Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixed CD's

djxlr8

Bluelighter
If anybody is interested, I have just installed a nice 6X burner and can now offer mixed CD's for sale. I have various styles, from commercial house through to trance techno, hard trance, acid, NuNRG with more soon to come - old skool, happy hard etc. Cost will be $10 each (plus postage for those otside of Syd) and will be on Kodak discs. Email me for more info like songs, artists, labels etc.
[email protected]
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

sorry to say this man
kodaks arn't very good for music - you want something with a blue recording surface - this will sound good - you want "white mitsubishi's" for music - plain white cd on top and blue recording surface (no brand name shit on em). - kodaks are desighned for data and not all car cd players like them - blue ones are much better choice.

Hi Cruise_e and Dj_XLR8. I have just recorded a mixed CD for myself from a bunch of MP3s that I had, onto a Sony CD-R that I bought for about $3.95. This CD is clear/silver on top, and has a blue recording surface. The reproduction is perfect, but for some reason it skips really easily in my car, kind of like my CD player has a hard time 'reading ahead'. However, I've tried it in other car CD decks and they've had no trouble. Maybe there's a bit of variation in the read capabilities between brands of CD head unit (mine is a three year old Kenwood). Maybe also it's because the CD was recorded at 2x speed (instead of 4x - I figured this way I'd be going 'downwards compatible' but I don't know too much about CD-R use).
Oh well - I just play the CD in my PC or home unit, and groove away to Binary Finary, Oudja, Fragma and all my other favourites I put on there.
smile.gif

DJXLR8 watch out for the legals on copying CDs for sale too.
PS Just on your name - does it relate to the song Accelerator by Quest? I heard it featured on the Vaporize compilation, and think it's fantastic!

Yeh...
It is true that Kodaks are intended for Data, but Music can still be burnt on Kodaks without any problem.
As for your blanks not working in your car stereo, I've had the same problem, no matter what blanks are used. For example, my Panasonic cd player reads all cds perfectly, however my handheld Kenwood Cd Walkman won't accept blanks, and the sound will continually skip. So it really does boil down to whether you have a good quality cd player or not.
Fly.

hi y'all,
in terms of whether your cd is jumping or not primarily comes down to the cd player.
Most recent cd players can read them no worries, but some can't.
Usually comes down to the amount of oversampling the cd player has (this is the number of times the unit will read the cd before sending it through to the speakers.)
Most decks now are 8x but some, such as the panasonics are 32x.
I think its a bit late to be selling copying services for cd's, every second person has a burner now, but happy hunting anyway djxlr8
smile.gif

.. I think Kodak CD's are ok in stackers and stuff. Also Ricoh, TDK and Imation. They all seemed to work fine for me.. However, I burnt them at the slowest speed possible. I think this plays a big factor. Tried a Kodak at 4x and it was screwed. .. But then again the TDK's don't seem to want to read on this brand spanking new Compaq presario at work...
Jon.

Hi All, Thanks for replying - I've done a bit of testing. What I have done so far is record MASTERS of my sets onto Kodak GOLD CDR's at 2X. These play fine in my Pioneer CDJ-500 MK2's as well as normal stereo CD players. I have made copies for my friends at 4X and no one has had problems with them. I have yet to test in a car CD player, but will do this tommorow and let you all know the outcome. Now I have Kodak SILVER CDR's which I have copied from my MASTERS at 6X and have tested on my Pioneer decks & home CD player all o.k. I think that the reason car CD playes have problems reading CDR's is because the lasers in them are only just strong enough - also lasers DO wear out after approx 2 years, not to mention the lumps and bumps in the road. Another thing I just thought of is that the burners I have used are SCSI based which are proven to be better suited to recording music in general (why do you think MACS use SCSI?) All my CD's that I have made are "Demonstration Only" but are mixed well (IMHO) and have had good reviews from a well known DJ as well as other friends who can mix etc. I got my name from the bodyboarding legend Mike Stewart - he used to have a board called Turbo XLR8. Anyway if you are interested, email me - I have plenty of time on my hands at the momemnt (unemployed - DOH!) BTW Orion, are you DJ Orion?
Timbo

i agree on havin blue bottoms for audio cds. but,what i was wundering if anybody knows is what and how is the best way to burn playstation games? if anybody knows please fill me in on details,i've been trying for the longest time. thanx for all info i get back .

bonkers21: if you get an email or some info, could ya post it or drop me an email please
smile.gif

Mr.Klownz.

if bonkers and klownz email me to remind me, i'll send you some great FAQs i got on PSX burning...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

O.k. have done some testing and have come to the following conclusion.
Kodak CDR's both in SILVER & GOLD do work in car CD players. I have just come back from a "test drive" in a Falcon tradesman panelvan with new Kenwood CD deck installed. Driving at maniac speeds around the back streets of Belrose/Davidson we listened to 8 CD's and played around (FF&RW). Not one CD skipped in approx 30 mins of reckless driving.
So I can come to the following conclusions regarding different type/colour of CD's - THERE IS NONE!
What *may* cause CD's to skip can be attributed to the following
1> IDE based burners
2> cheap decks / burners
3> No name disks i.e. you pay for crap you get crap
4> Weak lasers in your decks/burners
5> Amount of oversampling your deck is capable of
6> Dirty/dusty/scratched CD's/CDR's
7> Dirty/dusty lasers in your deck/CDR
If anybody wishes to prove me wrong, please come over & show me cause as far as I'm concerned Kodaks are GOOD for audio - as they say data safe, sound secure!
Timbo

Johnboy (or anyone else for that matter), Friends have started asking me about making "backup" copies of their playstation games. Do you have any info as I have not yet explored this area.
Thanks in advance
Timbo

I have a couple of friends who have burnt heaps of playstation games, i'll ask about the formats and get back to you on that one.
As for the cd issue, i asked a couple of people about it and basically, the difference between good and crap quality cd's is the reflective film in the cd that allows the laser to read the information.
The more expensive, the better the reflection off the film and there is less scattering of the light.
Because the light can be scattered so much by bad quality cd's the cd player has to constantly adjust its focus for the laser. Sometimes its so bad that the laser cant determine the start of tracks and hence cant read the cd but once it picks up the track it will stay on line.
Most cd players now have better quality lasers in them with better focal lengths, so they can read most cds now, even the Crap ones!
smile.gif

Reply to Djxlr8: No i'm not DJ Orion (sorry for the confusion) I just like the name
smile.gif
, i was going to call myself something else but somebody is already using it. Doh!!
smile.gif