Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who's using my name?

ravan

Bluelighter
As a new bluelighter who registered a couple of weeks ago, and has posted a couple of things to do with pills, I am pissed off to see that someone is using my name to start another fight....I am not going to be a part of this shit....I use this sight for useful information and contribute what I can that is relevent.....so who ever you are, pick another name.
------------------

um ok, whats wierd here is that in the post you are talking about the person has used exactly the same name as you, not a subtle variation but exactly the same
this is only possible if they have logged into bluelight with your username and password. if this is what happened then it is a serious offence. do you have any idea how this could have happened?

No I don't and that's why I posted this thread, because Im pissed off...

yeah ok, but dont point your frowning smiley at me ok? im trying to help... i have to ask you the same questions a bank asks you when you say that item on your credit card wasnt spent by you.
does anyone else know your password? have you written it down somewhere where some one else could have seen it? did you leave your computer logged on and unattended? is your password a really obvious word?
dont feel you have to answer these questions here. email me. but i need to know these thigs if i am going to help you work out who did this... if that is what you really want. maybe you just want to stop this from ever happening again, if so then just change your password.
i just severly doubt that someone has hacked the password database or login programme.

With cookies, I think E Bee means that if SuKa posted from a computer that is accessible to other people, and didn't quit the browser program, then someone else could "post reply" from the same browser (ie. by going to one of the most recently visited bluelight topics in the location history) and the reply form would have popped up with the username and passwd already filled out. Does the bluelight site set cookies (little code fragments) that persist on your PC to remember the username/password?

ah yes... you can turn them off i think in BL preferences... and if you are ever using a shared computer at a library or net cafe you should disable all cookies in the browsers preferences before you log on to BL

Thanks guys I really appreciate your feedback...I found aot a friend of mine posted that report, but when he has tried to delete my name and password, so that he could post it under his name, it ended up with mine instead....
Thankyou very much Johnboy, you quick respose to me was great

cool, im glad that got sorted out... thats mainly why i put the link to this thread in that other thread, so maybe we could clear it up.
cheers
jb