Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A Letter From Mona

mona

Bluelight Crew
OK, I'm quite proud of both these letters that I just recently sent in to 3D World (A street press publication in Sydney), I thought I'd post it here for everyone to see. The first part actually got published but the online version of 3D doesn't show the letters...anyway, the letter is in 2 parts..here it is
smile.gif

"For christ's sake!!! First of all I'm going to pick on your extremely poor choice of word Egg. Just a pet hate of mine, and I'm sure I've already lost some readers (assuming this actually makes it into the divine pages of the world we call 3D...sucky enough for ya?) who use the word Egg regularly, but who gives a shit right? I hate it. It's ridiculous.
Ok, now that I've alienated myself from about half of the 3D world readership and probably runied the validity of my forthcoming argument by starting off on such a childish note....*breathe*... I'm going to
start here.
Before you start spreading rumours that pills have LEAD in them,
pleeeeeeease do a bit of research ok? I mean seriously, what would a Cook have to gain by putting LEAD in a pill? Absofuckinglutely nothing. I sincerely doubt that there is someone out there with sinister enough
intentions to want to poison the whole of Sydney with a dodgy pill. Speed pills I can understand, it's cheaper. DXM I can understand, it's cheaper and it gives you a trippy feeling (I'm not saying I agree with
Cooks putting DXM in pills as we all know that when DXM and MD** get together in your stomach your liver just can't break them both down, which of course we all know results in extreme levels of MD** in the
blood stream, which we ALL know can lead to Seratonin Syndrome and maybe even death). Honestly though...LEAD?
I guess I could say "It serves you right" for a) buying a pill without testing it first b)....
(this is where the letter stopped, I wasn't going to send it and then I accidently did...if the little educational 'preachy' bits sound a bit basic, it's just because I really don't know about the levels of drug education the readers of 3D have...according to the letter Lead Belly it's pretty low)
PART 2:
First of all I'd like to say thanks for publishing an unfinished letter of mine as 'Letter Of The Week' in issue 496 (April 3rd), titled 'We All Know'.
I had started that letter in a rage, determined to get my point across
to the person who wrote the letter titled 'Lead Belly' in the previous issue. Halfway through writing the letter I re-read the Lead Belly letter and noticed that the author had written something about post mortem results from the Happy Valley incident. Seeing as though the whole point of my letter was to try and dispel yet another likely Urban
Myth about pills in Sydney, I decided to check up on some facts. Once I found that there in fact have NOT been any post mortem results released, I was going to continue writing the letter.
Unfortunately, I saved my rough copy of the letter that ended up being published in my outbox....which of course led to me stupidly clicking on 'send' when I shouldn't have. You can imagine my surprise when I opened last week's 3D WORLD to find my letter staring me in the face jumping up and down screaming,
"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!! Look what you did! Even the editor made you look like a fool!"
.... oh well, there's not much more I can do about that except finish my letter and try an explain why the last one came across as it did (like I was trying to sound as though I actually knew what I was talking about)
So my original letter was basically just trying to point out to people that this is how horrible rumours get started about our beloved drug Ecstasy. Journalists read 3D, they visit our web sites and post on our
discussion forums, the minute they get hold of something like this (i.e. grey Fish contain lead) it functions to add to the growing list of Urban Myths already circulating about E, which the media have undoubtedly had a hand in the creating of at least a few. When someone posts a tidbit
like this 'lead in pills' business for all to see, you have to realise that alot of the time the general public will dismiss it as fact because they have either read it in a reputable publication, or heard it from
someone they consider more knowledgeable than themselves. The other will question the validity of the statement concerned and research on their own behalf.
For the second half, letters like 'Lead Belly' pose no problem, for the first half they do. Unfortunately, the person who wrote 'Lead Belly' fits among the first half of people as s/he just accepted that this
'kind stranger' (sorry can't quote exactly, I don't have that issue with me) was more knowledgeable about the contents of the pill and was therefore telling the truth. This is fine, if you use that knowledge for yourself and choose to take or not take the pill in question...but please, if you're going to be broadcasting it to the substantial section
of Sydney that reads 3D, then check up on your facts and post them, speculation and hearsay don't mean a thing when people are ingesting illegal drugs.
I just want to say again, that I wasn't meaning to sound like a wanker who thinks they know everything, but I do know that I have a fairly good grip of the basics (which I believe everyone should) and I hate it when
I see people being misguided. We've had some decent media responses to drug issues lately and it would be good to see them continue but if our journalists keep finding stuff like this it won't happen.
Then again, I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Anyway, visit "www.bluelight.ru" skip past the main forum and head to the Aussie Discussion bit, some of the threads at the moment are really worth having a look at. You can also order EZ -Test kits through them,
something I think everyone should have considering the amount of crap going around at present.
Cheers,
Ramona.
[email protected]
That was it
smile.gif

NOW I'm not sure if they poublished it because it was a good letter or if they just needed to fill up the pages
wink.gif

Bravo Mona.
Its about time we educated rollers make the effort to try and dispel myths that the media seems determined to propogate, whether it be in the US or in OZ. I guess it is for them really about headlines, and "E contains Lead, Paint Fumes, Egg Shells, Strychnine,etc.ad nauseum" catches the potential reader's eye more than "E can be a good drug when taken responsible and tested to ensure that a MDxx substance in contained therein."
I recentely sent a letter to a local television station that produced a segment on E that blamed designer drugs(although E was the only one mentioned) for 300 deaths in Florida, and of two recent deaths(both of which were OD's on combos of speed,E,coke,heroin, and something else.) Then they for an interview pick someone off the street who is FUBARED and he mumbles something about E being wonderful, which to John Q.Public means that he is only saying that because he is high and gives the wrong impression. And of course, I get back an email saying nothing but "thanks for the comments."
Media pricks.
So bravo Mona, you are as intelligent as you are beautiful..
smile.gif

------------------
Peace
Soulwatcher
"me Grimmlok think me want to drop E and listen to trance..."

well ,
so i guess my posting here gives you the shits ? (with my ridiculous nick???)
smile.gif

but its good to see both the media (3d, even if it is drug culture friendly) publishing such letters and people (ie users) getting worked up enough to counter the utter lies the media regularly publishes (i hope yr listening Mr Herald Sun , Mr Telegraph...)
-eggman (who actually took his nick in refernece to the beastieboys rather than pills.......not that i am defending myself anywho
smile.gif
)

ahh i read that letter..
smile.gif
now i know who wrote it...
good on ya!!!

When I read MD** in 3d-world i was sure it was a bluelighter.
Good work Mona.

i'm still curious as to why this person thought there was lead in a pill in the first place.
was it just because it was grey?
did it seem particularly heavy?
oh well, just proves my theory that people are stupid
smile.gif

------------------
shut up brain or i'll stab you with a q-tip

Well if theres lead in our pills maybe we should get aj to include a magnet in the ez testers
wink.gif