• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Golden Star Awards (or johnboy being nice for once...)

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Heres a new feature of the board. The bit where i pay props to those of you that
are shining lights in the Oz/Asia Bluelight!
The deal is once a month I'll post someone, or a few people, as Oz/Asia BLighter of
the Month. Kinda like employee of the month at McDonalds but i wont make anyone
wear those polyester pants...
Nominations are of course welcome.
Well the winners of the first, innaugural, premiere Golden Star are:
Lady Kat - for the best ever newbie post i have ever seen, read it and learn
everyone...
and
candyflip - for staring a rival board but still being nice enough to hang around here
like a pleasant odour, oh and for a gratuitous blade runner reference...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Ahem.
What do *I* have to do to get me one of these Golden Stars you speak of?
Surely you can't expect *me* to write anything of substance!
Hmmph.
------------------
Big Jugs, Hard Drugs.

hey! i told you why privately.. thats real sneaky waiting till you think i've logged off to post this... mona knows she's a member of the platinum star regulars... she just wants me to say it here... what a blatant act of fishing!!...
wink.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

So who *are* the platinum star regulars jonhboy?
Hmmm?
A bit of fishing never hurt anyone
wink.gif

Oh and congrats to candyflip and Lady Kat.
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 11 March 2000).]

so long as it stays as just a post, i'm happy....ish.
truth is i don't like this kind of thing, i know that it's nice and you're are just being nice and encouraging quality posting johnboy, no need to flame me.
Maybe it will work and quality will improve, we'll have to wait and see i guess. I just hope it stays low key to avoid any comp or hierarchy bs, save that for mIRC.
Sorry for the negativity, but i am that way.

Yer I am kind of with ent on this one. I don't come here to try and gain someones approval or to be judged and I'd probably actually be pretty insulted to receive a "Golden Star" award.

Honestly Doc... this is the second pointless post you have made in recent times. I'm pretty sure that everyone will agree with me, that if you are have negative/pointless ideas, just keep them to yourself rather than post them on here, and no... I don't really need to know how symetrical or smooth your testicals are....

Ummm excuse me if you are confusing me with the "Doctor" in discussion forum maybe you should note the lack of "tor" on the end of my nick?
Mine is not intended as a flame I am simply against to concept of heirachies, awards etc These are discussion forums intended so people can share information and talk about a common interest, so the idea of posts being "graded" or judged is a concept I am against. We are all more than capable of judging the quality of posts ourselves and I think the moderators job is one of guidance (for people breaking the rules etc) rather than judgement.

Sorry to johnboy if you found the comment to doc a little harsh... but after reading his post about his testicles.. I couldnt help myself.
I don't think these gold star awards are really here to judge us, just to congratulate some peoples on an excellent idea/s or point of view.
smile.gif

If there was a rating system, in which everyone was assigned a mark.. out of 5 for instance, I may share you view Doc.

I sincerely apologise to you Doc for not recognising the fact that you are someone else...
Guess I should keep my eyes open next time
smile.gif

YEAH! Lighten up people!
I think this was just Johnboy's little way of giving a practical example of how posts are to be made, because it seems quite obvious that some people just couldn't be bothered reading the FAQ's and inevitably end up fucking up a thread with a shit subject line or crappy content.
So instead of raging with jealousy at not attaining a gold star (and I KNOW you all are
wink.gif
), just do as you have been doing (unless you've been posting like shite) and get over it.
cheers,
mona.
"Platinum Star Achiever"

Good call Mona
smile.gif

sorry to everyone if my posts seemed a little nasty.....
I'm having a terrible Sunday (feels like the reliable ugly Tuesday that Im sure you all know so well) brought on by a big night out on Friday
smile.gif

Hey look maybe i read too much into what was a simple gesture, i dunno why but the idea of a monthly bluelighter of the month award just sounded bad to me....
It was probably just that i equate giving a gold star award to rewarding a child for behaving....it was never a personal dig at you jb as we all respect the work you do on here in working towards an easy to navigate well structured forum that allows the access of the information we require in the most efficient means possible ....in other words put the damn name and location in the title!
smile.gif

Anyways i probably over-reacted to something that was really nothing so just ignore me
smile.gif

doc, nah i wont ignore, i ignore nothing that goes on here
smile.gif

as for your take on what a gold star means, well you are exactly right! its a pisstake on the gold stars and ballerina stamps or whattever your kindergarten teacher gave you when you managed to go a whole day with out eating all the perkins paste....
so its rewarding and kinda condescending at the same time... just what i was aiming for....
------------------

He who lurks....shall remain doing so?
------------------
Like a flood,Thru my blood;
In my vein,To my brain;
Feel it coursing right thru me;
Oh my GOD its ECSTASY!

hehehehehe, I like this idea jb!
Perkins paste...Food of the 5 year old gods.
(i myself prefered clag clear gum, but everyone to their tastes
wink.gif
)
Andromeda
smile.gif

------------------
***This starship breaks for black holes and temporal disunities.***

syke, you hardly lurk... its just hard when theres only 3 maybe 4 bluelighters in your country.... maybe you should do some promotion? seriously, get the word out there and get more pill bunnies from singers online.
as for the rest of you, shall i just drop the whole idea? im happy to put the carrots away and just carry the stick with me all the time... hmmm with all that perkins paste my metaphors are getting real mixed up...