Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What would you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eKLaB

Bluelighter
Do you belive in karma?

Any administrator feel free to move this to social if need be.

After having a break from the "scene", I finally got a break from work and went to a recent rave in brissy this weekend.
After a long drive and alot of waiting around I got to this pre-party and finally got hooked up.
Then what happend was really weird...this person that had sold me a few then proceed to give me another dozen, how anybody can do that I have no idea but they were already themselves off their head so I'm sure that's no help. I cant talk for others but would you ask questions about being given another dozen after paying for what you got?
Then this person had realised that they had lost them or misplaced them. Then after searching and crying on about how they would have to pay their dealer for all the lost pills, finally my conscience got the better of me and I gave them back....under the chair :).
Then what happend was a real taste of fucking karma. At this rave I lost my bag during the night somehow in my hazey state...haha I just remember trying to put rubbish in my g/f leg cause It thought it was the bin but I had no rubbish in my hand!
Then later on my friend found my bag minus the digital camera,the batterys for it and all except 2 crap orange chupa chups...funny kent, but still having the decency to leave my ID in it aswell.
So looking back I could have kept the extra pills and made my money back if I had still lost my stuff or not lost it at all.
But then thinking again maybe I was suppose to lose the bag but giving the pills back ment that I didn't lose all my stuff.

Peace Out
eKLaB

You did the right thing. Imagine how you'd feel if it was you. A dozen pills is a huge deal to some people.... and you don't take advantage of someone's misplaced generosity in a fucked-up state unless you're a massive c*nt. Because we've all been there ourselves. And if it was me, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the pills anyway because my concience would taint the experience.

Walk tall, your good karma will arrive. :)

ps .I can't believe someone nicked your stuff at a rave. Where's the "PLUR"? ;)

depends if the follow was ur mate. if he wasn't i would have kept them and enjoyed them twice as much :) (and i am not a cold person and have a lot of soul)

A smart thing may have been to tell him/her shortly after the exchange, but at the same time remind how easy it would have been to keep them, and so you should get an extra for honesty =D

I also think the message in the night may have been not to get so "distracted" that you lose your bag, or for that matter momentarily ignore your conscience ;)

I have no hesitation in saying you did the right thing
14.gif

Another thing to remember is after he snaps out of all his drugs he might remember giving them too you , then hes comming down... not good. :D

I think u did the right thing. I dunno what i would have done in situation, i think after much procrastination i would have given them back too. Definately the right thing to do. Do the math in your head, how much is 12 pills worth, could u come up with the cash to pay this money back straight up?
I have been in similar situation but not quite as extreme. Was out at a party and was pretty loved up. Saw a guy drop his wallet at the bar, I went and picked it up and tracked him down through the crowd and gave it back. He was very thankfull and greatful "ah thanx dude, woulda made for a shit night if i lost my wallet if ya know what i mean". He was pretty trashed and i'd say he had his gear in his wallet (i didn't look in it). In his greatfullness (that a word hrmm) he asked if there was anything he could do or get me, in my loved-upness I said "a piece of gum would be nice" and and he made good with 2 pieces. I was stoked at the time. Felt good about my good deed too the next day.

Beech out

If I knew the guy I would have given them back without hesitation, if I didn't know him I would have burned his ass. I say this because I have been burned by dealers before, and to take a dealers drugs would be karma (not good karma for me but most likely karma coming back to him). If it was his wallet or bag or camera or some other valuable of his I would definately give it back, to me thats stealing, but getting his drugs is all just part of the game.

Trust is everything, and the world gets smaller every day

For those who would have kept them; I've known of a dealer or two in my time that would have tracked you down, retrieved the goods, and left you with a sobering reminder about honesty!

Stealing is stealing. If you found extra $$$ in your bank account, would you keep it without question? You'd be foolish if your answer is yes, as there's greater than a 99% chance you'd have to pay it back.

In the same manner, it should be appreciated that Harm Reduction spreads to encompass your overall wellbeing, which should not be sight restricted to just the moment at hand. What if the dealer answered to a big biker parked just around the corner, or even lay awake for 3 days brewing on how to recover them? Pliers and blowtorch are still fashionable items in many areas.

Just as a side note: Many years ago I was visiting my local dealer to score some pot. I had been a bit cheesed at the value we were getting at the time, but like most people I didn't say anything. As I was walking up the path to the house, I spotted a bundle on the driveway. I picked it up to find it was a slab of Thai sticks 8o. Did I keep them? Fuck off! but when I handed them back, I was handsomely rewarded =D

Ive known a user or 20 who would probibly try to stick your head up your own arse if you went around to get your drugs back, I have seen dealers burnt before and they were scared little bitches, of course thats not to say that there are some hardcore dealers out there but truefully Im not scared of them, anything they could do to me I could do back 10 times as worse (and would). As far as the blowtorch and pliers go, I think you have been watching a little too much tv.

You wouldnt catch me handing em back unless i was really tight with the person

I become alot less honest when im off chops if i can see the slighest chance of scamming somebody i will do it ive had it done to me before so i dont really have no probs with doin it to people i dont know

Does this make me a bad person?

Been watching too much TV?

Find someone with "Comancheros" on his jacket and rob him.

I think there are two worlds of dealers out there. People selling pills in the club/rave scene are usually young and naive. They don't intend to deal for their entire lives, they don't rely on it and they don't have hardcore rivals. Then there's the older guys, the ones doing it for a living who have been in the game for 20 years and it has taken its toll on their character. It's those kinda guys you don't want to fuck over.

Anyway, I reakon you did the right thing eklab. I don't believe in karma, there's just too much evidence against it... But I do believe in being a decent, honest person :)

ummm .. without knowing any of the details about this person who first sold to you then gave you a huge score, did it ever cross your mind at the time that it might be a setup by an undercover? Might have been very interesting if you tried to on-sell these freebies

no such thing as a free bickie

no such thing as a free bickie

Unless it's offered with
24.gif
;)

As far as the blowtorch and pliers go, I think you have been watching a little too much tv.

I know a guy who can torch the paper wasps nests stuck to windows without ever breaking the glass....wouldn't want to mess with him :\

Thing is, as a past associate knows, lose a little toe to such a payback, and you can be fucked for life. A 25 year limp (bone damage to foot from heat) can prematurely wear hip joints. A short prison sentence might even be preferable?

And the comeback; I'd do worse to them... hardly applies unless you live like a commando already. Even then, a couple of days staking you out before a hit doesn't give you a lot chance. First hit is all that matters if the assailant has their shit together.

I'm not saying every small dealer of pills is up to this sort of revenge seeking /executing. But the point is to stress that thieving is just that - walk out of a shop with something which inadvertently slipped by the cashier... It's all the same to me, but those of such intent rarely get a chance with this crew :X

Gold DE - "You wouldnt catch me handing em back unless i was really tight with the person

I become alot less honest when im off chops if i can see the slighest chance of scamming somebody i will do it ive had it done to me before so i dont really have no probs with doin it to people i dont know

Does this make me a bad person?"

^^^^ I dont think that makes you a bad person as such but guess it makes ya a dodgy dude ;)
Strange that you get less honest when off chops and are more likely to scam somebody. Me and most of my group become a lot more honest and open, even when totally trashed we all still look out for each other and ppl we dont know. Eg. At recent warehouse party coming back from car mission we noticed a random guy had left his interior light on and passenger door was open, we pointed this out to him to save him a flat battery and some fucka rolling his car. I guess some people would not tell him and wait for him to leave and roll his car for valuables or possible party aids.
I know what sorta person i prefer to be

Beech out

^ Loss of inhibitions doesn't necessarily make people more loving or honest. E isn't necessarily a love drug, it just removes the social filters...

BigTrancer :)

"Find someone with "Comancheros" on his jacket and rob him. "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, are you scared of bikers? They are the biggest wusses in the whole fuken world. They get their strength from numbers and intimidation, absolutely fucken weak asses. One on one I would stand up to any biker and would bet the fucken house on it that I would end up being the one jumping on that weak bitches fucken face. I know the Club President of the Geelong chapter of the Bandido's, and most of these guys are just regular blokes. And besides, I have hundreds of friends that would come to my side if the shit ever hit the fan, also I am a boiler maker and I can use a oxy torch better then anyone I know, so bring it on.

phase_dancer said:
Unless it's offered with
24.gif
;)

And the comeback; I'd do worse to them... hardly applies unless you live like a commando already. Even then, a couple of days staking you out before a hit doesn't give you a lot chance. First hit is all that matters if the assailant has their shit together.

HAHAHAHAHA, staking my house out because I ripped them for a few pills. Does the word paranoid mean anything to you? And would I do worse to them? hell yeah, if anyone ever tried to hurt me, my missus, my family, my friends, my car or even my fucken dog they would want to live on the moon because I would rain all hells fury on their asses. And if anyone here says that they wouldn't defend themselves or would let someone attack them or intimidate them, then they need to have good hard look at themselves in the mirror and rethink their life.

Wow, this thread has taken an off topic turn for the worse.

Eklab, you did the right thing, you were honest. It might not seem that karma worked straight away, but sometimes it seems that you have to dish out a lot of karma before it comes back. Eventually something will turn up in your favour, hopefully when you need it most.

As for some of the other comments in here, ppl shouldnt really judge things on only what they know or expect. Its what you dont know or dont expect that may bite you in the arse, possibly much harder than you thought.

You did the right thing, believe me :). Karma is a universal, cyclic process throughout death and rebirth. If the guy found out he may have re-encaded the karma by man :\

Personally I wouldn't deal with phychos like that, but I would be damned if I'd let anyone touch me and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.