Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb : Chilled out places ???

S

squares&circles

anyone know any good chilled out places around melbourne playing breakbeats or deep house or something like that. i've gotten over 'doin' my head in' at the same bangin' clubs on the weekends and venues with a chatty, chilled crowd seem to be getting harder to find. any suggestions on places with a cruisy atmosphere and a friendly crowd ???
------------------
who wants a rewind ???

...(enters room carefully, avoiding sneakily placed boobytraps and snares....walks to centre of room...table with smoking gun placed on top awaits...squares&circles sits opposite...warily, discussion begins)...
wink.gif

You would probably love 161 High Street, Prahran at alomost anytime. They DO have a dancefloor, but it ain't exactly the focal point of this place....mostly, this is about meeting friends, having a drink, talking down your ridiculous behaviour from last weekend, and talking UP the possibilities of this one!...
smile.gif
...they play a downbeat mixture of house and beat...nothing too trancey, though it gets a little jungley when the Earthcore crew are in residence (Sundays, I think).
Revolver welcomes yuppies, hippies, dweebs, losers, smart-arses, the beautiful, the poor, the ugly and the just average, anytime, anyday. They play a LARGE mixture of stuff, but you always relax here with a cold beer, a spliff (on the right night) and in the welcoming warm arms of many other like-minded souls... (Yes, I like the place!!)
smile.gif

I could continue filling this post with ideas, but at the risk of self-promoting (ahh, what the fuck!) check out my detailed views on exactly this topic at :
http://www.the-peak.com.au/Club_Profiles/club_profiles.html
See you....on the dancfloor?...
yep....
candyflip
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au
[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 29 April 2000).]

in terms of great chilled out parties, they don't get much better than sunny side up every three weeks at billbaords. very friendly crowd, very relaxed atmosphere...and still an opportunity to go hard.