• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question for the Moderators (or anyone with browser knowledge)

djxlr8

Bluelighter
Why is it when I post a reply to a message, after you submit & it automatically takes you back that my message does not appear?
You're going to say - refresh right - o.k. so I refresh - still no message appears, so then I go back to Oz/Asian/NZ forum link to take me back then refresh again, then select the message that I posted to - still doesn't appear even refresh AGAIN still doesn't appear.
HOWEVER If I go to TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS and select DELETE FILES and also DELETE HISTORY, next time I go and check the message that I posted to, it WILL then appear.
Is there a setting I need to change in my browser (MS I.E. 5.00)? I have my browser set to check for new versions of pages EVERY time. So whats going on, is it me, should I give my PC a pill or should I go and take one myself?????
Thanks in advance
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

this is one of the many things i dont understand about MS IE. it seems to have either a completely different interpretation of the word "refresh/reload" or its just pig headed and lazy...
this is not a problem with your pooter. it is what microsoft would call a "known issue" or "undocumented feature" in other words a bug...
fuck IE get netscape.. but the problem is that when netscape is good its very very good but when it is bad it really pisses you off... like now... my netscape is sick (i blame icq personally) and it just locks up my pooter, so guess what? im posting this from fucking IE!!! arrgghh...
if ever you are in doubt about wether a posts has truly appeared my only real advice is look at it with another browser... get opera or one of the other small browser apps, they take up hardly anyspace but are greta for just checking hopw a site really looks and you dont have to worry about a single browsers cache...

O.k., I have decided that what I'll do to stop any repetitve posts is to delete all my temporary pages and history. At least that way I'll be sure that I'm seeing the latest version.
Or maybe we should all just dump our PC's at the tip & buy Macs? What do you reckon? BTW did you see the Simpsons last nite? Here in Syd we are currently getting the new episodes and they had a line hassling out Bill Gates about Microsoft's world domination. Actually that reminds me of a meeting I had with a Microsoft rep a couple of years ago. He told us that the "unofficial" company motto is WELCOME, EMBRACE, CRUSH! Ya gotta luv that attitude.
Thanks
Timbo

I would say there is a fault in your browser...I have IE5 and it works fine when I hit refresh? Other than that could be your ISP. I would suggest download any patches updates of IE5 from Microsoft or TUCOWS etc....then if that doesn't work ask your ISP in case they are up to something.
later

Thanks for the reply Auswaverider. Its really weird coz its only in the last couple of days that this problem seems to be occurring i.e. I have posted before and as long as I refresh - its alright. F**King Windows 98 - where's bill gates BANG! (south park!)
Timbo

Holding down shift and then pressing refresh should force the browser to get a new copy from the server everytime.

yeah and win98 was sposed to be y2k compliant but it wasnt... shift is supposed to force it but it doesnt always werk... this IE5 with heaps of patches im using now seems ok, but IE4 is definitly a dog and just wont behave... its kinda scarey exactly how many security patches for IE5 there are, you could spend days just patching it