Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Water Intoxication

Scatterhead

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone finds thirt a symptom of water intoxication?

Last weekend I was dancing away, sticking to the recommended 500mls of water but soon found myself ploughing through a bottle or more per half an hour. The strange thing was that the more I drank, the more my craving for water increased. I was starting to get light headed, dizzy and a bit disorientated. I figured I couldn't possibly be dehydrated, yet the more water I drank the better I momentarily felt and the more I felt like I needed to drink water. I continued chugging back water and could feel myself slipping into a weird, cloudy, euphoric headspace. Something like drunkeness.

Finally I convinced myself to stop and I vacated to a cool quiet area, forced some foul extra salty, maccas fries down (an effort in itself) and talked to randoms the rest of the night.

Does anyone else get the urge to over-hydrate? Normally, I just sip water and struggle to get 500mls an hour, so it was quite an odd experience.

^ taking a fairly decent educated guess I'd say he was using MDMA.

I've had this happen to me, once, Scatterhead. The only thing I could do to not completely slip into that "headspace" was to go out into the fresh air and take it easy on the water/alcohol consumption.

I've at times struggled to get down a bottle of water in a couple of hours, then other times manage to knock down about 4 bottles in the same period.

funnily enough, water is a diuretic as well - the more you consume the more your body wants to consume . i notice this most when i'm at work... the more i drink the more i want to drink..

i've had days where i am completely full of water but yet still have an unquenchable thirst.. you need to have some lemon juice or somethign to trick your body into thinking all is good again..

Just make sure you dont drink too much water while on a pill, cos it can flood your brain! they say only 1 bottle 500ml per hour. A person died here from drinking too much water while on a mitsubishi.

I've done this before too, left about fifteen glasses of ice on a table in an hour! No-one came to clean them up and I couldn't stop myself drinking more.
I'll have to agree that the more you drink, the more you want to drink more - kinda like beer

I used to have a bit of problem with drinking more water than needed. I put it down to that I like to play with stuff and lifting a bottle of water to my mouth gave hands something to do.

I also like the sensation of cold water on the back of the throat while peaking my tits off.

Scatterhead: I have spent a lot of time reading on this topic. One common thread I noticed in two of the highly publicised deaths from MDMA related water intoxication (dilutional hyponatraemia) was that the people were observed by others at some point actually guzzling water. I even wrote about it here:)
Of note, in the case of both Anna Woods and Brittney Chambers, both were reportedly seeking large amounts of water prior to becoming unconcious - whether they thought this would rid them of the negative effects they were feeling, or is a direct result of DH is unclear.
from ECSTASY AND HYPONATRAEMIA / WATER INTOXICATION
I still don't know why it happens. :\

i agree superbabydoc - the majority of ectasy deaths you read about are characterised by the consumation of large amounts of water, and long periods of intense activity.

Along this subject I do its possible to become "drunk" by drinking a huge and dangerous amount of water in a short period. Going from memory i think it was in the realm of 5-10 litres in a minute or two. Of course the damage/drawbacks of doing this completely outweigh its benefits.

Personally I find when pilling i experience a need to constantly consume something, whether it be water, cigs, or alcohol. There is nothing you can do these days, you can't drink too much water or alcohol, cigarettes, lollies and chewing gum fuck my jaw up and doing nothing is like trying to calm a hypoactive 5 year old.