Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Apeal to All Aussies to Aid in Proper Pill Testing

mona

Bluelight Crew
Would anyone be interested in chipping in to send a few of our favourite pills to the people at Dancesafe for proper testing?
If they get there they get there, if they don't oh well, it was worth a try. I'm sure there are enough of us here so that if we each chip in a few measly dollars (which I KNOW we can all afford), we could finally find out EXACTLY what's inside our beloved cK's or Rolexes or CU's.
They'll post the information on their site and in turn we'll be helping out a whole HEAP of people not only from Oz but from Amsterdam (where these babies come from) and East Coast America (who seem to get similar pills as us).
I hear you all say "but what if we get busted?" HOW??? We send the pills in an unmarked envelope/package (of course we'd send one at a time)to the Dancesafe Lab (surely an authorised organisation) and bingo! Pills get tested. No-one gets in trouble, and lost of people get new info on pills.
how 'bout it?
I'll be away for a couple of days, but when I get back, I expect to see a long list of volunteers. We'll work out a payment system and away we go.
Cheers,
mona.

WHERE IS MY EDIT BUTTON???????
that subject line is supposed to say "appeal"

Hey mona how about when we get the bluelight.ru t-shirt thing sorted we sell them over the web at a small profit which all goes to getting pills tested, which in turn helps our little community ?
Just an idea
PLUR
Coneman

ahhh at the moment i'm working on a way to get pills properly tested locally, its a bit of a legal nightmare but it might work out.
i have certain reservations about sending our pills to the u.s. for testing... a local arrangement would be best for everyone involved...
also had a talk to legal people about getting the police to release their lab results... you know the ones they base all their "heroin in ecstacy" press releases on?
problem is that FOI will only let you get these released if you have a direct interest in the case ie it was your pills that got confiscated, you cant just get it out of general interest...
anyone got any contacts in Melbourne or Sydney Uni Law School? the reason i ask is that the legal questions i have been askng lately are very "cutting edge" as my lawyer put it... there is very little in australian legislation that relates to our needs and its going to take real resources to even clarfiy these issues ...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Good point Johnboy i would realy like to see every lab test the federal police have done and get quantitve results of every thing in a pill.
well we can only hope.

I have an Idea.
All we need to do is sacrifice someone with a large varitey (not quantity) of pills and when they go to court we can get the results, simple!!!
d.
------------------
Attitude is something boring people made up!!!!

Mona, you've got a damn good idea. I'd be happy to send in some money. A local solution would definetely be the *best* method but in the mean time we should be using the international resources till we can use the local.
Even if we don't do it legally and someoen just gets the info on how to test for MDXX percentage and posts the info for educational purposes,,,,If we can find people who make Speed in a bathtub we can find at least one person who can test a couple out for us.
------------------
Some minds deserve to be expanded
Others belong to the ignorant

hahahah dente!!! Funny shit mate, ya make me laugh.
But, no, really, i think all ideas here are good (as usual) Johnboy, i'm no one in the law world so I can't help you there, but I really appreciate the effort.
Mona. I'd be interested in helping.
would love to help do my share.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!
[This message has been edited by CrazyAustralian (edited 24 March 2000).]

That sounds like a really good idea Mona. But on there page it said they cannot accept pills from foreign countries.
So you have to send the pills to someone in the US then have them send the pills to Dancesafe

if u knew anyone who was perhaps honours or post-grad level in chemistry they would easily be able to use a gas chromatography machine (what dancesafe uses etc) at their uni to analyse the pills, very quick and easy.
just need private access and allowed to use it urself.
quantitative analysis would be so amazing, like the day i found a dutch site which did this, and not only could u say u have a pure MDMA pill but u have one with 156mg of it in there, omg imagine that! (white snoopy it was)

I know someone who's doing his pHd in chemistry, but I would never want to put him in that position. The whole thing about my original idea was that it would be impossible for anyone to get busted.

biscuit - do you have an url for that dutch site?
there are two ways to go with this. the first one is to do it covertly, with all the associated risks, and this means everyone involved has to aware of what they are in for.
the second way is to try and lobby the government to condone it. this is a hell of a lot of work and it also means a bit of risk. the legal advice i got on this was the in the current climate of battles for heroin injecting rooms etc, it wouldn't be smart to stick your head above the water about a new drug decriminalisation issue.
but thats a lawyer talking...
if we could get even one state health department to condone pill testing it would be a major coup. the way it works in the american dancesafe.org community is that local and state health departments supply support and resources to local dancesafe groups...
thoughts peoples?
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

no probs: http://www.eve-rave.ch/er-main.htm
Now the prob is its in either german or dutch language but it doesn't matter.
there is a link down the bottom: TESTS, click that.
then scroll down get choice of 1999 or 2000.
it really is the ultimate site wrt testing, pills have close up image, exact dimensions and all the chemicals contained in it with the mg of each drug found. u can't read a word but it says under Wirkstoff (chemical, drug ??)the constituents: MDMA, methamphetamine etc plus the amounts, thats really all u need. one thing i noticed is there seems to be a greater number of fakes this yr than last.
only prob it hasn't been updated since jan this year, so either they have stopped or just slow to update.
mona: i understand about putting people at risk, u don't want that but doing chem myself i know it wouldn't be that hard, i can run tests etc myself, and i'm just 3rd year. u would have to know how to read the results wrt to the drugs found and stuff, i understand gas-chromatography but don't know exactly how they use it to test for these things.

biscuit: yeah thanks, already new about eve... i was hoping it was a different site.
yeah i've been thnking about trying to find a german technical dictionary online so i can read it
smile.gif
seriously tho, i really would like to no just a few of the words, like "kein MDMA" is that a little MDMA or none?
as for gas spectro testing, your point about needing hard data for comparison is very true, everyone i have approached has said the same thing, that once you get the basic setup details as well as knowing what you are looking for its fairly easy to set up. its just the initial hard data we need...
i've been writing to dancesafe to try and get some details but i doubt they would really know, and their lab is a DEA approved place that i doubt would give stuff like that out...
hmmmmm
------------------

"kein mdma" means no mdma... if you want to know any other expressions post them here, my german is pretty good :)

One tool I use a fair bit with small literal translation is called Babelfish (of HGTTG fame
smile.gif
).
http://babelfish.altavista.com
It contains a few useful language pairs and can literally translate a phrase or website word for word. Sometimes the results are odd, but you can get a general gist of the subject from the translation usually.
"Ich liebe sehr große MDMA-Pillen."
biggrin.gif

I am sooooo interested in this.... was thinking about setting up a chromatogrophy lab in my basement.... i am studying Biotech at the moment and live in Goldcoast... probably one of the worst places for shit house unsafe pills.
I was wondering what the legal implications of this is.... as in can I contact a lab about it, or the police? Donn't largh... Goldcoast is awash with bunk pills and something has to be done.. If we're not carefull people will keep wigging out and possibly worse.
Why are the police already not doing this? I know there must plenty of you lurking.. why is this not a standard service.. I guess you'd see at least 90% of the pills on the market.... People will allways use some kind of drug, so letts move with the times.
Anyone with any info please conntact me by Email, and donn't call me a fool, just something need s to be done.....
Peaking possibly unsafely duck

hopefully TLC plates. will give us a better idea of the makeup of our pills. i will shortly be getting some and doing some testing in melbourne.
donations of pills, dodgy or otherwise, are needed. and yes i am serious. i'm not sure yet but i think we need slightly more than a scraping to do an accurate test.