Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Renaissance , Perth, Sunday 5th March.

Flipper

Bluelighter
So who is planning on making an appearance at Renaissance this Sunday night?
I know ATOM E and myself will be there. Anyone else?
------------------
Flipper

absolutely. it is gonna be pretty special, i know many people going, and hopefully we'll all have the same pill, better be good, whatever is coming in the next day or 2.
anyone go last year. i want to know the style of music to expect, mainly from sister bliss/dave seaman. and when did it start getting a really long queue?
and on a side note, any bluelighters go to Judge Jules? What can i say other than for those 3 hrs he was the DJ equivalent of God. i have NEVER heard a set like that EVER, calling him the best in the world is no exagerration, and for those who say he is commercial just coz ministry get him to mix their CDs, ur DEAD wrong. he played one song i recognised but it didn't matter, he was God and the insane crowd was a planet in the palm of his hand.
when he left to go up the stairs of the church i actually followed him, i was simply in awe, out of this world cannot describe it.

absolutely. it is gonna be pretty special, i know many people going, and hopefully we'll all have the same pill, better be good, whatever is coming in the next day or 2.
anyone go last year. i want to know the style of music to expect, mainly from sister bliss/dave seaman. and when did it start getting a really long queue?
and on a side note, any bluelighters go to Judge Jules? What can i say other than for those 3 hrs he was the DJ equivalent of God. i have NEVER heard a set like that EVER, calling him the best in the world is no exagerration, and for those who say he is commercial just coz ministry get him to mix their CDs, ur DEAD wrong. he played one song i recognised but it didn't matter, he was God and the insane crowd was a planet in the palm of his hand.
when he left to go up the stairs of the church i actually followed him, i was simply in awe, out of this world cannot describe it.

Renaissance is going to be FUCKING FANTASTIC, as yet just like Biscuit, i dont know what they are going to play, but i am not worried in the least, i know that will some good pills sunday is going to be the best night ever! And about last Sunday at the church, i agree with you 100% biscuit, i dont think that it could have been any better, Maybe if the A1's hit harder it might have been
redface.gif
Þ Have a good one guys, hope to see you all kicking hard at Renaissance, Expecialy Brett!!!!!

Does anyone know if renaissance has sold out?
i heard that centrals have but other places? we decided last minute to go, but not sure if tickets are still available.
thanx.

it's sold out.
But there will be some tix at the door
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

Tickets at the door start selling at 8pm. There was a HUGE line for them last year so i hear, so you might want to get there VERY EARLY indeed toi ensure you get one of the 300 available. They are $50 each now mind you.
I made the mistake of leaving it to friday and we missed out
frown.gif
and I cant be bothered ruining my night lining up. We made a big one of it last night instead with a poor start at Bass Generator. Couldnt get into the crowd there though so we left and headed into NB for a fine time...
------------------
I say no to drugs.
They just dont listen!

Renaissance, I'm there!
As for jules, I think your going too far. Its the 3rd time i've seen him and I didnt think he was that special. Sure you haven't heard many of his tracks. Most big name touring DJs play promos and reallly fresh vinyl, but theres a commercial sound that is there. Being commercial is more than just playing radio tunes. Ive got one of his Ministry CDs, and track choice aside, it is one of the worst displays of mixing i've heard. Id go as far as to say I dont even think he mixed it.
Dave Chambers was the DJ that impressed me the most recently. He blew the pants off DJ Heaven at Monkey at Zanadu, and I rate Heaven as one of my favourite DJs. We were lucky enough to hear a second set from him and meet him at Vinous the following morning. Looks like a real dick, but fuck he can mix.
Roger Sanchez is another DJ that rates. His set last year at Renaissance, still rates as the best i've ever heard. Although he played a bit more of a flat underground style of house this time round, his start and finish to his set had everone going fucking nuts. For those of you who were put off by the venue, it was upstairs, which isnt too bad a place. You missed out on seeing up close one of the worlds best DJs.
Both Sanchez and Chambers made Jules look pretty poor for my money.
As for tonight, Seamen is a global underground boy, so expect a hard trancey set like the CD's he has out. Compare him maybe to Nicky Warren. Missed alot if not most of his set last year at Renaissance cause he was on around the same time as Sanchez.
Sister Bliss will be a bit of a surprise. Expecting a kinda hard house set.
Ritchie Hawtin is one of the best techno Djs in the world. Have to be into that sorta thing though.
They are the the only big name DJs im gonna check out. If its as last years it will be huge.

Well we had Renaissance in Sydney last night. Superb night, you guys are in for a treat. Sister bliss played some great house, then Seaman kicked it into overdrive with a sensational set. We had some discussion after as to whether it was house or trance. I kinda felt it was house, and very good house.
Either way, its one show not to be missed
smile.gif