Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

INFO ON IBIZA THE ISLAND NOT THE PILL

thomasthetank

Bluelighter
Could anyone provide any feedback on the island IBIZA l am planning a trip there and would like info on the clubs, accomodation, general pricing info. I would prefer first hand info as l have heard enough second hand opinions. So if you have been and rocked the place pleaseeeee tell me what l need to know before leaving.........TTT

Thanks,
I have been visiting most of the sites online and have heaps of info but it is mostly commercial stuff, What l am after is advice from people who have been recently and can comment on what the go is ??

Ebeeeeeeeeeeeeeza
Got to love this place. Took my first roll there. Heaps to do besides just clubbin, meet the locals, find some sexy little beaches off the main track, just get into the whole spanish way of life.
As for beans, buy from pre-club bars such as cafe mambo, savanah, bar M, kiwi bar. Basically any cool bar playing phat music will hook you up. We got ours from an english guy for 2000 psta (8 pounds). Could have got some cheaper but we didnt need that many
As for clubs there is something HUGE on everynight. You just have to walk down the strip where the fountains and cafes are in San Antonio to be harrassed by people handing out flyers.
Some special nights to look into include
*Paul Oakenfold has accepted a season long residency @ Pacha for 2000 (MOS)
*Home has Jason Bye (Aussie) @ Space each Sunday
*Gatecrasher will be at Priviledge with DJ's Scott Bond and John 'OO' Fleming
*Gods Kitchen @ Amnesia Tuesdays (look for PVD and Tall Pall)
Other regular stuff includes
*Cream @ Amnesia Thursdays
*Clockwork Orange @ EsParadis Wedensdays
*Manusmision @ Privildge (Mondays)
*Trade @ Space Tuesdays (usually an after party from Manumissions)
My 2 not to be missed would be space and cream
Gods Kitchen will be on the party Island from 22/6/00 to 12/9/00. Most other clubs will have similar timetables.
As for accomodation I decided I wanted to go and booked, and was there 2 weeks later. That was July, so you can get good deals. Choose the Accomodation carefully coz there are so many really shitty places. Pay that little bit extra. Especially if it means getting a pool, bar and a decent "days" sleep
I did 2 weeks. Any more is suicide. Any less is just not enough.
Have fun and be careful. The spanish militia are not out to get you. It is a very liberal place. But dont go waving bags of beans around either.
We did 10 days straight, got one hell of a comedown, then spent 3 days in a spanish hospital. Try not to let that happen to you.

Gooooo Smurfffffff - Sounds like you rocked the place !!!
Good to get a first hand account of events..
Anyway l am looking at accomodation options any suggestions ?? I don't mind paying xtra for the quality.. I am also looking at travelling their alone, kind of like a pilgrimage it has to be done, l feel drawn to Ibiza people say l am nuts but fuck it, it has to be done.. What do you think ?
Why the hospital if you don't mind sharing the details ????

Also forgot to add ;
Did you fly in on a package from the UK or from Aust -> Spain - > Ibiza ??

Ibiza, heaven on Earth...
I was there August last year, accomodation was fucking impossible to find I must have rung up 30 places and all were full including 5 star hotels... Ended paying A$150 a night for an apartment with a/c and kitchen. You have to book ahead or else take a package deal. San Antonio is full of cheap package deal hotels and the associated lager lout crowds. Ibiza town is more posh and more expensive.
You can get return flights from London Stansted to the island with GO airlines www-go-fly.com for 120 quid. Only problem is you get there at 1.00am in the morning (depending how you look at it perfect time to start clubbing!)
You can get your beans after dark from dealers lining the footpath in front of Cafe del Mar and Mambo, it's dark and hard to see what you're getting...
I got my supply from one of the bar touts in Ibiza town, he gave me advice on what was good and bad around the island at the moment. Got some of the best/cleanest pills from him and in good quantity/price. Pill cost max A$20, less in larger quantities. Some English guys I met brought in their own pills because it was cheaper. (And we're paying 50 bucks here, aaargh)
I also got my tickets to the clubs from him, entry to the clubs are A$40-50! Getting a ticket before hand saves A$10-15 (enough to buy 1 bottle of water). It's not recommended to drink the tap water...
Best club nights: Cream @ Amnesia, MOS @ Pacha
P.S. I went by myself too, had to do the pilgrimage thing... Don't worry you'll meet a lots of cool people...

TTT - we booked and paid from the UK, it was like 370 quid each for 2 for 2 weeks.
Air cond is a highly recomended feature - we just didnt sleep well at all.
Also the hospital was due to doing 28 pills in 10 days (my first ever drop mind you), then did the bungee ball thingy, got the start of the comedown straight after that and was fucked for a month after-wards.
Nowadays we only do once every couple of weeks. Live and Learn I say
smile.gif

Smurf....bungee ball thing ???I am not sure what you mean by that one. ..anyway is it safe to go alone ??

TTT - bungey ball, is opposite to bunjee jump. You are placed in a cage, (round ball). It is on ropes and gets catapaulted high into the air. Then bounces around alot - very seedy indeed.
Alone - are you could do it - do you go clubbing much on your own now???
I did whilst in UK heaps, even did some net meet-ups with some uk peeps before. They didnt get nearly as messy as the aussies did
smile.gif

What you could do is put a notice on BL to see if anyone else is going at the same time. Even if you have your own room and just meet up each night. Or try a post on www.cream.co.uk Similar minded people who often go to ibiza. Or there is a chatline (just back on the air). www.dmcworld.com It has chatters from cream and gatecrasher on there. I know there is a possible dmc meet-up going on.
If someone called dazza or snoop are online see when the dmc ibiza 2000 meet-up is on. Tell em smurf sent you. Also if a guy called Jay is online he is an aussie working there and bambi is a kiwi who is a scream. I wanted to go but have no money this year.
If you want more info email me and I can forward your message onto some friends who might be going.

Smurf thxs for the info, l probably spend about 1-2 weeks a month away on work related travel so l am used to travelling alone.
My friends think that l have lost the plot for wanting to go to Ibiza as they think l will OD. So l just told them fuck it and booked my ticket using FF points if they want to join me they are welcome if not well you know how it is BRING IT ON !!! I will check out the sites you mentioned and let you know what the go is. I actually had this trip planned last year with others but 2 weeks before departure l got an internal transfer at work (wank wank transfer) and l ended up cancelling the whole trip so l still have the air ticket hanging in my office at home it's from Iberian Air for travel from Barca to Ibiza l didn't end up boarding the plane or cancelling the ticket and l sometimes wonder if l can still use it ? If not it just sits there as inspiration. Until l do board that plane and land on the holy island of Ibiza !!!!thanks.

Just be sure to have a few drinks on the plane coz Iberian air have the worst landing ever - real shady - shit goes flying everywhere - makes you wonder whether the pilot has started the party without us
wink.gif

Smurf, I'll just probably be coming down off something whilst on the flight so it will just add to the many interesting experience l have had in the air as for shady landings try Dragon Air in China or any Chinese airline, seriously shady especially when flying into Hong Kong. I am now focussed on the preperations for Easter long weekend.
mmm...mmmm...Easter eggs...just got back and weighing up the options but GCrasher looks good..............

Ibiza sounds like a farkin' great time! On your way back home why don't you stop off in Thailand? Koh Samui and the Full Moon parties in Koh Phangan!! Be a great way to "finish" off teh trip and "finish" yourself off as well!!! As long as you hook up with the right ppl.... Which WASN'T a hard thing to do...
Have fun in Espana!!
;-)