Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Popularity of MDxx because it comes in a pill

dseasd_purity

Bluelighter
I am just curious to see what people have to think about MDxx increasing in popularity in recent years, and whether it has anything to do with it coming in the form of a pill?

I assume a lot of who do Xtc (or what is sold to them as Xtc :\ ) feel more comfortable doing the drug because it comes in a nice little pill with a smiley face on it :D . Would new users especially teenagers be so willing to do it if it was sold as powder (Personally I would prefer mdma/mda in powder but I can’t speak for everyone)

I would just like to hear some peoples views on this and if you think other drugs eg KETAMINE or Methamphetamine etc would be more popular if mass produced into pills with logos on them?

-SD

I'd suspect this is very true, I was out last night and ran into a few old school mates - who'd of never taken drugs - had more than a fair share of pills - when asked about speed, though, they were all disgusted that I'd even think about doing it.

so i'd say that people might be just scared of the ways its administered (weather it be IV, snorting, whatever)

eating a little tablet is by far not as looked down upon as, say, snorting a line.

I think that MDMA in pill form is quite attractive to users, like you said "a happy little smile face on it". it doesn't really reflect the seedy dark side of drug use and addiction that is common in other recreational drugs. I am sure if you had to snort the powder or shoot it up everytime it would not be as desirable, and possible looked at as a dirty drug. I guess also with all the designs that are pressed on pills i.e. MTV, McDonalds, Ferrari etc young people would find attractive and cool. Its a pretty good marketing plan if you think about it.

good point...
i think it is a big factor..... it doesnt seem as "bad" if it is in a pill....
doing powder/crystal has more of a hardcore drug 'user' stigma.... but if its in a nice dandy little pill it is fine...

its unfortunate that this is the case as most street pills are full of shit...
We recently had some pure crystal mdma and it shits on anything in pill form and has the advantage of knowing exactly what is in it...

Its like consumer packaging.....
buying a pill is like buying a brand name product
and buying powder/crystal is like buying a no-name or wholesale product.

the no-name product is always better value, but it is hard for people to see past the alure of a neatly conveniantly packaged pill.

Yup, this is a truth.

So many times I've been with some people who have been offered some MD** powder when I've been lucky enough to be around it, but they would stare blankly and take the 'average' pill.... Very strange indeed..... Perception is a POWERFUL thing.

I think this is definitely true.

Taking a pill doesn't feel like "doing drugs", whereas snorting something definitely does.

keystroke said:
I'd suspect this is very true, I was out last night and ran into a few old school mates - who'd of never taken drugs - had more than a fair share of pills - when asked about speed, though, they were all disgusted that I'd even think about doing it.

I know a few people like those mentioned above, that will take pills and not speed.

The ironic thing is that the pills I had with them one night were 100% speed bombs! When I mentioned this to them they all looked at me horrified as if I'd said something rude about their mother!

Goes to show, if the packaging looks good, people will buy/eat anything without doing their research!

I guess somtimes you dont have a choice if you want speed or mdma in those kandys. Its a lucky dip each week if your a frequent user. From where i live i need to buy my dealer gifts to get best quality pills and that sux.

First time i did pop, i didnt care about the qaulity as it was first time, as thinking there all the same, and 2nd time i started to do more reasearch and finding more about the and whats inside it. So i do care about whats in them but thats only in the eyes of someone who drops shitloads maybe if i didnt drop as much i woudnt really worry much

^^ buy a tester . If it doesn't test black, don't purchase. It's simple as that in most cases. If your dealer doesn't allow that, find a new one. Is it worth taking the risk of not having a tester?

Neurofen, vitamin and other good things come in pills. And these things do your body good. So for the lay men eating a pill containing MDMA surely couldn't be that bad since they wouldn't have had problems in the past from this. For the casual user this makes the action of eating a pill not taking illicit drugs, but popping a vitamin pill that will make them feel good.

Maybe powders would be more attractive to people if other medications are also administered via racking lines. This way the action wouldn't be so foreign to the new user. Plus they can connect previous line racking with a positive health change, and not necessarily just a way to get trashed.

I agree with MDxx pill popularity over molly, after all, where the hell can I get some molly? Seriously, I'd like to try it.

I think the pill form has a lot to do with the club/rave scene, not only because of brand-name friendliness but also convenience. Pills are a lot easier to conceal than powders, especially when you're taking some and there's cops and dogs nearby. If they're wandering all around the place like at the Superdome or the Atrium, you can't just whip out your pocket mirror and razor and have a chop, and you definately can't do that standing in line to get in.

I suppose it's a sign that a lot of people are in the scene only for the drugs.

I think there are many factors why pills are more accepted then lets say powder or crystal. I guess the stamps and the fact popping a pill takes no real effort is the main factor. But if ppl think that a pill is safer than powder, they should think again. Like with good powder (that is tested and all) if relatively clean, I find it's easier to dose urself on it. A pill u can only halve or quarter, and maybe half might not do anything then u take the other half and BAM. With powder, u can meausure out an exact dose. So u can start with let's say 30mg, or 50mg, then work ur way up. Even just have a little pinch here and there after a larger dose to sustain the effects without overloadin urself.
Now as for the stamps on pills, the logos are usually logos from large companies. Like versace, mcdonalds, or WB (warner brothers) etc. In advertising, the use of logos, the way they spread these logos around, they try to capture a piece of everyones subconcious. They call it mind-share. These logos become assosciated with a reliable product or a product that is made to be believed as reliable/consistent. You may not realise it, but a logo that is identifiable has been subconciously imprinted in ur mind. A part of ur brain called the iine (can't remember how to spell it :p) actually gets stimulated by such things as add jingles, tv theme music, company logos, etc. It's also a part of ur brain from what I have heard where addiction can arise from. But the point is, these pill pressers are using popular logos therefore hijackin mind share of large corporations. It's quite clever if you think about it. I think it would be good if anyone has more info about mind share and even how the iine works specifically.

Peace Out

gher said:
... you can't just whip out your pocket mirror and razor and have a chop, and you definately can't do that standing in line to get in....

You can't? Hmm, whoops.

To be honest, I rather enjoy the ritual of doing lines....but I definitely agree that for a lot of users "who wouldn't touch drugs" being "freely available" in pill form is a big plus.

You can't because, erm, maybe a dog will bite you in the arse or something. I dunno. Dare ya to try it in the line for an Atrium rave.

I completely agree that ecstasy appears as a much softer drug to many people than amphetamines because of the pill factor.

Everyone eats lollies as a kid and everyone takes Panadol’s. A lot of people think because it comes pressed into a pill it’s safe. This is a common misconception that can be quite dangerous. But it does happen.

People then feel smoking methamphetamine makes you a crack head and snorting coke your going to be doing it all the time selling your baby to support your habit.

Pills are definitely more appealing as a soft drug.

Yep, I agree with the sentiments in this thread. There's one comment I would mention.
But if ppl think that a pill is safer than powder, they should think again.
It's going to depend on your definition of safe really - but a powder can be cut with anything by every person in the chain between you and the cook, to maximise profit. A pill can't be cut by anyone but the pill presser or yourself... so there's less avenues for adulterants to appear along the way.

It's generally true that a pill contains less than 3 active ingredients, and if there is MDMA present then the likelihood of adulterants is statistically low (although mixtures of MD-family drugs are becoming more frequently reported IMO). When using a pilltester to reject non-'ecstasy like' pills, the average end user is far less likely to ingest adulterants or drugs other than MDMA, than someone who randomly selects pills based on availability. People can therefore reduce their risks easily, without having to go 'further up the chain' to get a purer product.

Neither are really what you'd count on as being 'safe' in any way though, I would say. There are always risks, which is why using a tester can reduce the risks of ingesting undesired adulterants in pills. It is important to note, however, that my above points are based on someone seeking MDMA. I would contend that a person would be far more likely to obtain better quality ketamine (for example) in powdered form than by seeking non-'ecstasy like' pills to get the same effects (because the converse of my above statement, that often MDMA-containing pills contain few adulterants, applies).

BigTrancer :)

Ppl are brought up taking pills all the time, headaches, flu's etc..

So possibly people feel more at ease doing it, its something they have done many times b4..

Doctors prescribe people pills all the time.... A pill is PERCEIVED as a trusted form of consuming a substance.

Snorting however is a different story...

I havent had my doctor prescribe me sum powder.. with the recommendation of snorting 2 lines... morning and night.. until finished...

But.. Meh.. we'r all enticed in2 the scene sumhow i guess..
Each 2 their own.

Blutonium out :)

heh, yeah it gets that way - i recently conned a mate into snorting, he had this fear, and wanted to eat everything, and waste my shit, so we yelled at him, got some coke, and BAM, lines all round, i love my E's, more so then "pure" powders that you find - truth is, E is generally a "DESIGNER" drug, this meaning that it is designed to give a specific effect, ie: when a pill had a nice dose of MDxx + some K or something, it adds a different feeling, thus producing something good (or possibly) bad everytime, and in some way it's always different, a clean pure point of MDMA crystal will just give a you a standard MDMA rush, nothing extraordinary except a real clean head...

Anyway, as to my mate. We got a bit of nice meth last week, and couldn't get a cracky, thus ended up breaking the 11th commandment (thou shalt not burn good drugs off foil) and vaporising it of foil and using a straw. He wanted to snort the straight crystal... considering a week before he wouldn't snort jack shit.
so each to their own, do whatever you want, just don't make people inject shit!!!

Party Safe, and send me some drugs (don't ask how)