Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Orion how did you get your bluelight t-shirt

Magoo

Bluelighter
Orion, you're bluelight t-shirt looks awesome man, did you use those iron-on transfers? go to a proper printer? all that kind of stuff. Can you let me know everything on how you got / made the t-shirt I want one for gatecrasher this weekend, thanks in advance (hopefully)
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Hi'ya Magoo,
for one thing, i was really happy with the t-shirt but be warned, it cost me.
I had it done by a proper printing place, i went to 'Active Image' at Southland shopping centre.
I printed out the design Av (thanks for the design Av
smile.gif
) posted here and gave it to them as well as the shirt. Each transfer cost me $25, it stung a bit but i wanted a bluelight T-shirt dammit!!
You can just see the 'Orion' name tag on my sleeve, that was also $25. I couldn't believe it!
I had considered using the transfer things you can put through your printer but they were $20 so i thought i might as well spend an extra five dollars and get a good quality print.
Sooo, to sum it up: It cost me $50 to get both prints done.
They had it done in a matter of hours (they were quite busy too), i was going to shop around but i wanted to get it in time for Hardware16, definitely be wearing it to SSU this saturday.
I've already had it through the wash a few times and it still looks brand new.
If you do get one, make sure you bring what you want them to print in hardcopy or they will charge you even more.
Ripoff merchants! *Grumble*
Anyway, hope this helps.
Orion
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop
Pringle's anyone?

hey orion so im assuming you have a real good quality color printer? and does the image you print out have to be the exact same size as what is gonna end up on your shirt or can they manilpulate this around without losing quality??
and if you just took it in to them on a disk/cd could they do it off there do ya know cause i got a crappy b&w printer
smile.gif
hehe sorry for all the questions but yeh mann your t shirt looks awesomeee indeed!!
l8r, and will hopefully meet ya at ssu man..
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

wheres the design
im still lost
smile.gif

------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

Im printing out my blulighter shirts tomorow itll be done in plastisol proper screenprinting your getting ripped off with the cost of transfers i can send you a file if you like and just buy sheets of the transfer paper from your local office supply store i think five sheets for $25 and just print out file or i can put plastisol screenprinted on to proper transfer paper .plastisol is the shinney plastic looking print you see on shirts .iron on looks a bit dull somtimes.
so that the web site can sell them on or and i can put peoples nicknames in there favorite font onto transfer
anyhow i dont know how to put up picture so ill send you file to print if you like icq or somthing
actually there seems to be a need for bluelighter shirts and it would be less hassel for everyone if they could get hold of good transfers waterbased or plastisol so ill make a few extra and if youd like one ( i cant see them being over ten dollars but im only guessing) mabey e mail me or icq and i can help those that want a shirt now and hopefully official ones will be avalible from someone that owns the site hey maby i can do them for the site ! Johnboy?
but i think Faust has somthing organised?
it will be three colour same font as "THE NEW BLULIGHT" top of page roayl blue light blue and white
dam after re reading it sounds a bit Spammy but hopefully i can help out a bit
ps the nickname is just as much hassel seperate screens seet screens ect plus graphics i sugest you do your own nickname in your favorite font (blulightis ultraworld)do it in CorelDraw and that way whoever is going to do nick name only has to mess around a small amount to set up!
[This message has been edited by White Smoke (edited 18 April 2000).]

The design on a thread by 'AV' called 'bluelight.ru T shirt's ?'
Just do a search
smile.gif

The printer i have is a Epson Stylus Color 640 (bubblejet)
I just printed it out to the width of an A4 page. They said they could alter the size if i wanted but i didn't think i needed to.
In terms of losing quality, i wouldn't think so, if you wanted to you would probably only need to change the size by a small amount.
smile.gif

See'ya
smile.gif

do you guys think that if i took one of my shirts, which has a worn out print of an "e" on it, they could make it look not to worn out??
its one of my favourites...
smile.gif

------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop...

dragon the answer is no as the shirt one it has been washed has like a fur on it which ruins the print it kinda sticks up and messes it all up.sorry
frown.gif
Thanks for that i didnt find it on my searches.and im not diputing the quality i personaly think the plastisol on a shirt has a good look to it.especialy simple desighns
dont ever mean to flame if it looks that way
smile.gif

That is a winner desighn after seeing that i enlisted at tec to improve my coreldraw skills.
I did jump the gun a touch , to amend what i said earlier if i were to make up the desighns and screen print onto transfer, you would have to go to a screenprinter in your area and get them to use a proper heat press to put on
I dont imajine theyd charge you much!
i intend making a few shirts like the pill one and i will make extra..
but iff i sell any they wont be at a huge profit and a donation will be made to the web site.
Doing it yourself on your own printer will
cost less and i bet you will like the shirt more in the end.
but beware all must be printed on white or bright shirts with transfers.
[This message has been edited by White Smoke (edited 19 April 2000).]

White Smoke,
Can you clear something up for me. Can anyone use this plastinol? Is it a transfer? Can anyone put it onto the t-shirt? Could you explain this a little clearer for me. Thanks
------------------

Plastisol is an ink used in screenprinting,and is shinyer and more plastic looking than water based inks
well i was going to make up some bluelighter
transfers where i put the plastisol screenprinted on to a type of transfer material (which could only be pressed on with proper equipment)!!.
i think its going to be far less confusing to make up shirts and just sell them if people want em!.

How can I go about buying one then?
------------------

When i have the finnished product (around 26/27-04-00) i will arange somthing with the site owners hopfully,and post a thread
just e mail me for the time being

Bluelighter shirts have been made,anyone wanting please just e mail me or icq .Hopefully get photos up soon.
I will be at one more drop and gatecrasher perth if you want to see shirts.
[This message has been edited by White Smoke (edited 23 April 2000).]

Scoobydont, yes I have heard of Scooter before, that's where I got the quote from? I know I'm going to regret this, but Scooter is what got me into the rave scene and all that's associated with it, I used to love them. Notice, I write USED to love them. On the topic of bluelight t-shirts, I made my own t-shirt for Gatecrasher (on the night) and the ink ran from all the sweat, how do you avoid this, if making your own???
------------------