Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighter on a par with Leo DiCaprio

Lulu

Bluelighter
I just read a post by someone I won't bother to name. The author mentioned writing to a local street mag to enhance the reputation of "Bluelight".
Mmm, intelligence.
After just reading Johnboy's essay on the fact that bluelight is becoming overloaded with data, let alone overloaded with BULLSHIT, I really don't see the full merit in trying to coax more people into posting more BULLSHIT, eg. "I've never done an E. Should my first time be at a school dance, or at the skate bowl with my boyfriend?"
Hence, the reference to Leonardo DiCaprio.
Has anyone seen 'The Beach'? Shit movie, don't bother. However, the moral to the story is that something sacred, something special, is no longer sacred or special when the whole world jumps on the band wagon and decided to sus out this new "cool" place/site. When you get a lot of uninformed wankers coming along for the ride because "Yeah, man, I did an E once, but I was so drunk I don't remember it. But yeah, it was cool", you lose the whole meaning of respect. Bluelighters respect one another, they respect what they are here to talk about, and they respect that you don't post uninformed BULLSHIT without expecting to be flamed. When the whole world decides to bcome along for the ride, the society which has been revolving around the mutual respect for something, whether it be a beautiful beach, or a beautiful feeling, falls to pieces. Something so sacred and special is not something you find between a Coke ad and a weather report. To reap the benefits of something so special, you have to find it yourself. After searching for such a long time to find something so worth while, it means so much more.
I will now stop ranting as I search on for a new location, somewhere less commercial, somewhere sacred, where the posters are wise, yet the lurkers are wiser.

>I will now stop ranting as I search on for a new location, somewhere less commercial, somewhere sacred, where the posters are wise, yet the lurkers are wiser.
No offence, but i'm a fucken cool dood. You should be happy that i'm on here... so lighten up, bluelight hasn't gone commercial yet it's just growing, a natural process of everything in nature yadda yadda..
i saw the hurricane tonight, what a disturbing film. makes me wonder why throughout the ages we never came up with a replacement for jail. jail is the most awful thing i can think, the removal of someone's freedom is something no man/woman should do t another, but if pressed i can't come up with a better solution.
i think we got it all fundamentally wrong many years back and then needed a quick fix so we didn't think of the ramafacations, just took away the immediate threat and stuck it inside four walls so we didn't have to look at it.
what does this all have to do with e however? i want to give you all a tip for partying - "don't try and sort out your problems when you are off your trolley, LEAVE THAT FOR WHEN YOU ARE STRAIGHT!"
that's the only rule you need and every roll will be the finest. i love you all, like a hurricane... or something... hummdy dumm...

I can see what you are saying lulu, but that is what nature is about - evolution. Dont you think it is better that these shit heads become more informed about there actions and can make wise decisions? I think you should keep an open mind.

Hi all!
I agree with Mr.Horse except being labelled a shit head, but I don't think that it applies to me. It's not very hard to read a FAQ before you post!
Anyway, without this board I would not know about the effects and differences of MDMA or MDEA, nor would I know about pill testing. In fact most of my friends didn't like "smacky" pills, they liked their "rushy" pills till they read some info I printed out to show them from this board.
I now know through everyone talking about the different pills and also pillreports database which pills are good and which are bad so i can now make a much more educated decision what to roll on!
Pre and Post loading, What the fuck? We use to just pop them and feel like shit for the next few days! Now it’s a religion!
Like a stone thrown into a pond, The ripples expand and continue ever outwards.
I have learned lots and past the knowledge onto my friends who in turn have passed it onto their friend’s etc. etc.
Thank you Bluelight and especially its users for sharing their knowledge.
Rhumba.
------------------
yeah i heard ya man, out tha corner of ma eye!

Hey,
When I read the topic I thought you were talking about me, I mean I am a good looking guy
smile.gif

I did a post about this on the big board a while ago. Some of the people feel the same way as you and I do about this place becoming "too popular" and the place becoming over run.
I personally don't advocate Bluelight unless I know the person is going to treat the place with respect. The place is maturing, you can't help that and with all the "cool" people there are bound to be a few "dickheads", some things are inevitable.
With maturity comes a price, be it pimples or dickheads, just remember, in time they will go away.
d.
------------------
Attitude is something boring people made up!!!!

I have to agree with Rhumba here. The bluelight board is undoubtedly a fantastic reference site for people interested in ecstacy or the rave culture. The sheer volume of information here, referenced or backed up with experience and reliable first-person accounts, represents a resource that should be tapped whenever possible by those people wishing to find out more information about ecstacy (and other substances).
What better way to educate people about the benefits/drawbacks of ecstacy, than by providing access to real information (not half-researched, quarter-accurate media accounts) from authoritative and experienced sources, regarding the health issues, user reports, testing results and current legal issues? Promoting knowledge must be the best way to encourage safety in this area, because to have people remain ignorant of anything in this area (eg. adverse side effects of locally available pills, current bunk batches etc.) helps to
a. maintain the current climate of negative attitudes towards something that has added a significant positive element to many peoples lives, and
b. let dodgy dd's continue to offload crappy substandard or dangerous pills, and prey on unsuspecting customers.
Bluelight serves as an example to people who are 'in' the scene, encouraging them to know more about the substances they use and to disseminate truthful information to others. It also helps people who are curious to understand that this scene has a huge element of mature support. The constant empathy and sympathy shared on these pages (embodied by Peace Love Unity and Respect) indicates a good sense of community.
Bluelight is a fabulous resource for information, which should be available to everyone, however a mature attitude is required, by all posters to check the background of their topic prior to posting. Chances are that any subject you may consider bringing up has been discussed previously and a quick search will often find the answers to the initial question, and countless followup questions along the same line. Hopefully if everyone reads, searches and posts maturely then everyone will be happy - that way more people will be able to access good information, more efficiently.
smile.gif

Cheers,
BigTrancer.

Yeh, but rember EVERYONE, even the hardest piller was once new, pilling/raving/clubbing ect. will NEVER become commercial, there is such a small part of the population do it.

i am the one being talked about here and your concerns about server use are quite valid, however the whole point of bluelight was is to share information regarding our interests (pills).
I know your up here in Brisbane where i am and we out of everyone here need more people who are informed then anyone else because to many people in brisbane don't know what they are dealing with or how to deal with it responsibly.
All i have to say is i don't hold any grudge for your post and i really hope in your efforts to remain underground that if something turns into a horror drug experience for you that you have someone to turn to for help or advise.
I'd like to see more brisbane people here cause i've been around too long and see too many people fuck up on bad shit.Now if there is bad drugs around i wanna know about so the people i love and care about and me don't swallow them.
Get the point!!!

ok i just wanted everyone elses input on this before i said anything...
um it was me who suggested that cruise_e should use street mags as a way of getting more brisbanites onto the board. we had an email conversation about the need to raise the profile of bluelight in brisbane, which has a large drug scene but suprisingly few bluelighters.
for me bluelight has always been about education and the sharing of knowledge. this can never happen with an elitist and insular board. my concerns about the burdens placed on this board have nothing to do with the amount of people using it, only the quality of the information passed between them.
i wouln't care if a thousand new oz bluelighters turned up, from all walks of life, because i feel that our forum has such a good culture of no bullshit and sharing of info that it could take anything thrown at it.
but its up to all of us to keep it that way. and i mean all of us. behaviour such as open dealing and disrespect for other bluelighters is not acceptable here and i wouldnt want anyone new to the board to think it was, even for a second.
this thread has really cheered me up tho, i'm very glad to see such depth of thought and passion about this place we call home and once again reminds me that no matter hwo bad it gets in here we are never going to end up like the main board
wink.gif
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Cruise, I am afraid you may have taken my words too harshly.
Yeah, no offence meant, I just thought the whole thing might have to be shut down, overload etc., because all these cool kids who picked up a Scene mag in Dotti had decided to bombard the site. [Worst case scenario.]
Furthermore, I suppose I pictured you as a 17 year old fronting up to Scene magazine informing them that "There's this mad site dude, you should check it out and give it a plug!" Yeah, yeah, sorry for insulting your intelligence.
Re the future horror drug experience: believe me, been there done that years ago. That is why it kind of pisses me off when you get all these people who have being using drugs for about 3 months who just want to see how many substances and what size quantities they can do all at once. However, yes, I suppose this is where Bluelight can teach them of the nasties (personally, though, I think experience is the only way people ever learn.)

i'd just like to show my appreciation of johnboy. EVERYTHING he says makes the most sense, all the time.
most of us dont know what we're trying to say, let alone how to say it best !!!
jb = CHAMPION.
------------------
"just pass the vibes on, and take it easy....

Don't just preach PLUR...Practice it!!! Info that newbies get on BL can save their lives...no matter how much bullshit we have to put up with from some people it is worth it if it helps one person only...don't you agree...so share the goodness of BL...don't be selfish...how would you feel if old BL had the "we don't want newbies" attitude when you came???
smile.gif
P L U R
smile.gif

princehamlet

Lulu said: "Re the future horror drug experience: believe me, been there done that years ago. That is why it kind of pisses me off when you get all these people who have being using drugs for about 3 months who just want to see how many substances and what size quantities they can do all at once. "
Lulu, I don't quite follow. You've had the "horror drug experience", but you don't want people to come here because with all this extra info they might push themselves too far as well? The reason they need all this info is because chances are, they'll do it anyway! If they can get the harm reduction information available here they'll be a lot better off for it.
I popped up on this site about 7 months ago _preparing_ to go on what turned into a 3 month drug binge (well, that sounds a bit silly - rather I wanted to get into my clubbing & pilling more, so wanted to have as much knowledge on e as possible). I wasn't a "drug newbie", but my amphetamine use up until then was only once every couple of months or so. I was quite responsible at first ("why would you ever want to have more than one pill in a night?" haha), but as I got into the swing of things, I got carried away by the fun of it all & exceeded my limit, & am now more wiser for it. I don't regret it one bit, though I consider myself lucky that I woke up when I did. If I didn't have the knowledge I gained from my fellow bluelighters (thanks guys
smile.gif
) who knows what I would have ended up doing?
If this place is over-run with people seeking knowledge on ecstasy, then good. That's what it is here for. The more people who have knowledge on what is good & what is shit, the more people who won't tolerate shit pills, meaning (hopefully) the quality of available pills should go up. The more people who have knowledge on responsible drug use, & put that knowledge into practice, the more chance recreational drug use has of becoming acceptable in our communities. In the end isn't that what we're all aiming for?
Remember, most people get carried away at the start. It's like turning 18 & being legally allowed into pubs.
Cheers,
Ben.
[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 05 April 2000).]