• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Enlighten now sells reagent kits online!

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
Enlighten is now selling kits online from its fully operational buy page! Payments are handled by Paypal, and you can use a credit card if you don't have a Paypal account, or your Paypal account. If you already have a kit but would like to support us, please make use of the donation button at the top of the buy page.

Here is a piece from the page:

As Enlighten is a non-profit, volunteer organisation, 100% of profit goes back into harm reduction initiatives. We rely on donations and selling reagent kits in order to continue our work, so please support us!

Orders are only accepted within Australia, and will be sent out via Express Post at a cost of ~$AU6.30, listed on Paypal as $US4.40. Paypal does not allow transactions in Australian Dollars (AUD), so all payments are in US Dollars (USD). Payment is handled via Paypal over a secure encrypted connection (SSL), by either a credit card or Paypal account.

We will send them out Express Post the day that we accept the payment. I hope all those who have had trouble getting kits will buy them from now, and who better to buy them from! =D

Last edited:
Great news. Big
14.gif
to CM and the Enlighten Crew.

just reading what all the different testers and what they pick up on, i have a Mandelin Reagent tester but i was a bit shocked that all the other testers dont pick up on PMA... if they where sold purely for 'harm minination' shouldn't it be mandatory that all testers pick up PMA ? Seeing as how dangerous that substance is?

Originally posted by melburn_madness
just reading what all the different testers and what they pick up on, i have a Mandelin Reagent tester but i was a bit shocked that all the other testers dont pick up on PMA... if they where sold purely for 'harm minination' shouldn't it be mandatory that all testers pick up PMA ? Seeing as how dangerous that substance is?

You must remember these reagents existed long before MDMA was being used, you can't just change a reagent to allow it to pick up PMA. The best defense against taking an adulterated pill is to use multiple reagents, simply because of the limitations that exist.

Out of curiousity if some gnome wants to make some "donations" to enlighten.... what do you with personal details from CC or paypal details?

I mean who controls and sorts out the personal details and what you do with personal details once the order been send out?

Keep up with it Mac :D

Good question Urbie. Paypal handles all the transactions, so Enlighten never gets your credit card number. The only information we get is your name, and the shipping address (which you provide). The names and addresses are not used for any other purposes than the initial order, and they are kept in the Paypal transaction history as per any normal Paypal account. I use your name and address for the shipping, then there is no further use for the information.

Arrgh. "Shouldn't it be mandatory"? Who makes things mandatory? The government, who's most recent statement on testing kits is that they should be banned. The tone of your post seemed to be some kind of righteous indignation that the manufacturers of these kits are trying to rip you off by supplying an inferior product. Perhaps i'm just reading it wrong, I certainly hope so...

Firstly PMA is extremely hard to detect with a reagent kit, even Mandelin. Frankly the jury is still out as to whether Mandelin is effective at detecting PMA, especially in mixed pills. You can however detect a primary amine with a Robadope kit, PMA being a primary amine but then so is MDA. There's a million threads on this here.

This is what we admit all the time. This is why we need better forms of testing. The debate I am constantly in with the government goes like this:

Me: "People that use ecstasy should test their pills as PMA has killed people here and could kill again"

Government: "The kits aren't reliable..."

Me: "Agreed."

Government: ".. so therefore no one should test"

Me: "Er no. How about we get better testing then, say, lab testing?"

Government "mumble mumble... Abstinence... mumble"

We, the people selling and developing kits, are doing the best we can without a research budget, and in the face of extreme political resistance.

Anyways just so you know, the different kits all come from a law enforcement range of 14 reagents. Originally Marquis was selected as the one test to use for ecstasy testing as it could distinguish between MDxx, Amphetamines and pills that contain neither. ten years ago that was all you would find.

As time went on different types of substances turned up in pills and so we were forced to use more of the 14 reagents. Also manufacturers of the reagents tweaked them to make them more sensitive to certain substances, such as Mandelin being made more accurate in the detection of ketamine.

Until we make a breakthrough with nanotech, or our government allows real lab testing, this is what we have to work with.

Last edited:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, johnboy chill out, i'm 100% for what you guys do! :D I have heard you heaps of times on the radio, i LUV some responces you give to some pretty tough questions.

The reason why i ask if it should be "Shouldn't it be mandatory" is i was simpily taking the point of view of the general pubic, ie someone who doesn't know anything about the issue. And now i know the answer.

I full support and appricate what Enlighten do, its nice to see people who care so much about others that they take time out of their normal lives to help others and expect nothing in return, also working toward better drug policy. Your doing a GREAT job keep it up ! And if i ever see a chairty box with Elighten written on it i'll be sure to make a nice donation =D

The search never stops

Just to instill some hope. In the endless search for things which produce coloured compounds from reaction with selected functional groups, I've come across an old paper outlining a reagent which detects methoxy groups.

It's far from an amine test yet and to be realistic, it may not be able to be developed at all.

Even if that can be achieved, it still will not be likely to discern mono, di and trimethoxy substitutions. But as it stands, if the paper is accurate, this test clearly distinguishes a methylenedioxy only from a methoxy / methylenedioxy + methoxy. Initially I thought this would be a disadvantage - as it'd be nice to know how many substitutions and at what positions etc - but then I thought: Most people simply want to know if there's MDXX in a tablet and that MDXX is the only amphetamine/PEA present. Adding such a reagent to the current list of kits would take us a giant step forward IMO.

There's a couple of other strong candidates for this form of test, but as each is still very much an idea at this stage, it's not worth speculating too much. However, these ideas will very soon be presented to interested researchers.

I'm quite optimistic that better tests will become available. Ultimately, users will have an inexpensive hand held colorimeter which can also give a quantitative assessment. The "parts" for this are already in existence. It just takes someone putting them together and evaluating it all properly. Yep, that takes a few research dollars, but it's way overdue IMHO.

It's one area of research where everyone stands to benefit; users, health care and social workers - even law enforcement, where accurate onsite evaluation of clandestine labs often means increased safety for both intervening officers and forensic workers.

Side note to Bluelighters: If you have ever used TLC (outside conventional lab settings) for drug analysis on illicit tablets, powders etc, could you PM me. Particularly interested in anyone who had difficulty with the procedure.

I recently had to chuck out the five reagents :( so looks like i will be going through enlighten. Is there any chance enlighten can do up marquis, mecke, mandelin, simmons and robadope all in one for a cheaper price? I bought it as eze-test complete last time.

Damn! wont get through customs here in NZ :( already tried twice and failed.. Customs re-direct it back to the suppliers! TSK! had to get a mate in OZ to send it via normal post as "gift" and sweet I got the kit in a couple days LOL at that..

Originally posted by ld50 vs ssri
I recently had to chuck out the five reagents :( so looks like i will be going through enlighten. Is there any chance enlighten can do up marquis, mecke, mandelin, simmons and robadope all in one for a cheaper price? I bought it as eze-test complete last time.

I will put up a price for this next weekend and put it on the website. If you are interested please PM me.

no worries. as i said i wasn't sure of your tone. just clarifying. for everybody really.

and as for donating, well follow the link and you can donate thru paypal :)

oh and btw, as for the privacy issue please be assured that no one here takes privacy more seriously than me. i personally delete all records as soon as i can.

Last edited: