Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anti-Euphoria Injections

Baker

Bluelighter
"The British government is planning to launch a nationwide ‘anti-drug immunisation scheme’ of children similar to the current measles, mumps and rubella programmes, which they hope will prevent kids from getting when they grow up.

“Childhood immunisation would provide adults with protection from the euphoria that is experienced by users,” the Independent on Sunday reported this week, “making drugs such as heroin and cocaine pointless to take.”

The proposal emerged after scientists suggested anti-pleasure vaccinations could be available commercially within two years and was greeted with alarm by US civil liberties organisation The Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics (CCLE).

CCLE legal expert Richard Glen Boire warned that the strategy could have serious implications for brain health, as well as ‘trampling the fundamental human right to freedom of thought’. Their introduction of such vaccines, he warned, would signal ‘the first time that neuropharmaceuticals were overtly used to enforce government policy.’

The story broke as The Sunday Times revealed that the British government is also about to launch a national database containing details of every child in England, “designed to identify problem relatives, including aunts and uncles who have a history of alcoholism or drugs misuse”. Rival newspaper The Observer, meanwhile, called for a national debate on privacy and individual liberty, writing of the threat from a ‘menacing, all encompassing state’.

“The combination of new technology and the indifference of New Labour to individual freedom means that a version of the Big Brother phenomenon is being invented before our eyes,” said the Observer.

“It’s intention is benign; but the information on each of us being out in the hands of the state is vast.”

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=544439 ("People could be vaccinated against drugs at birth as you are against measles. You could say cocaine is more dangerous than measles, for example,” Professor Nutt, head of psychopharmacology at the University of Bristol)

http://www.newspeak.com/Newspeak.htm (Are we living in an Orwellian world?: ‘Thoughtcrime," the mere act of thinking about ideas like Freedom or Revolution, was punishable by torture and brainwashing."
from here

I saw this in "Three-D-World" and was wondering if anyone has heard of this. It looks like a very bad idea. What about people who are unaware of the effects and decide to try drugs and overdose on heroin or whatever they are using trying to get high. People would just sit round smacking out without feeling good, i wonder what would happen to drug use and if this would affect peoples everyday lives, such as endorphin release etc.
I guess this fits in with the "loved up, or fucked up" discussion.

Last edited:
Heh, taking away some ones right to feel happy, whether they do it legally or not the whole idea is wrong. it should be an individuals choice to do these drugs. Are they making this injection mandatory at birth? surely there would be some medical side effects of this injection...

what will they think of next, an injection at birth so that you cant make your own decisions... fucken government.

There are side effects to most immunisation injections. I suspect that this is the worst idea ever thought of in human history...

However, i wouldn't mind an anti-addiction immunisation program.

Perhaps they need to re-work the wording. Yet even so... It should be your choice to take the injection or not.

I cant possibly believe that this is serious..........lol.

How funny is it.............they will be giving us injections soon to ensure we vote in a certain manner etc...........lol

No way in the world that would ever happen.

Actually i think it may be good for people who want to come clean, or maybe people going to jail for one reason or another, they'd have to be specific cases as i'm sure there would be huge side-effects.
I really don't think this is a good idea
although the mention of anti-addiction that looks like a good direction, or something to combat possible overdose, eg something that puts a limit to how high someone can get. Maybe that could be a possobility. If we are talking harm minimisation reducing harm would be a great alternative.
Alas that sounds too far beyond the graps of today's science but one day we might live in a free world, where people can make their own decisions and a drug is invented that is actually healthy and feels really good with no side effects, ahh we can dream can't we? please don't let them take away that

Easy way around this - grab the needle out of the injector's hand and stab them in the eye with it. Get a whole bunch of kids doing this and we'll all be sweet. 8(

I've read about this discovery previously.. ofcourse it was aimed more at allowing addicts a way to stop using a drug, as it removes the enjoyable side.

Coming out and saying that they want to "immunise" children so they dont feel euphoria is rediculous. Its bad enough that half the western world is on anti-depressants - whether they need it or not - and now they want to completely strip people of their happiness. Who knows what it could do, turn the population into drones? I dont know how this drug is meant to act, but heroin and coke arent the only ways to achieve euphoric effects and there are many situations where you can feel a sense of euphoria without having any kind of drug. What if this drug takes those away too?

This is one of those things that sounds like a fantastic idea to the drug prohibitionists. But I really dont think they have thought too long and hard about it.

stace.

That is the first I've ever heard of anythign liek that at all...and my god...agreed with Lep...Worst, idea, ever.

I can't even believed this is getting conceived of...damn straight have a reference to 1984. Lets just remove their ability to conceive of mind altering substances!!! Perhaps we can teach them that Soma is all they need to get by!

This is seriously scary. As stacyrox mentioned, there are natural ways to acheive euphoria, and by prefenting the human brain form producing this emotion we are depriving people not only of a basic human right, but also damaging society.

An injection at birth? They have got to be kidding - that is incredibly twisted, The only potentially acceptable use I can see for this technology is as a voluntary treatment available to addicts. Anyone who supports tinkering with the brains of children in this manner deserves to be beaten around the head :(

Rather scary to think they could fuck around with kids this much.

As stacyrox mentioned, there are natural ways to acheive euphoria, and by prefenting the human brain form producing this emotion we are depriving people not only of a basic human right, but also damaging society.

*nods*

The biggest problem I see with this... if the immunisation is acting on the receptors that are activated by heroin, rendering them useless, does this not also mean that all opiate based painkillers would not work for those who have been immunised?!?

Thats sick.... sick sick sick.....

Though I'm surprised the US government didn't think of it already.

It's not battling getting high at all, it just removes your ability to be happy... all together, happiness would become a straight face, jokes wouldn't be funny, people would just be depressed worker drones... fucking conspiricy theory shit - don't you wanna destroy george bush, start a rebelion against the "UN" lol... but for the good of mankind (just bomb all religious folk) or make religion illegal (i know, can't do that, defeats the purpose of what i said - im stoned sorry)

Err... Yea
Party Safe :S

Jimity said:

Its probably because they are heavy sponsored by pharm. companies in USA. :\

If this was to threaten becoming a reality in Australia i would simply not raise a family here, as much as i love Australia it would be this sort of crap that would drive me from my home land.

So what? You are already feeling less happy than you ought to; cell phones and even cell phone traffic penetrates your brain and depletes your stock of several brain chemicals above all serotonin. This has been proven in country after country:Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and UK and US.

Recently a swedish scientist proved beyond doubt in a double-blind experiment that morphine couldnt give as good analgesia as before (and probably less euphoria too) because cell phone traffic broke down the blood-brain-barrier and destroyed endorphines. This has been suspected long ago by scientists all over the western world...

Jimity said:
Thats sick.... sick sick sick.....

Actually, the first time I read about this was a couple years ago and it was in an article written by a US chemist.

This idea has been floating around for a long time in lot of countries including the US.

Its a very scary thought indeed, however, at this point in time, there is no way something like this could get the green light. However, 50 years down the track, who knows...

PapaverPrisoner said:
So what? You are already feeling less happy than you ought to; cell phones and even cell phone traffic penetrates your brain and depletes your stock of several brain chemicals above all serotonin. This has been proven in country after country:Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany and UK and US.

Recently a swedish scientist proved beyond doubt in a double-blind experiment that morphine couldnt give as good analgesia as before (and probably less euphoria too) because cell phone traffic broke down the blood-brain-barrier and destroyed endorphines. This has been suspected long ago by scientists all over the western world...

have you got a copy of the results of these handy? Never heard this as more than speculation so I'm interested in reading some actual scientific studies on it

yeh thats absolutely fascinating...perhaps shud post somethign about that in teh darkside thread on causes of depression...perhaps the rising numbers in the last couple of decades has been widespread cellphone technology.

check out this related article written in 2001. It may give you a bit of a better understanding.
But yeah its bullshit people who get measles injections sometimes get autism. This issue sounds a lot like "Prozac Nation".
Yes i want a boring world without individuality!!
I can be happy not knowing that i could have had a far better life.
We better not let neuropharmacuticals, although nootropics seem good, we shouldn't let them run our lives into a world where everyone functions in a materialistic monotonous society like the one depicted in Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World".

Also if you haven't already read "Doors of perception, and, Heaven and Hell" takes a look at the history of psychadelics and how different religions altered the minds perceptions, and describes his own experience with mescaline. Very fun =D

This is pretty much the most bizzare policy I have ever seen get real considered thought. Fucking hell.