Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E f@*ked up my friend

Macca

Bluelighter
Or maybe i should say my friend f@*ked up E. Basically this is another tale of pilling in moderation...
Ok, so we dropped a few months ago for the first time, and had an unbelievable night. Since then Ive been rolling about once a month, whereas he is every weekend - and often double and triple dropping (im sure some of you are going "yeah... so?", but its alot for us).
Anyway, since he discovered E he's lost heaps of motivation for anything but clubbing. He dropped out of uni, rarely comes out surfing or to the gym, and now has a full-time job as a friggen furniture removalist to pay off his debts (from clubbing).
Im not sure if I should just let him do his thing, or discourage it coz i can see where he's headed...

Man..I let E fuck me up (or I fucked up on it).. I left uni so I could go out and party every single week. at first I went way overboard and di a bit of damage..but then something clicked, about 6 months into the ordeal I just went 'No way..I have to change'. I did.
I got a job, I worked for almost a year (i started the job as soon as I left uni), earnt money, bought my beautiful computer, saved some cash, and got some motivation to go back to uni.
Now, I'm back at uni, I'm loving living by myself, I have savings to live off so I dont need a full time job and I'm coping really well, but I still pretty much go out every week. Not just in Sydney but here (in Bathurst) as well. I have some sort of chemical substance at least once a week, but I handle it so much more responsibly.
So I guess I'm trying to say, let him have his fun, he'll get out of it. If you think he wont get out of it, then take him aside and talk to him.
Ultimately, he's probably thinking 'this is MY time I want to have fun for now" and as soon as he realies what he wants to do next, he'll do it
smile.gif

mona.
[This message has been edited by mona (edited 01 April 2000).]

Geez.....
l feel so much more relieved to know that l'm not the only one that's been caught up in all this shit. Well.... it's not shit... but you know what l mean. I got into the scene nearly 7 months ago now. Started going out... maybe every three weeks.... and l luved it. But lately.... it's been pretty much every week. And it's just been over the last week where it's kinda been..... aaahhh... what the fuck am l doing??? Don't get me wrong.... l absolutely luv going out... but lately that's all my life has become. I've just got myself in so much debt it't not funny. But..... l'm staying home tonight... in an attempt to fell 'sane' once again and to get my 'life' back together. God... it's not as bad as l'm making out but l tell ya.... l was sure heading in that direction. Anyway... thanks Mona for your 'words of wisdom'!!! and Macca.... maybe let him go.... he'll soon see where he's heading just as l did.

You said it all Mona. That is exactly what I have done. Last september I dropped out of uni (wish I didn't), and just wanted to go hard all the time. All of a sudden I got fucked up from either a bad egg or just to much@1time. I forgot who I was and what I wanted for myself (I'm not quite sure if I knew in the first place though).
I got a full time job, which I'm still at, but its casual. Boy was I a mess at work. I would need to be told things 3 or 4 times!!!
Ive taken it easy for the last 3 months, and am really starting to feel naturally good agian. Last roll was two weeks ago, and I don't even think it worked (and it was apparently a good pill).
I'm back at uni, only part time, mainly because Im not sure on what I want for a career (IT, or management?? decisions). But I am indeed
loving living
. I go out almost every weekend. This weekend is a break, for a big month coming!
Anyhow, it is just so great to see someone who has gone exactly thru what I have.
Cheers Mona, and all others!
------------------
Go Hard Bluelighters! :)

Thanks for the replies guys.
My mates actually out at GO right now and i wish i could be there too. Ahh well, next weekend.
I guess he will eventually have a look at himself and realise that he has to get focussed again.

I think the "intense" faze happens to most people. Its around the 6 months part that most people say to themselves, OK maybe Im over doing it a bit here. I have a mate Ive known for the last 16 years whos had to sit and watch me go from completely normal and conservative, get divorced, go to England for a holiday, and return a completely different person who takes drugs. Obviously he was concerned and tells me so from time to time. And I never thought badly of him. Quite the contrary. I respect him even more for looking out for me.
Consequently I've calmed down heaps from 4 or 6 pills a night to any between 1/2 to 1 1/2. Some nights I just go out on the piss to have a break. Once you've been in the scene, its real easy to re-create the vibe, even on alcohol, its just that the feet dont work as well and you have to leave by 3am.
Everyone screams moderation, however some people need to reach there limits before they can understand that moto.
If it was me, I would tell a friend if I thought they were out of control. They may tell you off at the time, but he will take it away and think about it. Who knows they will probably come back and thank you.
If he's a friend for life, he'll appreciate it
smile.gif

The stories sound all to familiar. But it's so hard not to go overboard with something so damn good. But like everything in life, Moderation is the key...... Easy to say, but often hard to do.