• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Think twice before you buy/sell at event's clubs.

Anjele

Bluelighter
This happened at Gatecrasher in Melbourne on Sunday nite.
My friends were sitting outside shed 3 when one of the event staff came over (red shirt with a pass around his neck) and asked them if they wanted to buy any pills or dope. They said no, and he told them that if they knew of anyone who did to send them to him. A short while later a raver kid came up to them and asked if they had any dope. They pointed him in the direction of the event staff. My friends watched while the two chatted, walked towards the end of the toilets and exchanged money. Then out of nowhere another man appeared, arrested the raver kid and the three of them disappeared through a back gate.
Later on I saw the event staff guy chatting with a uniformed police officer.
Just be careful with what you say and do when you are at these places. We don't want to start breeding paranoia amongst ravers because the openess and the atmosphere of the place is part of what we love about it. But this was a total setup.
The strange thing was that earlier on I witnessed a guy standing right next to me pulling drugs out of every pocket and crease on him. A burley security person walked right passed us, fully checked out what was going on, ignored it and kept on going. (Way to go dude!)
You never know who is walking amongst us...
[This message has been edited by Anjele (edited 25 April 2000).]

Anjele, I cannot agree with you more. I think you know of the situation my friend was in, I'm sure I told you and Sassy. He is still paranoid about that by the way, but hopefully I've quelled his fears. I cannot stress enough, BUY ONLY FROM PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST, SELL TOO ONLY PEOPLE YOU KNOW AND TRUST (if you sell). It's just not worth it. And a lesson I've learnt, if you have more pills than you want at a rave, and you want to get rid of them, either give them to friends, or keep them for a rainy day.
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

I do think twice...
1 - how much should I sell it for
2 - give him/her the mitza or the heart?
hihihi...joking anj...I know what ur saying...I offered a pill to a security guard at Eruption (I don't normally deal and stuff, but I was helping a friend) and then noticed the pass around his neck and his "SECURITY" top...luckily he just looked at me made an angry face and turned away... all I can say WHAT A RUSH!!! If ever you need something to kick your pill in...this is the way to go...hehehe
smile.gif
princehamlet
smile.gif

i definatatly think the paranoia factor is not worth it....And someitmes you may be chatting to somone and they will ask 'oh do you know any one who has any pills' and you do and you think 'ya know this perosn is cool i want them to have a good nite and i shoudl sell them one'. But even so you never know no matter how nice or cool they seem who they actually are. Its easy to be real uncatious about this sort of stuff while rolling.
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

thats awful that the event staff set this guy up.and yup trust no one when it comes to....well u get the idea ne way.
i usually dont get my rolls at an event since most of the time theres only bunk shit there ne way..
peace love and hugs people
tommorrow is a new day follow the rainbow and it will follow you.
[This message has been edited by wizpEr (edited 25 April 2000).]

best thing to do is always buy your pills in advance... before the event...
it saves you alot of time and stress, and also alot of money too! not to mention alot safer...
and selling at a party is just a bit too risky for my liking... only to my friends i guess...

E Bee, I think Entrapment is an American thing, I don't think it exists in Australia. Plus, I think Entrapment is when law enforcement agencies force you in to doing something illegal (I could be wrong, and probably am), it sounds like this guy wasn't forced into buying the pot, so it wouldn't be Entrapment.
------------------

yes be careful when dealing with security because often they are only protecting their own interests (ie they have 'approved' dealers in the club who are paying for the privilege and have protection from the club security - any non legitimite dealers are eating their profits and if caught will get booted)
smile.gif

BLB
------------------
...yes please

Having an insiders knowledge of the industry, I would be very surprised to find that many places have 'approved' dealers - while many will accept that dealers are needed for the vibe, they aren't going to risk their license by selling the rights to dealers.
[This message has been edited by Bent (edited 26 April 2000).]

Hey Bent,
I am not sure about how official the 'approved' dealers are but I know that I used to buy pills off security at a Sydney club about a year ago and that was pretty much the deal there. I also know a dealer who is protected by security at another popular Sydney club and if others are caught dealing they get booted and the police called. And not to mention the Underground scam which was pretty similar.
I dont know that it is endorsed by the clubs or promoters ... I'd say that it is not, but it does happen.
Just my 2c
smile.gif

BLB
------------------
...yes please

Me and some friends were in Sydney, at Club Blink, don't know if you've heard of it, but anyway, we hit up a fella for some pills, and he asked us if we were cops. Naturally, we said no. He told us that he was just checking, because if you ask a cop if they are a cop, they must tell you the truth and say yes. Is this true?

Magoo: I meant that entrapment is our kind of safety net, if that makes sense
smile.gif

I think cops in America are allowed to offer drugs to people and arrest them for attempting to buy. But cops in Australia aren't allowed to offer people drugs or ask people to find them drugs (of course, they could do this, and then point you out to other cops who could do a random search or something sneaky like that. Even if you knew you'd been set up, it'd be hard to prove in court...your word against the cops
frown.gif
)

I think the event staff guy was probably a cop himslef. Or at least hired by the cops or something to staff events like that for that very purpose. But either way it's very bold to wear a security badge and announce yourself like that. Where are the steriod muscle heads when you need them to bash someone who deserves it?!!!!
But as for the other statements made here's the real deal;
if you ask an undercover cop if he is a cop they do have to tell you if they are. It is their legal obligation to do so.
And as for entrapement, it is entirely legal what they did at gatecrasher. The intent to buy is enough for them to charge. As soon as the money changes hands that's it; it's all over kiddies.
By the way, if there is anything legal that you want to know, please email me with the question and I will do my best to find out the answer for you.

Anjele, can I ask what if the cops use some one like the security guard at Gatecrasher and you ask him if he's an undercover cop, does he have to answer yes too?? 'Cause technically he's not an undercover cop. I know the cops really aren't after the users, they want the dealers and manufacturers and all the people higher up the drug chain. So, when they bust someone using ecstasy, the cops would say look we're not really after you, if you help us get the dealer we'll let you go (or whatever). So, if they use someone like this, or like the security guard, and you ask them if they're an undercover cop, do they have to say they are, or if they say no, should you then say are you working for the cops? I hope this makes sense, hopefully you can answer it for me.
------------------

Maybe it would be better all round if you just go through a trusted source and don't buy at clubs at all. I know that sometimes desperate needs call for desparate measures, but in this game where every deal and every pill is a gamble, why stack the odds against yourself? Improve your chances of happiness and euphoria... stick with the dd you know, test test test, use in moderation and look after your health.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I think it would be wise to remember that the rule of technicality is a big part when dealing with the law.
Technically speaking, the security guy is not an undercover cop, so he is correct if he tells you 'no'. If he was an undercover posing as a security then he would be obliged to answer 'yes'. I'm not sure if he has to tell you if he is working for the police or not...I'll find out.
And big trancer is right; bluelighters stick together, watch each others backs and don't stack the odds against yourself.

I'd just like to say that it's a big shame, that the cops (most likely) monitor this site, and don't like it, when we're just trying to be safe. It's such a shame, why can't we go back a couple of years when ecstasy was just starting to take off (I know it's been around for over a decade), the pills were (relatively) clean and safe and bunk pills weren't circulating like they are now, and no cops were hassling people (too the extent they do now). It pissed me off sometimes, sorry if I'm rambling a bit.
------------------

Magoo: What did this thread have to do with police monitoring this site?
Curious.
Jase

I have no sympathy for anyone who gets caught buying pills at a party (well maybe just a little)
I've never gone to a party without my 'supplies' and neither should anyone else.
It's so easy to get ripped off when buying from strangers, and the prices are usually higher.
As the scouts sort of say "always come prepared with your bag full of drugs"