Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Depression & 5HTP

kee-ronic

Bluelighter
I have a question's about Bi-polar disorder and the use of 5 HTP, My brother has been diagnosed as a manic depressive (Bi-Polar). From what he has told me about the disorder, its affects the production levels of seratonin in the brain, for example: he can only take E's when his seratonin levels are high and when the levels are low, pills dont work properly...different affects, loss of classic E symptoms (euphoria). If anyone has any Medical experience or or suffers form a similar disorder and has any info, or tips on how he can get the most out of pills, please feel free to reply...
Also he's taking an antidepresant called EFEXOR-XR (or Venlafaxine as the active ingrediant)
The reason i'm asking is because most doctors will want to know exactly why...and of course advise against used of E's
smile.gif

Sorry i'm speeding
smile.gif
so i'm dribbling on about this
So if anyone can give us specifics on what 5-HTP will do, or even if it will possibly help balance out his seratonin level...thus overcoming the disorder as much as he can ( its a life long illlness i'm told)
if anyone has heard in of any cases of people with a seratonin disorder or similar, to please let us know how it affected them
P.S i have looked around, and couldnt get ant relevant info, some of you guys have answered some of my questions in the past, tho not directly
smile.gif

P.S Pill Report for Ying Yangs in sydney for this week...
Really light green in colour
Bout the same size as a mitsu...approx the width of the rear of a ballpoint pen
Chinese ying yang symbol on one side and a wierd chinese symbol on the other....kinda like a 3 sided square
Turned black in 6-8 seconds....nice mdma type off deal, dancey yet 'smacky' ya know what i mean
All 3 of us who took them had an upset stomache for the last half an hour of the buzz and during the following day.
End Transmission.
Kee-low

ah try the i-herb site, they have some great info about the use of 5 htp in the treatment of depression... many people use it as a more "natural" form of anti-depressant...

I heard that 5htp needs to be taken in a similar way to st.john wart, that is a few pills a day over a course of about 2 weeks. There is also the need to get the stuff mailed over the internet ( looked everywhere for it in local pharms... ). almost seems like to much effort....

Bi-polar is DUE in part to having low serotonin levels. 5-htp will help the condition and you might be able to get it from health food stores or a doctor. However taking MDMA is prob a very BAD idea. Try speed or G instead.

JB - have u got the addy for the i-herb site.
cheers
------------------
reality is what we share

here ya go ....
I-Herb
5-htp direct
enjoy...
Peace.
-Av
[This message has been edited by Av (edited 22 March 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Av (edited 22 March 2000).]

Bit off the topic name, but related to the original post:
Regarding that Sydney Yin-Yang - you said it tested black and felt like MDMA and described it as "Dancey yet (censored)" and said you had upset stomachs. That sounds similar to how MDEA is described sometimes.
Does anyone else find with MDxx compounds that MDMA sits well, but MDEA makes them reach for the Quick-eze?

I'm with you on that one BigTrancer, and you know it!! Had MDEA based pill last weekend (see pillreports, Red Fila) and chowed thru about 4 quick-eze over the period of the roll. Not too bad, but kinda queasy. But after the quick-eze, Bobs your uncle!

hello bigtrancer and raider....i just read your posts...and i was wondering if you could help me out on some of your terminology...quick eaze....what is/are this/these......and what u mean bobs your uncle....i know i sound like amateur but im always curious as to possible ways to increase my buzz off a roll....thanking yall in advance.......later fellas

Quick-eze are antacid tablets that help to soothe an upset stomach. "Bobs your uncle" is like saying "there you go!". I'd say look for things that make your head spin to help your roll, like smoking a cigarette if you're a non-smoker (I can't believe I had a half a pack at 2Tribes - shortlived though) and inhaling vicks
smile.gif

I've found that taking Guarana tablets (available at Chemists over the counter - just a natural stimulant) can have a great prolonging effect on a roll. Take two or three of the 1000mg tablets and "Bobs your uncle"!!
smile.gif

Also, a couple of Red Bulls might pick you up, if you dont have a vicks inhaler handy, but read the post on Red Bulls first - I'm starting to think they might be a bit dodgy.
Combine these with serotonin preloading as described in the EVERYONE READ post, and your in for a big one!
Using these methods I had a roll that lasted over 8 hours for a single pill last weekend. It was great!!
PLH
smile.gif

Raider
[This message has been edited by Raider (edited 24 March 2000).]