Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melatonin/Melanin? (pre/post loading)

Bent

Bluelighter
I've only just found Bluelight, and I've been very interested in all the info on pre/post loading.
One 'vitamin' that I heard about a while ago was either Melanin or Melatonin - it apparently helps restore your normal sleep patterns as well as general wellbeing.
Anyone heard anything like this or do simply have no idea!
Cheers,
Bent

give this page a read:
http://www.tnp.com/substance.asp?ID=176
as for its relation to ecstacy use, well your sleep patterns do get out of whack but post loading with melatonin probably wont do much if you are still experiencing "speedy" after effects ie if amphetamines are still acting on the dopamine receptors of your brain taking melatonin to get "sleepy" will have little or no effect...
but then again who knows? melatonin's role in sleep regulation is still not clearly understood. it does seem to help people, like travellers and shift workers, who's sleep patterns need readjusting...
oh and another thing i found out before is that 5-htp helps with the production of all related brain chemicals, including seratonin, dopamine and melatonin. but because it promotes them all you dont get sleepy...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Everyone feel free to correct if I'm wrong.
I recommend you research this, as I'm not entirely sure how correct with what I'm about to say.
Apparently Serotonin is processed into melatonin(ignore spelling)(M for short). After you've come down all/most of your sertonin is no longer pre-synaptic. It's all been metabolised. Serotonin get converted to M. M makes you sleep. I belive this may be why you can sleep easily when you come down from e. I know that was brief, but I have'nt done a lot of homework on it, so like I said, try to confirm it. Can any Bluelighers help?

My advice is check out Johnboys post "EVERYONE READ" and look up deep or pinger's reply...it'll answer all you questions and blow your mind away...hehehe...deep is such a ...well deep guy...
smile.gif
P L U R
smile.gif

princehamlet