• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: American Gothic

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
This is one of my favorite cancelled shows ever. It was on CBS (I believe) for a season in 1995.

Here is a link:

American Gothic on Sci-fi

Basically it was a horror/thriller type show based in Trinity, North Carolina - and the local sheriff, played by Gary Cole, seems to have a bit more power and influence than he should.. I just loved it because it was so evil, and creepy. :)

Unfortunately it couldn't last, because it was moved around the schedule so much, but it is definitely worth a watch if you happen to see it on BT or .. well anything like that ;)

it was very good, thats why they cancelled it.

there was a show on fox a long time ago called "space: above and beyond" also to cool for tv, and cancelled. This show was also re-ran on sci-fi, for a little while anyway

i watched this first time round and really enjoyed it.

i think gary cole is a great actor - he also played the dad in the brady bunch movies :)

alasdair

yes yes!! :) he did a great job. I'm glad some other BLers watched it too. I don't know anybody else IRL that saw it!

Both American Gothic and Space: Above and Beyond were awesome shows. There was another one around the same time or earlier called Earth 2 that was pretty cool as well...

It kind of pissed me off in American Gothic when the main chick (Gail?)started getting with the sheriff. I didn't really see any reason why her character would do that, especially when she was supposed to be helping and looking after the kid.

It was a pretty cool show.

Awfully dark for network tv, though.

Someone's at the door....

I remember that show. I don't think it was too dark for TV. I agree that it was the victim of a timeslot shuffle, and I also think people thought it looked like a Twin Peaks clone or something.

Space: above and beyond sucked ass however as did Earth 2.