Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Zoloft and neurotoxicity

baileylsd

Bluelighter
Ok, so i've been sitting here thinking (well try'n to anyway)

I'm not gonna start a descusion on wether mdma does damage, in my case it has done damage in both memory and depression side of things.

My question is about zoloft a ssri and the same 'scattered' state of mind my head is now that i would get coming off xtc. Now both these basicly drugs do the same thing (stop the reuptake of serotonin)

Now i know that this in the case of mdma causes damage, be that short or long term is unkown but i'm wondering wouldn't zoloft do the same type of damage?

I've searched the net for info and it turns out alot of people on zoloft have these same memory and confusion problems.

So, does this either mean that zoloft is causing alot of damage to alot of people or perhaps its just a short term side effect of incresed amounts of serotonin?

But if this was the case why do people who have suffered memory / confusion problems from mdma seem to never regain it.

Thoughts?

Oh, i'm going to go off zoloft tomorrow and for the next week to see if my memory problem caused by me taking zoloft (its now worse then when i just had damage from mdma) and see what happens.

i get scattered the day after mdma use
but im on zoloft and i never feel scattered or any memory problems infact its proble made my mind clearer

i dought it causes damage, everyone gets different side effects from ssri's

Actually some people take Zoloft or other SSRIs after MDMA to reduce potential for neurotoxic damage due to dopamine uptake into serotonin receptors. This is discussed at great length in several MDMA FAQs on BL and Erowid.

BigTrancer :)