• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

stop complaining and do something positive (details inside)

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
here's an idea: rather than complaining about everything, how about you all do something to help bluelight...
i have been asking for ages for people to write in suggestions for our faq, and have been asking specifically for things to do with posting protocol. so far no one has suggested anything.
after all this nastiness started blowing up i decided that these protocols really need to be sorted out. but i've now decided that its not going to be me who's going to do it. apparently many of you have a low opinion of me anyway so its probably best if you, as a whole, decide what should be in it.
what we need is a clear set of guidelines for behaviour. the do's and dont's.
this means everything from how to avoid multiple posts and what to do if you do them, to the rules of no real names and no mention of dealing.
its now up to you... i will not be adding anything else to this thread. please feel free to reply with any and all your ideas.
if there are problems here at bluelight it is up to everybody to contribute, its a tired old cliche but if you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem
its over to you

Ahhh..no-one thinks lowly of you.... 'Tis a tough job, being the modr8or is like a ref... sometimes the punches come your way. Nature of the beast..and the "job" title... Ooops!
I am rather new to bluelight...on since Jan? Feb? Whatever... And it's been an interesting ride.. It's damn hard to 'enforce' ppl to read stuff when the buzz is getting in and looking around!
What is the job of the moderator? I don't ask to be rude! I'm asking for clarification and a description of the moderator's "role". There's no sarcasm in this! I ask genuinely...
Newbies 'should' be at least "friendly" in the first steps...If they really ARE in here
with the same interests, ideas, "familiness"...
The locals should be tolerant...within reason...
So maybe a prod every once and again is needed... =8-O

ok well firstly im gonna say....Johnboy does do a great fucking job on this site. And i think they majority of ppl who post to this area do a great fucking job as well. I mean , i seriosuly dont think i have ever seen anything really stupid posted or just any of the plain crap that seems to go along with some of the other boards. I used to always check out the raves.com board and i used to think it was really good.. Now i dont even bother anymore. The posts there seem to have just descended into stupidity a lot of the time. ANd this isnt me having a go at those people who reguralry post there it is more to the idiots who seem to take great joy in trying to fuck things up for others..
Anyway this is why i think the idea of having a moderator is a great thing. I always used to be against the idea that one person could have the power to delete what other people wrote but obviosly this is required and johnboy seems like he is a very responsible moderator who does take it seriously. So if ppl feel the need to bag the shit out of the moderator welll i doubt they could do a better job. I know i couldnt.
Anyway what im getting at is up till the infamous post yesterday by squaresandcircles i think everything in here was goign along just fine. Sure sometimes ppl may dbl post or ask somethign when they could easily do a search for it (and i have done this myself) but really i dont htink that is a big concern at all. There are always gonna be newbies who will do this as well so its not something that is goign to go away..ever.
Now that thread yeserday just was the stupidest fucking thing i have seen on the site since ive registered 2 months ago (hehe no i usually dont check the main board , i think it scares me to muchhh : )..Why the hell did people get so fired up over what really amounted to nothing at all.?? Squaresandcricles was, and i thought obviously, fucking around. SO i dont even think it was totally his fault. Sure he/she probably shoudlnt have posted it as it was a sorta stupid thing to do but evryone seems to have gone mad over it. He apologized so whats the big deal. It descended into the sort of crap i see on raves.com or other board where ppl bascially tell ppl how stupid they or one of them is. What a waste of time. And now im just wasting time goign on about it anyway. But this will happen again as the board gets more popular and as people who have nothign else to do decide to come in and try and rile up some 'stupid' bluelighters. ANd a lot of the will not apologize and will only have the intention of making trouble as much as possible.
SO I HOPE THAT THIS AREA DOES NOT DESCEND INTO THAT SORT OF CRAP.
anyway enuff of my shit. Trying to think of a set of rules well i think one shoudl bE
READ THE FAQ
smile.gif
derrr
SEARCH ALL THE TIME before asking a question. (something i will have to stick to more often). The search function roxxx.
DO NOT FLAME PEOPLE even if you think they deserve it. cause YOU SUCK is just so fucking boring to read and makes you look worse than the person who is looking for trouble.
hmm shit i thiought i had more ideas than that..anyway well there are three(and yes i know these have probably been said before but i am unoriginal, icant help that i blame my parents
smile.gif
)
l8r
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

i think we gotta get the amounts of meet-up threads under control.
as with the pill reports a format is desirable, and anjele made that quite clear on several occasions!!
should state the city and event in the subject heading, and a list of people hoping to attend, this list should then be regularily updated , rather than paople starting seperate threads on the same subject!!
mmmm, not much i know...............
smile.gif
smile.gif
luv you all .......mev

Hey johnboy...no-one thinks lowly of you...you kick ass (even literally)
wink.gif

As for all this flaming shit....BORING.
People dont waste your energy on negative shit.

I have been reading the Bluelight posts for quite a while now, just of late having decided to finally join Bluelight and become a bluelighter. So as a NEWBIE here, I have nothing but respect (Mr Horse :p) and defiently know first impressions last, yet respect is earned and not only first impresions last for locals but also us newbies with our first impressions of you locals. So as a no.1 protocol for no anamosity between newbies and locals defiently no flamming we are just trying to feel our way around and stick up for ourselves when attacked and being text based it is harder to know when taking it further than we would in person, crossing that line so to speak. Just as I have, newbies for sure get all the protocols down and know who u r dealing with, all it is is just thinking before posting 'easy' Other ideas for protocols I think have been mentioned or are in the FAQ or Help. As to JB, he is a great moderator, very straight down the line. I think he just said that so we would tell him how good of a job he is doing
smile.gif
Well I hope to be here a lot longer and finally become a local if u will all have me :p
C U @ GC
------------------
Do U Deserve!

no thats not why i said it, some people have a problem with how i do my job. thats fine, i'm beginning to respect that... i was just trying to make the point that its a hell of a lot better when this stuff comes everyone, and i am loving this input so far, keep on suggesting this great stuff...
(oh btw big trancer thanks for putting your great suggestions in the main FAQ thread, this will all be brought together at some point)
oh bugger, i wasnt supposed to add anything to this thread...
wink.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

LOL, I was just messin with you JB, I know thats why u didnt say it. Anyway I had a feeling it might get you to add something to the thread when you said you were not going too! :p hehe sorry.
[This message has been edited by Scott'E' (edited 21 April 2000).]

Glad to see everyone has a chance to add their 2c on the matter
smile.gif
Here's mine:
I think a lot of flaming could be avoided if people were urged to back up what they say on some controversial issues.
I replied to a post a few months ago by someone who made a brief statement about something I disagreed with. It was obvious s/he had put very little time/thought into their post, making them look like they were just spouting propoganda. When I replied disagreeing with the statement, I was flamed by the person, who then went on to state they were very knowledgable in the subject. If s/he had stated this in the original post, and backed up their statement with some kind of reason or evidence, the discussion would have been a lot more friendly and even educational.
If people want to post headline-type information without including details, they should become journalists, not bluelighters
smile.gif

(appologies to any journalist bluelighters...if their are any good journalists in the country, I'm sure they'd be here, so no offense meant
smile.gif
)
On the topic of newbies...I think its their responsibility to learn the posting ettiquette, but its also up to us to be tolerant towards them. I know it gets frustrating, but I think maybe a simple comment advising them to read the FAQ etc would be more appropriate than scaring them off by venting our frustrations on them.
Would it be feasable to reply with a standard "look before you post" message, then lock the thread so they know they have to post properly to get a response?
If newbies receive unfriendly replies, they may get defensive, making it less likely they'll actually get the point we're trying to make, and probably deter them from reading/posting again
frown.gif

We mustn't lose sight of the issue that more bluelighters = more educated rollers = more pill testing = eventually, (we hope) better pill quality.
And above all, remember: You were a newbie once too
smile.gif
If you had not of felt welcome at first, would you be here now?

I agree with *meth* about the meet-ups thing. I also think that rather than creating new threads AFTER the event saying how good/shite it was, maybe we could just add on to the old thread. Sometimes people re-bump the original meetup thread and then there'll be 2 going at once, which gets kind of confusing. I know this isn't a major point but it's something that's crossed my mind a few times. It just sux seeing a couple of different threads dedicated to the one topic.
Maybe we could also start up a perma-thread that is dedicated to whinging. That way the people who want to whinge can whinge, the people who don't want to see it don't have to get tricked into reading it by some stupid Topic Line that sounds good but turns out not to be.
BLAH!! Scrap that!!! Ferget about it... i dunno, I like this forum, I havent been here for a while so I missed all the shit. The more often I take a look around this whole site the more I realise that we've got it happening here, so the quality may drop every now and then, people might get flamed... but I'm putting all that down to bad comedowns and too many drugs... which is what we're all about right? RIGHT? hehehe j/k While I agree whole heartedly with what alot of you have said, I don't really have anything of substance to say. Just babbling.
babble babble babble.
cheers,
mona.

Well funk-e chickens..
The whole idea of e doesn't include being a narky asshole. We're working together here so we can all roll as hard as f*&$ for as little money or effort as possible.
Basically its the guys dealing dodgey pills out there that are the enemy.. not your fellow RollErs.
Keep an open mind... i reckon thats what the whole scene is about. :]
reach for the amil-nitrate

I just think that there should be a rule that doesn't allow newbies to post for a certain period of time or something like that. Just let them read for a few weeks or so before they can post. It would solve many probs.
smile.gif
princehamlet
smile.gif

NOTE:::: THIS WAS NOT I REPEAT NOT DIRECTED AT QUAD!!!!!
[This message has been edited by Hamlet (edited 27 April 2000).]

quad's been registered since november...he's a lurker, not a newbie!
smile.gif

how about everyone stop using the word newbie?
hamlet: registered in February 2000
mr horse: registered in February 2000
quad: registered in November 1999
hamlet: total posts = 169
mr horse: total posts = 270
quad: total posts = 8
hamlet: total posts that actually added something to BL = maybe 30
mr horse: total posts that actually added something to BL = maybe 40
quad: total posts that actually added something to BL = 7
percentage wise quad is kicking both your asses...
please dont get offended any of you guys, i was just doing this to show how stupid the idea of hassling someone for being a "newbie" is...
lets think before we post ok?

Hi guys...
i myself am a newbie...both to E and Bluelight...and i think that both are great.
although i dont post much...i come to this site everyday to read peoples opinions and learn as much as i can.
although i have seen some nasty stuff said...i think that everyone here is great...and one day i too hope to earn the respect of "older" bluelighters (and i don't mean age).
You guys have all opened up my eyes as to the wonderful experiences that can be had rolling...and to the friendships that are made along the way.
Cheers to you all guys and gals...and johnboy...you have my deepest respect...
...the heroes are the ones who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences...
jezabelle.
------------------
...blondes have more fun...

Hey, im really not to sure what i am, i mean i post stuff and sometimes nice people reply
smile.gif
...but i dont have new bluelighter next to my name anymore, but its not like i know many of you (unfortunately
frown.gif
) ahhh well.....
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

All right I'm sorry it's come down to this JB, but your post really hurt me.
Let me clarify a few things before I start ATTACKING you and yes I said ATTACKING...I'm sick of trying to be nice all the fuken time and make everyone feel NICE...
When I say NEWBIE (and I'll use any term I want to describe anyone and anything) I refer to people with the Ultra BL status.
Secondly even though it may seem so my post was far from directed at Quad (sorry quad if that's the way it seemed). I have been saying for a while now that NEWBIES should not be able to post for a certain period of time...if you use you fuken prescious "search" button JB you will be able to find that I have posted this suggestion before and in different places...
Thirdly I am sick of everyone her jumping at everyone's throat for littlest things and over reacting to stupid little remarks b4 they even know who the remark is directed to and what it is about. Especially you JB, lay-the-fuk-off man...I mean do you have to bit my head off every time I don't stick to your "imaginary" and I repeat "imaginary" bullshit guidelines.
Lastly don't take everything so fuken seriously...it's just a MESSAGE BOARD FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE FUN!!! I'll call whoever I want whatever I want because I can. If people like you get the wrong impression well tough luck! Try asking for justification before laying out statistics of who wrote more meaningful posts. By the way who decides which post is meaningful... I hope it's not someone as narrow minded as you because then I am surprised I even got 30/160!
I know you are a moderator and I respected you quite a lot, but it's time to get off your high horse, pull your finger out of your arse and stop asking for suggestions from people and then flame them when they give it to you.
Just so you know I didn't even read any of the posts here except for the original one before I posted as I didn't have the time...I simply gave my input and it so happened that it turned up in the wrong place... and of course you couldn't think of things like that before you decided to go on another one of your holy crusades and try and make fools of myself and Horse...
All I know is that I contributed to BL 20 times more than Quad (again no offence Quad) and I'm sure that some people appreciated my posts...so STAY OFF MY BACK JB!!!
I know that this should have been written to you in an email, as I don't want this forum to follow in the path of the main board, but I had to defend my name as there are people here I know and got to love and I don't want anyone to immediately believe JB's bullshit because IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!
And yes JB...I took great offence...
Oh Yeah...no offence meant to you either...I'd just like to stop this kind of thing going on...you know...
frown.gif
princehamlet
frown.gif

In case anyone wondered if ive deleted my posts from this thread, I have. I have my reasons and I stand by them.
[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 28 April 2000).]

im sorry i pissed you off. it wasnt my intention.
but i'll stand by my point that its quality not quantity that counts with posts... you guys just set yourselves up as convenient examples... it could have been anyone.
and like you said its just a board so why get all angry bout it?
oh and thanks for the email mr horse, i've replied...
if you'd like hamlet i can delete my post, if you'd emailed and asked i would have, but then that leaves your reaction... please email me or icq if this is still a drama
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 27 April 2000).]