Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How many people are on the stuff?

Faust

Bluelighter
I must have had no idea before I visited this website.
So many people are on some form of antidepressant. Did they start taking it after they started taken X?
What is the correllation? I have been using X for years and I still feel super and have had no negative effects apart from some seriously dodgy girlfriends.
Could it be that doctors just hand out SSRI drugs like candy now a days?
Hell now I have started noticing it being used by so many people I see it every where. At least 3 of my friends take it and I never knew.
Just thought I would mention it.
Cyas
smile.gif

------------------
Life is short, Roll hard
All information by Faust is FICTION created by a 14 year old Borneo tribes woman.

Not me...but I do remember a post a while ago which said that antidepressants cancel out the e, so it's really a waste...there was also a good link to an article in erowid...I can't be bothered looking for it...I'll just let JB do my dirty work...he'll probably do it for me...he loves those links...
ummm...JB???...hehehe...kidding...
smile.gif
P L U R
smile.gif

princehamlet

God yeah...antidepressants are handed out like lollies - I work in a pharmacy and they must be one of the most prescribed medications.
But if you're taking antidepressants with E, you have to be really careful cos there are different types. The older SSRIs (like Prozac) DO cancel out the effects of E, but the newer MAOI antidepressants (like Zoloft) can have REALLY bad interactions with E. And this ain't no bullshit.....a friend of a friend had to be resusitated at a party because she had some pills with us and didn't tell us she was on antideppressants...a WAY scary experience.
So basically, just be careful.

*grumble grumble* do your own bloody search *grumble grumble*

Hey guys,
I'm not suggesting that you think that everyone who takes anti-depressants isn't in need of them... well, I hope this isn't what you mean anyway. I'm sure that there is quite a few people out there that are just on them for the hell of it, but I'm one that was in need of help.
And no, it wasn't the pills that got me f@*ked up but severe personal issues about six months ago. Obviously, I'm not going to get into that - but let's just say that I doubt everything would be so rosy today if I hadn't gone on anti-depressants. If you do meet me - you would have no idea of the shit I've been through unless you had known me prior to 6 months ago.
I'm on Zoloft now... and yes, pilling is affected. Unless I stop the anti-depressants for 2-3 days beforehand, they'll have absolutely no effect. But - you've got to feel totally emotionally stable before you decide not to have them for 2 days or so. And, for this reason, pilling isn't a common thing for me these days :c(
But, I know the most important issue here is to get better in the long run - and I CAN still have a good night without pills. And, when I want to have a big night - I'm at the stage where I'm ok to go off them for a little while and take them immediately after I start to come down.
Just for your information zomp3, Zoloft is an SSRI similiar to Prozac, not an MAOI - it is not extremely dangerous to have with pills, it just won't effect you due to the stablisation of your serotonin levels. Anyway - there's already been heaps of posts about that, so I'll let you guys do the searching if your interested.
Just wanted to let you know my point of view guys. That, there are people out there who aren't just on them for 'fun'. And, don't worry - I'm not that scary in person :c)
Lotsa hugs,
**chowbaby**

I completely agree with *chowbaby*.
Antidepressants are great if you are in need. I'm not sure whether I started to need them because of my lifestyle choices or because of a predisposition to depression/anxiety. Either way I'm sure they have helped me to stay alive and somewhat get my crap together.

I used to be on ssri's, i had a lot of shit to deal with which i had been ignoring....and things came to a head about 2 years ago.
without them i was able to change my attitude towards life....
though i've had experiences with one e + a close friend which was as productive as several months on ssri's. mainly because i was able to look at life from the POV of someone who didn't have depression...if only for a little while
smile.gif

being able to see things in a positive light, rather than the through the gloomy dank of depression made me see that i didn't have to think like that anymore.
oh and i gave up ssri's cause i found out that you roll harder without them :p
gotta have priorities

oh btw i need to clarify some points in zomp3s' post.
MAOI's are the older form of antidepressants. hardly anyone takes these anymore. if you are on an MAOI's you are probably already on diet restrictions, no brewed/fermented foods and less tryptophan. anyway if you're on these it's a bad idea to take E's because they slow down the elimination of E's. the lycaeum and erowid have good info on that.
SSRI's are the new drugs like prozac and citalopram, afaik they are safe to take with e(personal experience).

Mainly I was wondering if you started to use antidepressants after you had been taking e for a while. Do you think that taking E made you more depressed over a long period of time.
Seriously I am not worried about myself but I want to know for my friends. Dont think I could ever be sad
smile.gif

I actually got some Zoloft of an x girlfriend to try the SSRI after a night of pilling.
IT is supposed to stop the degredation of the axons in your brain that can happen when dopamine gets taken back in from the synapse and oxidised.
I will let you all know how it goes after this Friday.
------------------
Life is short, Roll hard
All information by Faust is FICTION created by a 14 year old Borneo tribes woman.

yeah...just apologising for the glitch in my last post. j_swift got it right- zoloft is an SSRI. I was just going on info given to me by someone who really should know what they are talking about, and they got it wrong. It's really good to see that people know their stuff around here.....even if it seems that I don't!