Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dropping increasing / Alcohol Decreasing

Orion

Bluelighter
I heard a while ago from various people that the amount of people dropping pills is increasing and is indirectly causing alcohol consumption to steadily decrease. This apparently became evident after new years 2000.
This is apparently had the most impact in the 18 - 25 year old age bracket.
Anyone know if this is true, or have i been taken for a ride on the merry-go-round.
------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop
Pringle's anyone? :)

We can only hope that people stop drinking that evil drug called alcohol.
I would say that it would be right that people are not drinking as much. When you go out at night you dont drink alcohol cause you are having other things that night and you know it is not good to drink when you pill.
So water consumption has gone up and alcohol has gone down.
------------------
Life is short, Roll hard
All information by Faust is FICTION created by a 14 year old Borneo tribes woman.

I have found with myself, that I hardly drink any more. I've been dropping for about a year now and haven't looked back. Prior to that, I used to drink weekly, spend $100 on drinks on a fri & sat. Every now and then I'll have a couple Johnny and cokes, just for the taste of it, but as soon as I start feeling a little tippsy, I stop immedietly. I don't like being pissed any more! Honestly how can you possibly compare the lovely rushes, thoughts and experiences you have with pills compared to the sluring, numb minding feeling of alcohol? They are total opposites.
Do you kiddies know which drug is better?... yes I thought so. =)

definatly you only have to go to the popular clubs to see this.Aquarious is this the age?
i predict that clubs will no longer dirty agro places with buts and broken glass all around finnishing up around 3 am.
but instead you will see healthyer looking people with a smile still dancung till morning healthy drinks to buy at the bar nice clothes a much better place to rest and revive my sole .im an oldie and have seen a lot and a lot is what is being changed!
long live ADAM IMHO

Working in the industry I have first hand experience and I can guarantee that there has been a steady increase in drug usage. Even nights that have been historically 'straight/alcohol drinking' nights now have a percentage that is ever growing of people who take drugs.
Look at the rise in popularity of events such as Two Tribes - dock parties were once the domain for G/L crowds, where as now everyone from everywhere and every background comes to them.
And as for which crowd I perfer working - the police up at Earthcore NYE summed it up best when locals moaned about the influx of 5000 ravers - they said that they'd have more problem dealing with the 30 drunk locals at the pub than they'd had dealing with 5-6000 people

I started dropping pills 5 years ago and have to admit that my alcohol consumption and my friends alcohol consumption dropped to zero 6 months after we started pilling and lasted probably 3 years . At the start of last year I reduced dropping pills drastically as I got sick of dropping E's not sleeping and the whole seen etc.... It just did not give me the buzz that it used to and even though post loading helps the come downs they were just getting worse and outweighed the fun I had being on the E's .
So in the middle of last year I began drinking ( In Moderation of course) and now I looked forward to a drink every so often .
I agree that the Alcohol culture is loud rough and sometimes violent but I think E's have taught all of us to be more accepting of different people and the different things they do ( well it has made me appreciate these things anyway). So look at the alcohol culture as one of those things that you might not agree with or enjoy doing anymore but never the less we must respect and accept the people who still enjoy it . There may be people out there who have never enjoyed drinking but I suspect that 80% of pill poppers where on the bottle before the pill and will one day return to the bottle ......
Cheers
Chill

I agree entirely with you there chill. Ive cut way back on my pilling and have increased the drinking instead.
Im not being hypocritical here (coz you know I've had my fair share) but lets face it - pills fuck you up. Anyone who denies this is fucken kidding themselves.
Nowadays I can go out have a few drinks, be just as friendly and as silly and wake up feeling better. And I dance pretty bad either way so it doesnt mater really.
Im not saying Im not going to drop again, coz that would probably turn out to be bullshit.
But when it comes to going to work and trying to perform, its much easier to do so with a slight hangover than a comedown - trust me on this one!!!
As for the future, well I think its pretty obvious. Since coming back to Oz in September, I've noticed a huge "uptake" of people taking stuff. This is your ordinary Joe citizen being introduced to it by a mate, and then "instant party popper". So the future is in the allmighty "baggy" not the bottle. The alcohol companies have a right to be scared - be very scared.

i have to say i fit your little model very nicely, Orian. i am in the 18-25 age bracket, and before i started pilling (only a couple of months ago), i used to drink at least a caton of beer a week. now it's down to 3-4 beers a week.
i still enjoy a few quiet beers at the pub wth mates though...
------------------
"would you like to learn to fly?
would you like to see me try?"

Chill - an interesting point on the violent alcohol crowd.
The number of pure "pissheads" is diminishing at an almighty rate. So even being back in a drinking scene, the fact that a large number have tried pills before does calm down their aggressive tendencies, even when in that environment.
And its become quite common to walk thru the crowd in a pub and see these eyes glowing in the dark at you.
Nothing like walking into a pub and getting a cuddle I say
wink.gif

i agree entirely with chill.
pills definetly fuck u up whether u like it or not. probably most people haven't been nyopping all that long so they don't understand. we'll ask them in a few years hey chill.
i mean fuck i'd rather have a beer after work than pill right???
get with the real world alcohol is a tasty beverage.

i'm doin yr 12 this year. and i'm seeing the kids in the younger grades get into chemicals MUCH earlier than i did.
they r skipping the experimentation with alchohol and weed and moving straight into pills and goey. so by the time they r out in the clubs they have already totally bypassed alcohol.
and the NSW police force did publicly announce that they attribute the decrease of violence/brawls on NYE as a result of more ppl taking pills than drinking.
------------------
"just pass the vibes on, and take it easy....

Yeah freaky stuff - but a boon for the dealers though.
When I was a lad, it was a big deal to skip off for a drink at the Oaks (N.Bay). Some even smoked weed at school.
But your right - people are skipping the whole drink thing. When I was in the Uk, I clubbed with quite a few kids, who it later turned out were only 16. That was scary. I asked them if they drank, and they said, no, Im underage!

For me personally I reserve my pill usage for special occasions ie holidays. There are mainly two reasons for this UNI and a lack of money. I wish I could be pilling every second week but due to uni I really have to give it a break so I can actually think at uni and at least atempt to do some work.
So during uni I have gone back to drinking alcohol. But I have noticed that I don't drink as much as before. But alcohol can be great in the right environment. For example I went to TOGA (Toga party a Uni of WA) Totally awesome night, neverending beer and punch, people were just throwing drinks on each other, crazy.
So u can still have a good time on alcohol, and it is a good 'break' drug. But I can't wait till my next pill mmmmm..........

Ho hum.
Well its looks like it's not just me after all, eh.
I dunno, i still to a have a few drinks every now and then but when i usually talk about having a big night now, it usually translates into dropping something.
As a few of you said earlier, theres no doubt that pills are not good for you, the question is how much damage are they doing?
Maybe it'll turn out like cigarettes, there was a significant percentage of a whole generation that smoked without knowing the health risks and came down with health problems later on.
Wonder if we're headed for a case of history repeating itself, who knows.
From all the hype in the public eye and scientists i've heard, it has pretty much been said that not one person knows what xtc is doing to us, guess we are the guinea pigs.
*Hope i didn't scare anyone out there*
But hey, if it all comes back to haunt me in my old age, maybe i'll be in my 60's or 70's in some crappy nursing home, i say what the hell and start dropping again and get off my dial. Go out with a bang!!
------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop
Pringle's anyone?

hi all,
i think once people come into pills, they stop drinking for a couple of years while pilling, and then when they realise that they have been having too many pills, and not enough 5tp/rest/timeouts they think "pills have fucked me up" and then go back to drinking.
i used to get sloshed. now that i have started pilling i have 4 drinks *max* and will never let myself get past tipsy and i feel *so much better* for it.
i plan to pill till i die. which means i won't pill every week (waste of serotonin anyway) and i'll take my mdma (no speed thanks) in moderation.
and i bet you i'll last, too.