• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Taking Ecstacy with High blood presure.

eccay

Bluelighter
OK I searched for this question before posting this thread ( i didnt find the information i was looking for so PLEASE DONT CLOSE THIS THREAD. I NEED REPLYS)

OK i've been taking e for nearly 3 years. Last week i went to doctor's and he checked my blood presure and it is high (150 over 90). Is it Dangerous taking Ecstasy while my blood presure is high? Im guessing Yes? Any info would be fantastic!

THANKS PEOPLES

Ecstacy and High Blood Pressure

you could have a look here, a quick search revealed this thread.

try searching not only in AUS section of bluelight, but the whole site instead.

theres a little button where you choose which you want to search.

thanks mate... checked it out! Looks like its not a good idea to take E while having High blood presure.

What does everyone else think? Does anyone have high blood presure here that takes E?

Umm her situation is a LITTLE bit more serious then "blood pressure" dont you think???? She was born with half a heart and the doctors gave her a pacemaker and some other stuff (which she quoted in the first post to that thread)

I am posting here and asking is it a YES Or Defently NO to take ecstasy while having high blood presure. I am not saying i was going to take it! I am asking this forum so i can get some feedback, That thread is completly diffrent!! The girl has a SERIOUS problem and is 100% certain to take ecstasy even with everyone telling her not too!!!

gees.

eccay, my first post had information you were after. But anyway, from what I can gather by reading the other thread is this;

ksi said:
I think alot of the times doctors measure blood pressures, they measure it too high. Most people are stressing a bit before they go to the doctor hence their blood pressure is higher then normal.

I wouldn't worry too much if your blood pressure is slightly elevated. Your body can handle quite some strain. But I would recheck that blood pressure at home. And if you do have an elevated blood pressure maybe you are better off when you go excersing (if you dont already) and adjusting your nutrition.
But I think you will be ok. But take it easy!

*note* I edited out the small part about the calcium medication due to not being needed in this thread.

eccay said:
I am posting here and asking is it a YES Or Defently NO to take ecstasy while having high blood presure.

Well in that case no. It's never safe to take pills. Plus if you take a pill and your heart explodes then don't blame us.

But the reality of the situation is that as long as you don't take too much I'm sure you'll be fine. Just know your body and know your dose.

Hrmm So that person is suggesting it should be OK to take it while having blood presure. I was going to Consult my doctor but i do not think i would be able to ask him this question. Do you think if i rang the local chemist and ask'ed the Chemist dude there if it was OK to take E while having High blood presure he would tell me the truth or would he just automatically say NO. (which i presume he would and all doctors would just so i didnt take it because it isnt good for you in the first place and is Illegal.)

What are some other Thoughts from other Users. (BTW keystroke thanks alot for your input mate, Its exactly what i was after, Cheers)

:D

I'm sure that if you have a high blood pressure your doctor would tell you that you run an increased risk of bad shit happening if you take pills with a high blood pressure, and he would advise against it.

You already know this though. I'm not sure what you're actually asking...are you waiting for someone to tell you that taking pills is okay if you have a high blood pressure?

satricion, I spose i am trying to get some Input from users that have had high blood presure and have taken ecstacy when have had high blood presure and if it had effected them at all. OR if someone has high blood presure and has consulted a doctor regaurding takeing E with High Blood Presure.

I just want some feedback. By the looks of it, its defently not a good idea and i will not take it untill my blood presure is gone (doing tests atm to hopefully fix whats causing it or to see if its just a problem with haven the blood presure taken at the doctors, nervous etc...)

Are stimulants contraindicated in people with hypertension? Yes.

"I'd like to hear stories from people who've played Russian Roulette"...

BigTrancer ;)

docters are people like everyone else. sometimes they'll give you a srtaight answer, like "Yeh, look, it wouldn't make too much difference if you took them, but its never good for you, be careful". Other times they'll just tell you straight out NO.

Your average local docter, especially the older ones, certainly don't know everything there is to know about ecstacy and such.

On a slightly different note, I had a friend who had low blood pressure. If he smoked pot he would go pure white all over he's skin and just go catatonic and nearly die. Sometimes, if you were having a joint outside and a bit blew in the wind over towards him, he'd go real pale and he'd have to wait half an hour or so b4 he could stand up. ANyway, he was fine to take pills because they raised he's blood pressure, he found he could even smoke pot on pills/speed and be ok, although i think it ruined the uppers for him.

So maybe if you took something to lower your blood pressure first..

eccay said:
Do you think if i rang the local chemist and ask'ed the Chemist dude there if it was OK to take E while having High blood presure he would tell me the truth or would he just automatically say NO. (which i presume he would and all doctors would just so i didnt take it because it isnt good for you in the first place and is Illegal.)

He would say no. Not because he has some stigma against drugs and drug users, but because medically it's the right answer. Your blood pressure isn't ridiculously high, so you might be able to pull it off without any negative effects. You really should try to tackle the high blood pressure problem before you do any stimulant drugs.

eccay said:
Hrmm So that person is suggesting it should be OK to take it while having blood presure. I was going to Consult my doctor but i do not think i would be able to ask him this question. Do you think if i rang the local chemist and ask'ed the Chemist dude there if it was OK to take E while having High blood presure he would tell me the truth or would he just automatically say NO. (which i presume he would and all doctors would just so i didnt take it because it isnt good for you in the first place and is Illegal.)

What are some other Thoughts from other Users. (BTW keystroke thanks alot for your input mate, Its exactly what i was after, Cheers)

:D

I'm not sure asking your doctor or the chemist would be a good idea. Some doctor was absolutely full of it with me when I landed in the hospital with a cocaine-related health issue: "Don't ever take any other drugs, because if one drug affects you this way, they're ALL going to affect you this way."

But in general I'd be careful if I was you. Don't over-do it. Only you can really judge whether you're healthy enough to take the risk.

Once again, I am not a doctor, but my unlicenced advice is to take a systemic beta blocker with your stimulants. My BP hovers around 140/90 most of the time, so it needs all the help it can get whenever I take anything amphetamine based.

Thanks for the replys people :) But ill wait till the BP is down.

BTW, If i have to take BP tablets, Is it safe to take E while using the BP tablets? (mixing them etc)

I agree that taking MDMA or any other stimulant while you have high blood pressure is a dangerous idea. Risks would include a stroke or a heart attack sounds fun huh? :) Why don't you try to treat your blood pressure first? There are various things you can do to get your blood pressure down before you resort to taking medication. Some questions:
1. Do you exercise? If not, time to start.
2. Are you overweight? If so, time to lose weight.
3. Do you eat much junk food (ie: fatty and salty foods)? If so, time to cut out the crap and start eating more fruits, vegetables and grains and decreasing your intake of salt and fat.

As for your second questions, about combining MDMA with antihypertensive medication, that may depend on which medication. There are a number of distinctly different types of antihypertensive, so wait until you know if you get prescribed one and then we can try to research it for you. As for taking beta-blockers with MDMA, as suggested by liquidchakra, whether or not this is a safe practice depends on which medical reference you read. Some say this could prove dangerous as it only treats one aspect of sympathetic nervous system stimulation (that is, it leaves the alpha receptors stimulated, and only blocks the beta receptors). There have been many past discussions on this is this forum so I'm not going into it again.

Hi superbabydoc. Thanks alot for the info, much appreciated. Tests came back and everything is fine! Except for my liver is a bit farked from all the alcohol the doc said! Hasnt found the blood presure prob yet... may be a nevous thing when i go to the doctors and get it checked i may be getting nevous/stressed at the time. I currently have a 24hour monitor on my atm so it will soon tell if my BP is really high or if its just nervs! :)

thanks again ;D