Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PillReports Syndication/Integration

dirtyb_au

Bluelighter
A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend I hadn't seen in years, and found out that they too did enjoyed a pill now and again.

They seemed fairly responsible about it/used harm minimization techniques, but to my surprise (and disappointment), did not use pillreports or bluelight - Instead, they used the active forums for the local club they regularly patronise.

These, after chatting with him a bit, I realise is quite a commonplace occurence - clubs (particularly ones that attract pill-takers) often develop quite a strong local community, and often (well, at least in a few that I've seen) seem to evolve into a localized version of PillReports.

Now, on to the point.

What I think would be really good to see in the next version of PillReports, is a syndication/integration feature. By this, I mean 2 main features:

1) The ability for website operators (particularly for club websites) whose vistors have a vested interest in knowing pill quality in their area to easily include latest pill reports into a headlines or ticker type arrangement - Just like other news syndicatin (could be done via RSS or whatever).

2) Taking it a step futher - offer a completely site-customizable, easily integrated front end that allows club site operators to run their "own" pill reports type section on their site (which in fact goes into the central PillReports database).

It allows localized clubs to promote their local community feel/user participation, whilst growing/aggregating current pill knowledge. There are lots of active dance party/club related sites around - things like inthemix (if they'd support it) and others have huge active user bases, that if they could easily/regularly see PillReports results from their usual site, would be far more likely to participate.

I was going to submit this as an official feature request (along with the millions of others), but wasn't sure exactly who to send it to (and are keen on comments anyway). Mods, if you could forward on to the powers that be, that'd be grand.

Anyway, I think it would increase the amount of people actively contributing the reports, as well as (hopefully) grow awareness of good harm minimization practices.

Thoughts/comments?

DirtyB.

i really like this idea, but think it would be more difficult to implement than it might seen - as far as i am aware, bluelight (and those that run it) likes to keep fairly independant, and this would run somewhat contrary.

some interesting thoughts though :)

(it might be an idea to post something about this in the support forum, btw, as then it will surely be read by the admins).

I'm not an official representative or anything, but I don't think Inthemix would have anying to do with this. They have a "no drug talk" policy and usually refer threads about drugs to bluelight.

Also, I don't think clubs will go for this...while everyone knows that people are on drugs in clubs, club owners can't be seen to be encouraging that sort of behaviour because it is illegal.

Better just to encourage people to put a link to pillreports on their site.

On the money Satricion. I wouldn't think any club owner in their right mind would want to openly associate their club with 'safe' drug use. I know here in Brisbane at the moment, club owners are probably trying to steer clear from any associations whatsoever of drug use after one club already being raided and closed down a couple of weeks ago. (Although the club had it coming)

^ That is the reason we don't permit venues to be named in posts on this forum. I can move this thread to the Support forum if you want, otherwise if you're happy to discuss the idea here, that's ok too. With regards to actual developments, I wouldn't expect much to happen with Pillreports until it is integrated with BL in future software upgrades.

BigTrancer :)