Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is my mum on drugs ???

Anth

Bluelighter
i was cranking out the tunes last night at my place. my mum walked in "i love this music, they say you got to be on drugs to like this music, i reckon it sounds great"
what do you reckon' is she popping pills, a mother that loves drum'n'bass ???
------------------
Electrify Me !!!

LOL Anth,
I doubt it, but you never know! Cool if she like's your music but u dont need to be on drugs to listen to it, I'm Not :p U have to be on drugs to listen to music from your mums generation :p i.e the 60's and 70's excluding a few very cool artists like Hendrix etc.
------------------
Do U Deserve!
[This message has been edited by Scott'E' (edited 21 April 2000).]

Man,
wish my mum n dad liked my music. They absolutely hate it and are 'concerned for me' because of the stuff I listen to.
Lucky
smile.gif

you reckon that's bad........
anyone got parents that offer to go out with you?
or even drop you off or pick you up?

yea, tiptronic...
frown.gif
my dad totally hates my drum'nbass and goes on a verbal insult rampage on it whenever i play it slightly above 'normal' hearing volume ... if what Anth said about 'grown-ups' having to be on drugs to enjoy d'nb is true, probably i should spike his drink or something so he can learn to understand + respect d'nb, eh? :p

these same parents had parents who couldnt understand why they were listening to all this nigger rock and roll nonsense... (oh btw thats a direct quote from a grandparent i know)
if your parents actually like the music you listen to, thats when you should start worrying... i just love it how now 17 year olds hassle me out for the music i listen to.. everything is speeding up now, even the generation gap

my dad doesn't mind dnb..
Seems that alot of electronica dosen't seem to mind him. Gotta love the whole instrumental age of the Shadows and the likes of Buddy Holly..
Although anything with 'bass' his not into, all that 'thump thump thump'.
It's worse when you're playing stuff like Clan Analogue, and they walk in saying they listened to that stuff when they were young (eg 20 disco greats).

Well get this, my dad actually liked MOBY, I know I know, I was actually quite proud - my dad is pretty cool I'm thinking......but then comes on the John Williamson - lost all respect for the man......
(My mum always asks me to get her a pill so as that she could experience what all us 'stupid' kids find so enticing......um, mum, you drop a pill and St Johns are gonna have their hands full)
------------------
Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another

my mother gave me a whole stack of purple ohms once, I think it was before "pleasure 94/95" at global village. Also the only two times I've ever had good coke was of my good old mum.
all of my friends call her Techno Granny