Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PMA in pills

Doooofus

Bluelighter
Hey,

I was wondering how many of you suspect that your pills have contained PMA alone, or a mix of PMA/MDxx. Has anyone successfully tested for PMA in a pill, and what testing kit did you use? It seems that PMA is one of the more dangerous adulterants present in ecstasy pills - but how common is it really in Australia? And what is a fatal dose?

Lots of questions :) Cheers!

You would use a Mecke or Mandelin reagent to test for PMA as an adulterent.

This PMA faq should answer most of your questions and Queries. If not check out www.erowid.org for some useful PMA, PMMA information.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76245&r=0

I believe it is quite rare as an adultrant but should not be turned a blind eye to especially in Adelaide

I have been suspicious on a couple of occasions with pma adultrated pills. But without a gcms anaylsis i was yet to believe it. white doves i purchased in Adeliade come to mind. but i couldnt really tell you just from reagent results. However the expierence i had was very pma like, musscle twitching/spasming, intense heat, short lived peak, minor visuals. i think if they were pma it would of been a threshold dose.

Last edited:
we got PMA, i know a person who intentionally took it last year and back in 98 something like 8 died in South Australia from PMA ingestion.

I thought a pill I had once may of contained PMA. I was much much hotter than usual and was tripping out a fait bit.

Since having tried DXM, I put that experience down to DXM being in the pill.

I semi reported on a suspect pill a few months back... havn't been able to fully test it, but after 4 i od'd with symptom's decribed on erowid as a pma type od... very energetic to start, lasts forever! extremely off my dial. Then really heavy breathing and almost colapsed... lay out a couch muttering utter crap and twitching like my last name was parkitson for 6 hrs.. not fun..

ld50 vs ssri said:
You would use a Mecke or Mandelin reagent to test for PMA as an adulterent.

Would I need the Simon's/Robadope to test for a PMA/MDxx mix?

Funny you mentioned this because I've just got back from a mates house and he was telling me that he was sold PMA(verified with tester) as speed. So watch out Melb people too!

Well i would buy every reagent if you have the $$. I did and i havent looked back since! They pay for themselves.

Sllip if possible would you be able to give some details on the pills you suspect are a pma/mdxx/speed combo?

Just for peace of mind so i can knock them back if needed. Id also be interested in doing a few reagent tests to see what results come from these suspected pma combo pills

Thanks ;)

^ I think Sllip is talking about speed. ie powder not pills.

Is it possible to identify a pill containing PMA in COMBINATION with either MDMA/MDA/DXM/Speed??

To my knowledge i think robadope or simmons can determine primary and secondary amines of these types ie: mdma/mda/pma combo. Im pretty sure there is no reagent that can test for some of the more uncommon combo pills ie: mdea/pmma combo, i may be wrong though.

Well I did find this in the FAQ:

===============================
A way to combat this is by using the EZ-Test Xtreme (or other comparable testing kit), which combines two reagents – Simon’s and Robadope’s. The Simon’s reagent will indicate the presence of MD__; while Robadope’s will indicate PMA.
===============================

However, after reading the instructions for the EZ Test X-Treme kit, it claims that with the Robadope reagent "a colour change to Salmon/Red indicates a primary amine like MDA, PMA or amphetamine".

MDMA/MDA is a fairly common combo in pills isn't it? So if PMA is combined with MDMA, you couldn't tell whether it is a PMA/MDMA or a PMA/MDA combo could you? This is a pain because I would certainly be willing to ingest a MDA/MDMA combo, but wouldn't think twice about discarding a PMA/MDMA pill...

Can anyone shed any light on how to tell these two combos apart?

Perhaps this underlines the usefulness of the EZ-Xtreme.

Use Marquis to reject all non MD-family drugs, use Simons to confirm presence of secondary amine, use Robadope to reject all samples containing primary amines. That way you will only retain samples containing MDMA or MDEA, and reject everything containing a testable amount of PMA, MDA, or non-MD-family drugs.

Sure, you might say that MDA/MDMA pills are great and that it would be heartbreaking to have to reject some of the so-called "best" pills on the principle that they contain a primary amine. But, if there was a tangible risk of PMA/MDMA pills being found on the street then it would be highly risky to ingest tablets testing positive for primary and secondary amines, in the hope that it was MDMA/MDA and not MDMA/PMA.

BigTrancer :)

I'll admit I'm very new to buying pills, and have only just received my testing kit. How common is it to buy MDMA/MDA combos? Is MDA a by-product of MDMA production or is it something that is specifically created to be put into a pill? My worry is that I could be throwing away pills with a good dose of MDMA and only a small amount of MDA left over from the production process...

Exactly. I think I'd like to try it one day because of its longer duration. I think the fact that PMA cannot be distinguished from MDA demonstrates just how important it is not to rely on one method of identification: you should always test your pills, but also check PillReports and talk to other people in your area and try to get an idea of what results they have had for the pill and what they thought was in it (if they have taken it).

*sigh* :( Imagine if we could just head down to the pharmacy and pick up a pill of known substance and dose...

^^ I think you have missed the point that BT is trying to get across.

Last edited: