Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Enlightenment

Wookie

Bluelighter
Please oh please tell me how we can enlighten our not-so learned (pronounced "learn ed" schoolies) beer-guzzling friends that there is a path to a higher, safer, less-violent place. I am sick of the bourban & coke crowd! Surely the government can see the long-term social benefit of making E available to the masses instead of funding their retirement packages on the excise duties raised on alcohol!
------------------
Don't stop grooming the wookie....

Sorry to say but it's quite unlikely. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years, more than enough time for civilisation as we know it to accept it. Comparatively, weed has been around for the last century or so ( at least in the global sense) but yet it is barely beginning to be recognized. E has been around for what, the last 2-3 decades? Acceptance maybe accelerated by predecessors like weed but i highly doubt you will see it in the next decade or two.
Most importantly, alcohol taxes funding ones' retirement sounds a like a whole lot more incentive than being noble and providing the masses with a relatively safe drug in a secure and QCed manner. Sad fact but true.
------------------
Like a flood,Thru my blood;
In my vein,To my brain;
Feel it coursing right thru me;
Oh my GOD its ECSTASY!

(Reading back this seems a little scattered, but I tried to make sense...)
I too, have been known to say "Ugh... find me a rave, I'm already sick of drunken meatheads" less than 45 mins after entering a club. It would be nice sometimes if people were all able to recreationally use chemicals that make them feel empathy toward other peoples feelings rather than make them turn into an annoying self centered aggressive fool. (However, a lot of times it is the person underneath the chemicals that has the problem, not the chemicals themselves -- I know people who are pleasant as can be when drunk, however sleepy and giggly they get
smile.gif
)
There's a bit of a dilemma in this for me, at least, in that suggesting someone else use e is by definition encouraging them to break the law. I know that most of us would have had a majority of positive experiences associated with e, and it's great to want to share those good vibes and happy times, but by recommending e to another person, you open them up to a world in which the extent of the benefits and drawbacks are pushed back. The benefits of using e are obvious - you experience heights of euphoria and serenity that often leave you 'changed' and give you something to grin about later just from the thought. The like minded people that you associate with e at raves can provide a close knit, empathic group of friends who are both understanding and sympathetic to all the experiences you have. The drawbacks? Unfortunately due to the current state of law, e is illegal and posession, manufacture, sale and purchase all carry hefty penalties. The health ramifications of mdma are always of interest, and harm minimisation helps us to not totally run ourselves into the ground through overuse but again this is an area where we say that 'the answers are unknown, but it doesn't look too bad so far'. Short term health impact of mdma - plenty of information on this topic on bluelight.ru. Long term effects - ?.
That being said, I recently talked with a good friend of mine about e and she seemed keen to give it a try. We had a few long talks about pros and cons and in the end, she chose e, but by that time she knew what she was in for when she did.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you recommend e to another person (a friend) who you want to be able to share in the good experiences that you have had, you also need to recommend that they read everything they can... the same way you have. Put them onto bluelight and get them to read it ALL before they make their decision to try e. The resources to make an informed choice is the best grounding you give them.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I don't mind a drink once in a while. 1 Bourban and coke loves me up abit relaxes me and I can get sociable. The only thing is at a rave it doesn't last long enough. That is why I wanted to try GHB. Anyway, alcohol is a greater margine for safety in low recreatinal doses than almost any other drug. In higher doses, which is all to tempting sometimes, it make your brain volatile, uninhibited, confident, jeolous, stupoforous(Is that a real word?.
Thats just my 2cents!
smile.gif

there was a great thread on this a while back...
Dropping increasing / Alcohol Decreasing
this is isnt a grumpy mod saying search next time, its more just so you can read some of the great stuff on this topic that posted here. its really interesting in this thread how its starts very anti-alcohol but by the end many old timer pill heads (myself included) come out in the demon liquor's defence... everythig has its place
wink.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Wow.. I feel really guilty and like i let someone down.
A few weeks ago, I gave a friend his first pill. He absolutely loved it and has done it about four times since. Now he's not really a good friend of mine, but I just realise that I haven't anything to help him out. I've been out with him twice, both times not really spending much time with him... but last time I out he met some of the Bluelighters eho invited him out to Gatecreasher (I was going with a different group) and I'm sure they've talked about Bluelight before... but i know he hasn't done much reading (although he HAS heard me babble on..) blah.. i just feel bad. I think I'm going to invite him over and get him to sit at my computer for a while
smile.gif

Cheers,
mona.