a glass of water...we only get treated like this while we ACCEPT it!..
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

Toilets and water supply at most clubs in Perth is fucking terrible......the water outta the taps looks and tastes like it has been recycled straight outta the toilets, and if ya want bottles of water, get that $3 ready....!!

I always hate asking for a glass of water. I know its stingy but must the barstaff rub it in by giving you that look
icon8.gif

how much does tapwater cost anyway?
.02 cents is my estimate
But what next???
Coin operated toilets?
[This message has been edited by Antipodes (edited 01 May 2000).]

sure it costs 0.02c but they make no profit on it. in fact if you add labour and the cost of the glass they are losing money. of course it should be a public service but they dont look upon themselves as a charity do they?
bottled water costs less than 0.70c each and they sell it for 3.50 = 2.80 profit. thats more profit than is on a beer.
bar staff only tend to give you a hard time because they know that their managers are going to give them an even harder time for "throwing all the profits away"
im defending none of them with this. just saying how fucked the whole situation is.

the easy solution to this problem is for the owners, management, etc. to put the entry price up to cover the lost profits in alcohol consumption. i'm sure ppl won't have a problem with this as long as there is fresh running water available. i can put up with higher door tax but $4 a bottle really gets up ya!!

i'm sure a lot of the newer clubs are experiencing decreased revenue as far as alcohol is concerned......i've noted that all prices have now gone up in clubs...you name it:
cloak room $5.00
Red Bull $7.50 (you better believe it)
Chupa chup $1.50
Entry on a night with no guest DJs $20.00
Of course these are the highest prices i've paid. And I totally agree with the water thing JB, why give it away when you can sell it. But the fact remains that if a club refuses/charges you for tap water, they are breaking the law.

Speaking of high prices..I was charged $20 to use the cloakroom at the Gatecrasher 99 recovery at AM:pM (then at Tatou)
$20 to hang up my wifes jacket? What a joke...

$20! thats fucked... $20 so they ca go thru the pockets and maybe keep it if they like it... no disrespect to people who work cloak but it does happen.... and $20!! jezuz!

hmmm high prices...yes they suck
ive been hit up for 25 and 30 regualry and then at the same place its still like 6 bucks for the cloak room and at least 6/7 for redbulls 5 or 6 for water, its farken fucked...ah well i dont where "cloaks" now or i try to get a friend to bring a bag
smile.gif
...i dont drink energy drinks cause i dunno, and i always refill
smile.gif
, call me cheap whatever, its just the price i pay for going every night eg. 2 pills and entry and drinks [2 times 40 + 20 (unless i get free, so then i buy more life giving water) + 10 for drinks = 110) so thats what i spend a night, if im going 2 nights double that and add another pill....just giving other people an idea of what i spend, i wouldnt mind knowing what others spend ?
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

yeah, and then with rides and all those bloody showbags for the kids you're easily looking at another........
wait...am I in the wrong thread??
candyflip
wink.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

....it seems that the club scene in Melbourne has caught on to the available profit to pill poppers like us. I mean, when you're smashed, you're not going to complain about a bottle of water going for 3-4 dollars are you.
The point here is that you go to these clubs to have fun and dump a pill or two, and there was no water, go out and buy some at the corner store. I did when i was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and went to SALT. A little fresh air didn't kill no one.
Plus, cloak rooms are only used for cold nights, and it looks like in the coming months, Melbournites are going to really cop it! I feel sorry for you guys. Up here, when you're smashed you can bear the cold on most nights.
I was surprised at general prices for clubs and drinks in Melbourne. In Sydney everything is over priced, door fee, drinks...but not the pills ......thank god!!!
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

umm...that's why I'm waiting to go to raver heaven...there was a post a while back had the following lines in it...just wait until we get there...MAMA...that's life...
"...the Golden Gates will open and the eyes will be delighted at the sight of the enormous city. With not walls of stone, but towering speakers larger than mountains encrusted with Gold & Rubies & Emeralds. And pounding with a number of watts unthinkable to man. And the dancefloors are so inviting as they are made of pearl and call to your feet and the sound is Crystal Clear, as it never stops. The party never ends as it's attendants never grow tired, their thirsts are quenched by a cold sparkling river who's water runs free and untainted and the glowsticks never die as the night sky is always dark with thousands of silver stars. No sun will rise to cancel it in all its glory. And the DJs all wear halos, as they bring the music which brings the vibe that fills each raver with peace, love and respect for one another. for those are the elements that make this party ETERNAL..."
ahhh...I can't remember who posted it sorry for using your stuff who ever you are...it was written by their friend anyway so it's ok if I repost it...
Oh, did it mention that it's ALL FREE???...well it is
smile.gif

smile.gif
p.h.
smile.gif

i've written a letter to The Age and have contacted the club. i was told i'd get a call back..... no response. as i said this is a disgrace, and i'm gonna push this 'cause it should not be allowed to go on. in the meantime, avoid SALT nightclub at all costs. just a pity they get all the good dj's. i might even have to go against my own will in this case. but avoid if poss.
------------------
Electrify Me !!!

hey anth!!
just read in the new issue of TRM, that richie rich and future entertainment's Jason Ayoubi have established the DIA (dance industry association ) in melbourne.
im not sure if im on the right track here but they might be able to do something about this problem at salt.
if this is the sort of stuff they are going to be doing, then fixing this problem should be a good first challange for richie and co.
In my opinion theyll shit it in coz its a fuken JOKE!!!
grab a copy of the mag and have a look at the small article (pg 12)
------------------
Only users lose drugs!