Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

evil bouncers

E Bee

Bluelighter
I went to see Grooverider at Zanadu in Perth last night and was very disturbed by a couple of things that happened.
Firstly, when you buy a bottle of water ($3.50 for a tiny bottle), they remove the lid (presumably so you can't smuggle it back into the club in your pocket when you've been outside). How is one supposed to dance with an open bottle of water without spilling it all over the dancefloor for others to slip on?
Secondly, they closed the bar at 2am (something to do with it being a public holiday), which I was not aware of when I tried to re-enter the club at 4am with my water bottle (with the lid I bought with me from home) in my pocket. The bouncers noticed it, and confiscated it, which I didn't argue too much about because I thought I could buy another one, which of course I couldn't, cos the bar was closed
frown.gif

I spent the next 2 hours without a bottle, which meant I would have had to walk to the toilet and drink from the tap every time I was thirsty. Luckily, I had a nice friend (who I'd only met that night
smile.gif
) who gave me his bottle, and refilled it for me whenever needed
smile.gif

yay for the kindness of new friends
smile.gif
and a big "fuck you" to the bouncers at Zanadu.

I had a similar experience @ NY Eve...
fukn remove the caps, hehe I stood at one of the water stand thingies and argued with this guy 4 about 20 min about the cap but still didnt get the fuker..
and bouncers.. heh dont blame them, well I cant say that cause there are pricks out there..
but for the majority if the bouncer is being a prick he is doing it cause the management of the establishment are fuked and they demand what they want...
dodgey shit...
------------------
tray--->
If you find love, Love with every substance of your being

Oh yeah, and also on the topic of kindness...
I was stuck searching for pills for 4 hours last night, with nothing available apart from bullets (which I had heard were fairly weak, so were the last on my wanted list).
By 1am, I had given up looking for something better and was ready to settle for bullets...only to find out my dealer only had 1 left (I needed 5).
I was just about to give the pill to one of my friends and give up and go home (I was too tired to stay without chemical enhancement), when I bumped into a guy I know (not very well) and told him my predicament when he wasked why I was leaving.
He rang his dealer, who said he had some white mitsis we could have, but we'd have to drive to scarborough to pick them up. I declined because I didn't like the idea of driving all that way to meet a stranger, so he came into the city and delivered them for us, and we had them by 2am
smile.gif
I couldn't believe that a guy I'd never even met would do that for only the profit he'd make on 4 pills, and only charge us $45 each (I gave him $50 each for the trouble anyway)
smile.gif

Thanks to both these guys, my friends and I had a great night
smile.gif
smile.gif

I also annoyed a couple of dealers though...while looking for pills, I came across a friend of a friend offering purple BJs, and I talked him into letting me EZ-test one in the car (he thought I didn't look like a cop because my pupils were so big, and got a shock when I told him I hadn't actually taken anything, and they were naturally that size hehehe).
It was really hard to tell the colour it tested by the poor lighting in the car, but it looked like a shade of pale orange to me, so I declined the pills. He was actually quite nice about it, and I think he was glad he knew what was in the pills
smile.gif

Later on in the night, a friend asked me to test a pill he was looking to buy (blue barts I think), and I took the dealer to my car and tested it. Again, I couldn't really tell, but it looked like pale orange, so my friend said he didn't want any. The dealer was obviously pissed off...I almost suggested to him that if he had one, he could buy quality pills, but thought better of it
smile.gif

Bad news though...my EZ-test is leaking and has almost run out, and my credit card is maxed out
frown.gif
Time to start scraping my coins together I think...

I think we should look into the legal issue here....if you (over!)pay for a bottle of water in a club, that bottle of water belongs to you, cap and all. If they don't give it to you, isn't that stealing?
A friend of mine told me last night that she went to an event a while ago where they were selling WA Water Corporation branded bottled water. $3 a bottle for tap water!

Just take your own lid with you.
And I always have a go at dealers for not testing. But to be fair, we are alot more aware of pills contents than most people. Alot of people just want a dancey pill, and often dont care if that is a speed bomb.

E Bee, if you're worried about the legality of selling water without bottle caps, it might also be an idea to make it clear to all readers that your second post is what 'someone' might have done on the weekend, if they were doing illegal things like buying drugs, which none of us would dream of.
General prices etc., are probably ok (moderators will inform of the strict rules I'm sure) but I think one of our guidelines is that specifics about deals shouldn't really be mentioned.
BigTrancer

Smurfs right, If it got to the point to where i had to buy pills in a club, i would just judge by the quality of how it looked, the stamp and smell, I buy all my pills before hand but most people tend to just want a pill that does something and arnt to concerned with (well not concerned, are unaware of) Ez testing and yeah.....
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

yeah, i noticed that recently as well. i went to zanadu couple of weeks ago and even one more drop on sunday and both times got a lidless bottle which is so annoying cause u can't dance with ur water. i guess the only thing to do is bring a lid from home and get one of ur friends to stay in the club with ur water bottle and get the lid from ur car.

I didn't think what I said was anything more than general information about a deal, just to put the point across that there are still nice people in the world.
I did bring a lid with me from the car, and when my bottle got confiscated, they wouldn't even let me take my lid back (not like it would have been any good seeing as I couldn't get another bottle).
I'm not complaining about having to buy more water, I'm not a tight-arse. I'm complaining about not being able to take in water (that I had bought in the club) when the bar had closed. I can't understand their reasoning for it, seeing as they were no longer selling water. Do they worry about people smuggling in alcohol or something?

re: capless bottles
I had that happen to me at QBH (Melbourne) up stairs bar, nice lady gave me my water, took the cap off and tossed it in a bucket that was sitting merrily just behind the bar.
Me being the happy camper i am, not really thinking, went to pop my hand in the bucket to take my cap back , THINKING that maybe she was being nice to me and providing assistance taking the lid off my water bottle.
She, with the speed of a thousand turtles wisked my hand away from the bucket, i give her a confusing face, followed by a comment which went along the lines of: "Why?"
She then proceeded to tell me an intresting story about her past, but due to all the Doof Doof Doofing that was happening behind me all i got from her was: "We take the lids to keep a count of how many bottles we sell"
Now whether that was true or not, it made sense, but i SWEAR i saw those new niffty cash registers were they punch in what the customer bought so yeah. Either way, it was only that one time it happened

thats garbage. why not just make a tally on paper of the number of bottles they sell.
GC at Metropolis, Perth (OMFG what a venue, i think the Globe is dead now) didn't see the need to take the lids off thanku management!
I think it is sooo irresponsible of clubs to do this. They don't do it normally, just big events, i.e: they know the majority r having drugs and want to sell more water coz less alcohol is bought. However i think less water is bought this way, or gulped down at once, which we also know is not recommended. One day someone may die coz of this and i am pretty sure they'd be in a bit of trouble if that happens, at the very least with their own conscience.

Hmmm, i was sure that i was able to buy water from the bar at Grooverider after 2am, but i could be wrong. Strangely enough my sense of time was slightly distorted that night
wink.gif
. Still, earlier in the night, both myself and a friend were given a cap to our water bottles after we smiled politely and begged a bit. Maybe we were just lucky.
I am sure they are not giving out caps strickly for the purpose of stopping us from refilling the bottles from the taps in the toilets, the whole "keeping count" thing is just crazy. I reckon its more of an "evil club management" thing than an "evil bouncer" thing, though don't get me wrong, i am yet to come across a bouncer i like.
I also was pleasantly suprised when I was handed a bottle of water with a cap on it at GC, even though i had taken two lids in with me just to be safe
wink.gif

Have a very similar story from tuesday nite groove_therapy@salt in Melbourne. Place was jam packed. Bottles of water were $3.50 i think. Anyway, they _ran out_ of bottles of water at about 3am, so they started charging $2 a GLASS for TAP WATER. Now you might ask "why not fill up your bottle in the toilets?". Well the water in the toilets was only HOT WATER. HOW MUCH OF A SCAM IS THIS!? Is there some legal stance we have on clubs not providing fresh/drinkable/running water? Does hot water constitute 'running water'? In my books it doesn't as it runs thru different pipes - I've always been told never to drink from hot water out of the tap.
What is our legal stance here? It's just not acceptable.
------------------
Take it easy, and if it's easy take it.

Yeah I remember reading something about hot water containing more bacteria or something...
The thought of drinking hot water makes me feel icky...I can't even understand how people can brush their teeth in the shower
smile.gif

hey all!
just to let u know that u actually have it easy! I used to rave in melb and then moved to germany. And compared to oz, germany SUX!
Went to a HUGE rave in mannheim. Paul Van Dyk and Carl Cox amoung others were there...
No running water in portable toilets!
HUGE cues to buy water. I mean people are peaking and waiting in line to get some water. Thats sux. Someone paids heaps of $$ for a pill or 2 and then the peak they spend waiting in line for water!!!!
And when u buy water, they charge u an extea 2 DM ($2 appox) and give u a ticket, so when u bring your bottle back with the ticket, u get the 2 DM back! WTF??? And when i did go int he morning to get my 2 DM back... the place was closed! Also by morning i couldn t buy an water... they had run out!!!
Apart from the organisation and the scams and shit, sorry to say this, but the music here is better!
And bouncers at some clubs here are really EVIL! They search your wallet, shoes, ciggerete pack and god knows what else!!!
U ppl have it pretty good.
can t wait to get back to melb and rave with u guys!
till then... stay safe
smile.gif

dex

You will actually find that a club has to by law give you tap water on request for free!
Salt could get themselves in a lot of trouble for selling tap water.
I certain club that I work for in Melbourne also doesn't provide tap water, however as I said by law should
later

As the law currently stands, pubs legally have to provide a jug of water and glasses at 2 metre intervals long the bar. I guarantee most pubs don't.
As an extension, clubs are required by law to provide water. However they can legally get around this by serving a glass of ice if requested.
While clubs obviously have a no free water policy (how else do you expect them to make money) it often depends on the bar person - I know that if I've ever done bar and someone has asked for a glass of water I've given it to them. Otherwise most will give you a glass of ice.
I know it sounds harsh, but if you can't afford $2-4 for a water, the clubs really don't want you because they are there to make money (please note - I'm not condoning this attitude, I'm just letting you know it exists).
But they definitely have to give you water - and the warm water thing is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard - I know they've been doing it for a while overseas, but the fact that they are doing it here is absolutely disgusting!

Clubs and big fuckin events piss me off big time for all the above reasons. I mean a large amount of people are peaking to the max, and shouldn't have to deal and comprehend such bulshit trivial matters. If I asked for a glass of water at a club and was given a glass of ice, I'd probably shove the whole lot down the pants of management. Once at a club I asked for a glass of tap water, and some smartarse barman gave me a shot glass of water, with a big fuckin smirk on his face.
For anyone who knows me by now, you can probably see where I'm going with this.
I don't do "clubs" or "big events" run by money raising corporations. I choose to attend medium sized outdoor raves, where entry is cheap, a semi-trailer sits 50 mtrs from the floor with a tanker of water on its back. The people are friendly and generous, and the organising crew will do everything they can, to ensure all is well.
The difference in vibe and energy at these events are simply chalk and cheese.
Don't get me wrong I do enjoy myself at clubs and "Hardware - Jeff Mills" (the last big indoor event I will attend) but the small anoying problems (water, arsehole bouncers, massive ques) end up pissing me off
and take the edge off my drugs, and hence the overall night.

without possibly wanting to defend clubs/major events - (because I truly believe there is a better way to do things, and that if you treat people with respect and inteligence you'll get it back - after all the world is round!) you have to remember several things.
1. Clubs/promoters may indeed love what they are doing, but they are doing it primarily as their job. Its how they earn a living.
2. Running these events is an extremely expensive deal - particularly if the production is good. (And you would not believe how much international DJs cost!)
3. Its an extremely risky enterprise - there are no guarantee that all the money they put in setting the events up will be returned. Crowds are fickle by nature. And remember that often these events aren't put on every week - therefore these people aren't getting a weekly income.
Now as I said, I'm not defending them all - there is a way to do things properly, and unfortunately several promoters see nothing but short term dollars signs, rather than lots of long term dollar signs. They need to see that you get what you pay for, and if they spend the extra bit to make sure you guys get a good night, then they'll get that bit extra out of you - loyalty, respect, and of course money.
Remember, even if you don't believe in karma (and I sure do), the world is round.