• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who is your favourite Syd DJ!!!!

My fav DJ in sydney atm would have to be Ajax, i love his hard crunchy breaks....and is mixing is phenomenal.
highly recommended
smile.gif

Yeah, and we also have FINE weather too! There's nothing wrong with the quality of Sydney dj's, its the crowds that are fucked!
My top ten
PeeWee - still the best for tricks etc
Nik Fish - the trancemaster
Jumpin Jack - best crossover dj (rave & club)
Ming - maddest music!
Abel - can play to ANY crowd & get them moving
Marco - best new rave dj
Synasthesia - Best new psy trance dj
Cubensis - the next Ming (in his own right)
Jamin - excellent psy-trance at Cyberotica Teknotica
Bexta - new to Syd, but gets the crowds moving to her funky sound
Timbo
Fill whats empty, empty whats full, and if its itchy - scratch it!

weather? lmao ... you do realise that for some freaky reason melbourne had a better summer than sydney this year? seriously,, about twice as many sunny days as you guys had... i blame the ozone layer...
oh shit i'm off topic... umm umm ahh i dig who ever the crazy latin chick was who played the samba party i ended up at in january... somewhere down by the harbour hmmmmm i dont really know, just got led there by mr calvin klein
smile.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

To Johnboy WHAT the fuck. Have you heard the Sudney DJ's they fuckin rip.an to djxlr8 i fined that the sydney crowd is fuckin excellent espicially at the raves.
My top 10
1.Nik fish
2.Nervous
3.BeXta
4.John Ferris
5.Jumping Jack
6.Spellbound
7.Pee Wee
8.Sugar Ray
9.Abel
10.Mark Dynamix

Went to the Palladium on Friday, gotta say that DJs Kayla and Nervous absolutely went off like a frog in a sock.

In my opinion
Techno:
Biz E
Speaka freaka
Crisis
Booty:
Manson
toecutter
Harder stuff:
da chef
Manson
Miscelaneous:
Abel
Nick tooth
Nik fish
Matt & Kayla
Ajax
there are heaps more but thats just a few of my favs

ok , it's kinda bad to say that any one dj is the best , seeing as everyone has different tastes etc , but to continue on this thread:
*Phil Smart & Sugar Ray *
If you've heard these guys play back to back you'll know what i'm talking about.

i'ts got to be said, but sydney's raves are full of kids. jumpingjack/nickfish/peewee play 150+bpm banging stuff, but they make the sets boring. dynamix plays a little slower with a bit of the house element and that's what i like.. an actual journey of some sort, rather than just blam blam blam....
the only dj i have seen that actually DANCES in sydney is ken cloud. but the problem with the ken cloud/sugar ray/phil smart crew is that they see themselves as elite, and have the "new music" syndrome because they all work at reachin. all their sets are technically correct but they have so much new music they probably use the nights that they play to actually hear the tracks that they have, they never really program their sets at all..
so conclusion? *i* am the best dj in sydney.

Sweet leaf you are soooo right. Sugar Ray and Phil Smart are the kings. Closely followed by Ken Cloud and Ajax.

Ianhard, to clarify what I meant by Sydney crowds are fucked.
Most ravers only go to raves
Most clubbers only go to clubs
Most doofers only go to doofs
Most jungalist only go to jungle/dnb parties
Most people into hardcore hate house
Most people into house hate doof music
Most people into doof music hate jungle
90% of people who go to any of these events have absolutely no idea about what good music & mixing are. Its simply because that they are so dialled off the heads that they get into it. I will say though that the quality of dj's these days is better than 4+ years ago (with the exception of those mentioned above), anyone can learn to beat mix, but it takes talent to learn to read the crowd and choose not only good tracks, but those that mix seamlessly together. So to prove my point, why do we not have an event like Two Tribes in Syd, or why can we not lure most international acts here. Simply because it is too much of a risk for promoters to lose the amount of money required to bring them here. Example, a couple of years back, Marmiom came to Sydney and were meant to play at Skygardens (top class venue), however the promoter had to pull the plug at 4pm Sat afternoon because only 150 tickets had been presold! When Paul Van Dyk came out in 1997, only 100 people showed up. I'm not having a go at you, but trying to emphasise (to everyone who reads this) that unlesss you go and support most international acts/dj's we will never see the best ones. You never know, you might even find you'll end up enjoying someones music you've never heard before!
Get out there!
Timbo
Fill whats empty, empty whats full, and if its itchy - scratch it!

djxlr8 - I see your point with the crowds and shit but i go to raves and i also got to clubs - I love hard house and i love funky house and an assortment of other styles.I myself get behind the decks and i know that most of the Syd DJ's only beatmix but i won't put them down as a mojority of DJ's can read the crowd. Yes there are DJ's where is say that track does not go with that 1 but some DJ's can make me think that but still turn it into a good mix.I think with the big internationals is that Sydney people are more interested in being "Scenies" than loving the music or to put it another way people are drug lovers rather than music lovers like me. People don't really care who the DJ is as long as they hear a beat whilst off there heads as they probably wouldn't remeber a track let alone a mix that a DJ done the night before. And to dangermouse i jave seen heaps of DJ's dance to name one Nervous he might not be going as hard as the crowd vut he is moving but still all though even though i hate it when the Dj's don't dance it means they are busy making that perfect mix or thinking of what to play. Anywayz that is my opinion well opions.
Once you pop you can't stop

Well I'd have to say my faves would include:
Ken Cloud
Sugar Ray
Phil Smart
Simon Caldwell
Bexta
DM i think you focus too much on the wrong things, I honestly couldn't care less how a dj sees himself etc ....just as long as that dj is playin the stuff I enjoy hearin they can wear a pink tutu and call themselves the wicked witch of the west for all i care

I'm into house. My idea of a good house dj is one who can gauge the mood of a room and take the people on an amazing sonic journey and have a good time too. I'm so not into the type of elitist-I-only play-this-weeks-imports attitude that many Sydney Dj's possess.How can you create a musical soundtrack for dancing if you don't know the tracks?
My favourite sydney Dj is Declan. He knows his music back to front, is professional (he's never got a hair out of place), and he dances.
Most importantly, if you've indulged, he know EXACTLY how to mess with your head.

mark dynamix gets a huge thumbs up.
and ianhard - chill out man, ppl just have different tastes. u can never get everyone to agree.
------------------
"just pass the vibes on, and take it easy....

Dangermouse don't believe the hype on Sugar Ray, Phil Smart and Ken Cloud. There NOT elitist. They do have and play alot of new music but that's not a bad thing. Instead of going on what someone else says, Go and talk to these guys like i did, and i think you'll find their very approachable and very into the music which is the most important thing.
There pushing our scene forward with the music they play and the events they organise, i.e Sabotage, Love.... I think they deserve far more credit than they receive.......