Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

No more pills for *chowbaby*

*chowbaby*

Bluelighter
Argghh!
I can't believe that my chowing days have come to an end - well, at least for a year or two anyhow.... the truth is guys, that I've been on anti-depressants for about two weeks now and I've been quizzing others on bluelight about the effects of e.
Apparently - while on this medication, there is no reaction to pills whatsoever!!! When I found out I was so shocked and sad! I realise though, that it's a helluva lot better to be improving myself in the long run. And, hopefully I'm still going to be able to have an awesome time when I party....
Well anyway, this was tested on the weekend when I was totally planning to have a quiet one due to the fact that I had little money and was not looking forward to my non-pilling days. But, my friend rang me up on Saturday and demanded that I go to her 19th that night @ Vibe Republic (Off Broadway Hotel). So @ 12:30am after I finished work I headed on in, not having any idea what to expect of the evening.
We partied till 4:30am, then danced some more in a penthouse till 8am, went on to D-tox till 11am... (take a breath!) then danced our way down George St while the St. Pat's Day parade was on! Went to HMV and grooved while we decided what to do in 3dworld....then headed onto Greenwood until 10pm close. Nik Fish's set had me charging again and realised that we still couldn't go home - so we ended our amazing w/e with a 5am finish @ icebox!!
After which, I came home - took a long shower and headed off to uni for the day!! haha... that was yesterday - now i've just woken up from my first good sleep in a loooong time!
So ppls, it seems as though I'm going to survive without my pills... as much as I don't want to! This was the first time that I have gone purely on goey and it was awesome - not as good as the lovey feeling - but I absolutely loved dancing and was chargy the whole time.
And the come down?! what come down?! I haven't noticed a thing... Those that are experienced with goey, tell me what it's usually like because this just seems so incredibly smooth in comparison to my comedowns on pills. Maybe it's helped by this medication?!
Anyway guys, I don't mean to go on and on, but I just wanted you to know about my first time not pill-partying for a loooong time. Did anyone head to the same spots as me last w/e? I kept looking around thinking that maybe there was a bluelighter in the vicinity! Can't wait to meet you guys!
Happy pilling (have one for me!!)
Hugs,
**chowbaby**

Just remember, you can still party without dropping. Being on a natural high is just as good.
All the best, don't leave bluelight though, pleeaassee!
smile.gif

hi there,
i have a friend on prozac who tried pills and he said he had to have about 4 times the dosage he usually had to get anywhere near a decent roll...
there is just no point of doing it i agree. wait till you're off your anti depresseants and you'll feel good about rolling again and when the time comes bring on that ecstasy love once more! ;-]
speed will always do the trick, you'll be able to dance all weekend but *keep dancing* until you are ready to sleep. if you stop dancing and you're still speeding, you'll either chat your jaw away or lie down not speaking to anyone (because your mouth can't keep up with your mind) and drive yourself insane.
:-]

Good luck *baby*, take care of yourself, we'll gravitate our love towards you when you desperately need that pill, make you feel like you've popped when you've not!!!!
take it easy
don't leave the bluelighters though, we'll always be around
------------------
"If you can't hear the shit going on around you, then the music is just fine!!"

No comedown!!
NO COMEDOWN!!!!!!!
I almost just fell off my chair in hysterics when I read that.
I pity you, I really do.
I know (and were) and have been close to a LOT of people who have been and still are MAJORLY FUCKED UP on speed, and it always starts that way.
"Yeah fun, no comedown. Danced all night, man, and like really chatty, and extra confidence" [says preppy 17year girl in 2 seconds]. 6 months later, they weight 35kilos, can not, and I mean can NOT remember where they parked their fucking car outside the movies, SNAP (and I mean SNAP) with one incorrect word at the 70 year old ticket guy and half way through the movie that everyone else is enjoying have to leave because "this movie is just really irritating me." - Oh, did I forget to mention the irritability... "I said FUCKING WELL MOVE!!!" to the 30-year old with a pram on the escalators.
I don't know if maybe Brisbane shit is way more hard than Sydney (base, and fucking good base, in Brisbane), but no comedown, PLEASE!
Just wait till you haven't slept in about a week, then see how your body, head, BRAIN likes it. Believe me, they don't. My brain is still MAJORLY FUCKED UP and I haven't had any in 2 months.
E's are so clean, so beautiful compared to dirty, DIRTY speed.
Don't take offence to this anyone who is a speed lover, because I know three months ago I would have thought "What a fucking wanker, as if speed isn't the shit. Speed is the shit, speed's my life, etc, etc, etc." - All thought or said in about 3 seconds.
Anyway, I'll stop before this becomes a novel, but let my parting words be
BONGS RULE.

u have my full support !!!
since im off the beans [for uni] till easter break weekend....
wink.gif

just a few questions for u all :
what anti-d are u taking ???
do they have comedowns ???
or side effects ???
do u get the appetite suppressent side of things ???
im curious, as usual...
smile.gif

what kinda comedown do u get from speed ??
im not exactly sure, cause i always have beans with speed, so im not sure what the comedown of just speed alone is....
im thinking of just using speed and maybe reducing the grumpy sad mondays and tuesdays
smile.gif

yea, i'd love to go clubbing and just dance and enjoy the music and not have comedowns the days after.... is there such a method ??
ive gone clubbing with no chems b4, i lasted 4 hrs b4 fatigue took it's toll and i either went home to sleep or took my medicine... ROFL !!!
smile.gif

u know how sometimes, when the music is soooooo good, u dont anything to make u dance like crazy and smile ???
lovemusiclovemusiclovemusic
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

ps: how do u rate red bulls as an alternative [and relatively much lamer] stimulant ???
finding ways to have fun without the side effects of "what goes up must come down."
------------------
p*L*u*R*
KaTz
;)

Wow Lulu,
What a response...I'm sure you didn't mean to seem like you were jumping out & attacking me there - but it did seem a bit harsh.
Like I said - I much prefer my pills... and trust me, if I could still have them - I WOULD!! But, while on this medication there is absolutely no point in popping them as they'll have no effect! Basically, a waste of a good pill and my money!
So, the only way @ this stage to keep me going is goey. It's really the only time I've had just speed and I liked it. But, that doesn't mean that I'm pumped to go out every night and snort a line or two. I was only a casual(once or so a month) pill popper to begin with and it's going to stay that way - only with a different substance this time.
About the no comedown ,like I said it's probably helped by the anti-depressants. I slept beautifully last night and was fine today... apparently it was good quality goey... I'm still learning.
So, now I hope that I've explained myself better... thankyou so much to the other guys for your encouragement. Don't worry though, there's no way that I'm leaving BL! Once you're addicted to this place, there's no way you can stay away (pills or no pills!) hehe...
I noticed also that I've graduated to bluelighter status...ooh yeah!
smile.gif
I know that I'm still getting to know you all, but you're all great from what I can tell! It's awesome to be able to talk to ppl on the same wavelength as yourself. I really hope that we can meet up soon in our bluelighter shirts! YEAH!!
Happy pilling guys,
Hugs,
*chowbaby*
wink.gif

Best anti-d is GHB. Its hard to get in Aus, but if you can get the chems its super easy to make and the best anti d out there.
No side effects. no comedowns. Its like having a few drinks, just by taking a sip of something, but you don't get hung over.
The good thing with this over prozac, is it doesn't take weeks to work. Its Instant, you have a sip, and are feeling great for 3 - 4 hours, then are feeling exactly as you were before, if not better afterwards.
go to alt.drugs.chemistry
GHB is all the rage in the US.
Beware, all the media fucks know it as a 'date rape drug' cause when mixed with alcohol, it'll fuck ya over! most likely kill you, no shit! its not fun to mix with alcohol, but brilliant on its own (or on a comedown!!!).
This is popular among ravers and clubbers in England and USA.
Some people call it liquid X because it is very similiar to a nice E.
I have Masses upon Masses of information on G because I love it so much. MSG me for more, couldn't be bothered typing it now...
With LOTS and i mean LLOOTTSS of reading you can have an incredible ultra safe drug.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

Sorry Chowboy, forgot to address the orig post!
Good luck with your stopping on the Bics. One good thing about stopping any drug is that you really get to find out who your friends are...
one of the reasons I'm trying to quit smoking dope!
you will still be able to enjoy the scene, the music will keep you into it, believe me!
And please keep us posted here on bluelight with your progress. I imagine myself doing a very similar move soon. fuckin y12...
take it easy mate.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

Yeah sorry *chowbaby*, perhaps a slight over-reaction not at all directed at yourself,
HOWEVER
The scene in Bris is a lot more speed oriented, (hence the much harder music), and if you had seen what I'd seen happen to people you would understand. If I had my way, speed would disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow.
I don't know if anyone here can empathise with me, but it is not good.
I could go on and on, but I won't bore you.

Lulu has it right. Speed is bad news. I was a big fan of whiz (cookie could tell you about his magic caps, I'm sure), but went a couple of months (up to tribes) just on rolls. To me now whiz diminishes the night, although a little snifter about 5:30 can be a bonus
wink.gif
But as for no comedown? *Shudders* AAfter 2T, I was munching e just to stave off the speed comedown. It's a horrid harsh harsh thing. Your tongue feels like someone has just finnished rubbing it with coarse grade sandpaper unless it feels like they went straight for the scissors. Your jaw is a ball of clenched agony - provided you're not still trying to chew that piece of gum you threw away 8 hours earlier (I once had phantom gum thru to tuesday at work). The communication that you loved on the high? Forget about it. Ideas and thoughts flash through your head but you can't understand them, let alone express them to anyone else. Then you got side effects like that whole teeth falling out thing - I heard it also decalcifies your system - anyone confirm? Cause that'll be good come osteoperosis day. Add it all up with a mean streak of psychosis and you've got quite a cocktail!
Sorry if this is looking a bit like a rant. I can still remember the feelings and reasons why I liked whiz, but I know I'm at least better off without it. I feel better and because I;m going slower I tend to absorb and enjoy the night more.
Juz my 2c worth
smile.gif

lulu is spot on the money!
i'm not boasting here in any way - but brisbane = speed city
basically i'd just like to reinforce lulu's thoughts of taking it easy with speed.
if you look at some of the people (speeders) in brisbane you'd think 3 times rather than twice about it.lot's of really fucked up attitudes and it seems that the longer people are into it (speed) the easier they can spoil the vibe for the rest of us. the speedfreaks here generally have that i had more than you attitude so i am hardcore - big deal!!!!!

chowbaby what worries me is that you were up all saturday, kicked through till sunday, charged on to uni on monday. Thats 3 days without sleep, and simply not good for your system.
Just imagine doing a whole day without sleep on nothing but coffee. You get through, but your exhausted for ages afterwards and cranky as a bear in the woods.
Try 3 days on speed and there will be side affects. A big down side affect. Maybe Tuesday wasn't the day. Maybe by Friday your so knackered that to even get out friday night its just more speed.
You may be fine. But if you get to the point of having to have something just to get through a day, then things have gone to far.
Maybe your younger than me and can cope better. But I try not to touch speed, coz I find it too destructive for me and takes too long to get "up" again. Thats why I have big comedowns - coz of speed, not from mdma.
This isnt us having a go at you. We care and just hope you are OK.

Lulu - I was on the gold coast on the weekend - talk about grumpy drivers - they must all be on speed
wink.gif
Not one fucker ever lets u in!!! What is with that???

there is no doubt about the prozac blocking the MDMA, but that aside, if someone does need anti-ds should they really be having MDMA at all. i mean it fucks with your serotonin pretty good, and if a person is prone to depression they are undoubtedly going to have a more difficult time dealing with the after effects of the drug.
like me following the weekend. i am not a depressed person but topics came up in conversation concerning the one thing that depresses me greatly. could i deal with this during the hrs when my serotonin was zero, omg no, read what happened on the "handling comedowns post"
so if ur upset about a lot of things or life in general then the days after MDMA can't be nice at all.

Hey guys...
Still alive and kicking here
smile.gif
I just wanted to thankyou so much for all your responses to my post. It's only now that I've come to realise that your replies were far from a personal attack at myself - you were simply waking me up to the facts...
Like I mentioned, I've really never taken speed in large quantities like I did on the weekend. I've always had my pills to see me through the night. You guys have made me realise that goey is quite different and harder than our trusty e. And, although it was a smooth comedown this time - the next time could be horribly different.
For now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do to keep me going all night. I've been sober before and had a great time - but it only lasts until the early hours of the morning. I've just found out some more info though on the anti-depressant (Zoloft) that I'm taking. It turns out that it only takes 2-3 days for it to be fully out of your system. So... if I was to plan a big night every month or two - I may (if I feel it won't affect me emotionally) be able to stop taking the Zoloft for two or so days and be able to pill for the night
smile.gif
I've been communicating with others that do this - and they say that it works great.
So, good news peoples. Maybe I'm going to be able to stick to pilling - even only if it is occasionally. And - for other nights, I can always handle a sober one or two and hit the sack a little earlier.
I just wanted to thankyou all for caring enough to post your honest replies. You've made me realise that goey isn't worth it...
Hugs all round,
*chowbaby*

Chowbaby,
Good to see your last post, looks like you have heeded everyones sentiments. I tend to agree with most of the postings relating to speed, it really can be a bad drug. I have a young brother who is addicted to speed and it really has had a detrimental effect on his and my family's lives. Basically speed can be ok if used only once in a while, but it is very easy to become reliant on it for that much needed energy. The psychological and physical long term effects are bad news, and almost every speed user I know will testify to that. Use rarely would be my advice and be aware its addictive qualities can sneak up on you.
Take care and good luck with the depression. A word on that...I myself and a few people I know (all early twenties at the time) have experienced some form of long term (months or more) depression after using e a few times. All of them ... bar one ... have come through it ok and now experience no depression, or minor occurences, and can now take e again. Whether it is linked to a combination of changes in brain hormone/neurotransmitter levels as a person ages, combined with effects of e I am not sure, but from my observations it seems like that is what is happening (obviously I have no scientific or medical evidence of this...purely observation).
Later
PLUR
smile.gif

thats a very common reaction to speed, particularly when combined with no sleep...
just as MDMA works mainly on the serotonin in your brain, amphetamines and cocaine work mainly on its twin, dopamine.
notice my judicious use of the word "mainly", the two neuro-chemicals are interlinked in very complex ways, and all psychoactive drugs seem to affect them in some way...
this is a rough but kinda accurate analogy: serotonin is related to feelings of well being and love, where as dopamine is more related to feelings of agression and intensity.
a heavy session on speed or coke will put the levels of dopamine in your brain out of whack, leading to irrational mood swings and general grumpiness. and just as heavy MDMA use will damage the brains ability to regulate serotonin, heavy amphetamine use will prevent the brain from regulating its dopamine and make you into a very grumpy bunny...
as always, use in moderation and learn what your body can handle...

herrow chowbaby
i wasn't going to reply to this post owing to the already humungous length of it and my large degree of ignorance but when u sed zoloft i thought i better...
the dude i am going out with at the mo also was on zoloft, so at the time i looked into it as much as possible. one of the things that is cautioned against is a rapid halt to taking it- tho i guess it depends on how much of it u r taking too. if u want to take a break from it so u can e please look into it. & pleeease be careful about SSRIs & other drugs... my boi tried to stop once he went on zoloft, but had a few nights out on e, and landed himself in serious troubles in hospital for psychosis. he is still not how he was b4- stuff has changed and it will take time for things to go back to normal- if they do. it's much harder to fix things up when they go poo... & it's only once it all goes kerplunk that u realise how fragile everything is.
sorry to put in a down post
i hope u r ok soon
smile.gif

love&hugs