Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DMAE legality?

lazychook

Bluelighter
Hi everybody!
I've recently been researching alot about smart drugs and suppliments, and one special one has come to my attention. DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol)

I've done a quick search of the forums and an extremly in-depth search of the internet but i got nothing about the legal implications this specific suppliment has in Australia.

Does any one know if DMAE is legal in australia?
And if it is, does anyone use it? Is it as good as it sounds?

I would greatly appreciate anyones comments on this subject.

Cheers, lazychook =D

Hey Wazza, thanks for your help, but unfortunetly I've already read through all of those treads a a couple more you didnt list. All of them have quite a bit of information on DMAE but none indicate anything about what I want to know.

thanks for your input though, it is much appreciated =D

I think I have just answered my own question!
This site says that it is LEGAL to import DMAE into Australia!

**Thanks for the warning phase_dancer**
Im very sorry about that, i didnt read the rules porperly, I thought they only applied to ILLEGAL drugs...my bad.

If anyone knows about reliable and cheap places to purchase DMAE (aus or america) please PM me, as it would be greatly appreciated!!!

(^^ is that ok?)

cheers,
lazychook =D

Last edited:
er, what, the FUCK, this is a class A!! controlled substance in NZ...in there with lsd, heroin,crack and such...what, the flying fuck, can we have some legislative consistency...pulease?!

Looking at that link, I would tend to question anything claimed without another source to back it up. There are some incorrect statements; even serotonin is spelt incorrectly in places. I was also surprised that the paragraph on Tryptophan failed to mention it's current legal status in Australia, yet talked of doses between 500 -1,500 mg / day. Without the required prescription, that's a lot of bananas ;)

Perhaps you may like to do as VeloxideX did in this post.

[Edit: Removed posting comments no longer relevant]

Last edited:
umm yes it is legal, they don't sell it but it's legal to import, i got piracetam, 5-htp, DMAE, and various other nootropics off the interenet, and they arrived fine (i found some sites that said it was legal, so i was satisfied).
Only supposed to order 3 months worth though, and I ordered 12 bottles of 5-htp... lol

bear in mind also that just b/c an unofficial internet site, or even something that looks absolutely official tells you that its legal, it may not be at all. Laws liek drug laws are ever so quietly amended all teh time to deal with areas of 'contemporary public concern' and the sad thing is ignorance of the law is no excuse...

Not quite sure if anyone really cares...but I thought I would just clear this up because there have been a few unanswered threads before mine.
I emailed the TGA and they confirmed that DMAE is completly legal to posess and import into Australia.

Although there is still a 3 month supply limit on each import, and no more than 15 months supply within a 12 month period.

I hope that is a useful bit of information and helps someone else asking the same questions as me :)

cheers,
lazychook

BTW
If anyone knows of any reliable online pharmacies that stock DMAE I would really appreciate a private message! =D THANKS

just to add to the Me Toos...

i ordered (amongst other things) 4 bottles of DMAE 100 x 250mg last month and it arrived fine, even after 5 days of Customs quarantine.

it is made by NOW Foods. i am sure you will be able to google for a source.

Not quite sure if anyone really cares

Of course we do :) Thanks for the feedback guys
14.gif

biggerbear said:
just to add to the Me Toos...

i ordered (amongst other things) 4 bottles of DMAE 100 x 250mg last month and it arrived fine, even after 5 days of Customs quarantine.

it is made by NOW Foods. i am sure you will be able to google for a source.

It's not hard to find in bulk. Order ~750g for [edit: a few US $] :)
(sorry if this price is against the rules?)

[I'm afraid it is VelocideX. The fix should still give the general idea; p_d :) ]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not considered an antidepressant... Whether it works is questionable, but it's alleged to have memory enhancing properties

just wondering, what reason would DMAE have for being illegal??? I've been taking it regularly for about six months and im a big fan of the supplement. Is it dangerous in any way?

The distinction "class a"/"class b" etc does not exist in australia.

All illegal drugs are in the same category with the exception of marijuana, which is in a separate category.

DMAE is not addictive, not recreational. Methamphetamine is.

DMAE has never been approved for sale in Australia; all such substances can be legally imported for personal possession, but are not available for sale.