Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

smoking da rock (good or bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummE

Bluelighter
Over the last say 6 months now, I met a few peoples who been getting in to the rocka a fair bit. Mostly smoking on average a packet a day. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that a lot of people are changing(going a bit of nuts) and just wondering what everyone else is thinking.
Coz its only in the last year people have been smoking it. And everyone u talk to knows someone going nuts on the rock. I don't smoke it anymore ever, just because i was watching everyone lose it. Is it to do with smoking choof with it, or is it everyone just coming to terms with a new drug(smokable rock)??.I wouldn't say i have that much experience in the drug scene, but i've been around for the last 5 years consuming as an end user. Also what is rock, is it the same as crystal meth??? So many questions, any info or feedback greatly appriecaited. Cheers

Hmmmm 8) Define a packet ? whats the weight ? like all amphetamines, Da rock is not good for you what up yo hey g hoodlum 8) 8)

Im in know way helping you here but i cant stand DA LANGUAGE

Waiting to be flamed by someone for being an ass but oh well!

Should this be in the Health Q&A forum ?

Yo yumme

good post , It is very bad to have friends smoking a 50 bag a day , when my friend did it this year he was going crazy untill my mates and I did something about it and got him to stop it. The only problem is the last couple of weeks hes been doing it again and I can see him slipping into the same problems as before :\ .

Seriously i would recommened you to try and get your friends from stop smoking the rock everyday , It could lead to a number of things even losing friends like my mate did.

Requiem for a dream is a good one to show them , opens there eyes a bit.

Ofcoarse everyone is different though , some people can handle smoking the rock everyday but it won't last for long , if you can see some problems developing , do not let it get worse

Glad to see your concerned with your mates

Take care :D
joe

ps. All speed/rock/whatever is aust is Methamphetamine , so yes rock is meth and speed is just cut meth. You may also find some ice which is a similar but different substance.Ofcoarse coccain rocks is different though but im assuming meth use from your post.

Last edited:
Rock is also a term for crack cocaine but that's rarer in Australia than meth.

Honestly, over 10 years or so I've seen three clear cycles of meth increasing in popularity and declining again within my social network. It's been a popular and available drug in various countries for over a century and in Japan, the meth "epidemic" has lasted over 30 years.

To answer your question, yes you will notice your friends going nuts if they smoke everyday. This is called methampetamine psychosis and is reversible if the user stops smoking and gets some rest. However, prolonged sessions can cause permanent damage. Unfortunately it's pretty tricky to convince someone who's psychotic that the weird things they're "seeing" aren't real and they can end up being a risk to themselves and others. My strategy has always been "duck and cover" - i.e. find new friends :)

There is truckloads of good information on this site about people's experiences with meth - try using the search engine for "methamphetamine".

bill joe said:

ps. All speed/rock/whatever is aust is Methamphetamine , so yes rock is meth and speed is just cut meth. You may also find some ice which is a similar but different substance.

Hmm, well hate to be picky but that's not quite true.

It would probably help if you could clarify what exactly it is that you are talking about. Are we talking crack cocaine, speed, or meth? Regardless of what it is they are using or how they are administrating it (ie snorting, eating, smoking) taking uppers everyday is going to send you batty.

(PS do a search for a thread called my nanna cant tell the difference between amphetamines and methamphetamines for some good info)

I dont think hes talking about coccain though , so thats the reason i didnt add that in.

he's probably talking about crystal meth, and i'd strongly suggest AGAINST smoking it, whether it be everyday or otherwise. I've seen a few workmates/friends get really messed up on the stuff.

but like all things.... perhaps in moderation? if you have the mindset to not continue use everyday.

A point a day isnt really that bad.. as long as you get some sleep - I regularly smoke 5ish points a weekend but dont tweak during the week...

Yeah man it sends you batty

If someone can smoke one point a day with a weeks worth of meth sitting there regulary then they are probably strong enough (at the moment) not to get carried away.

Last edited:
I probably smoke half a point before going out, and half a point when coming home... I think I'm a light weight :p

evandar said:
A point a day isnt really that bad.. as long as you get some sleep - I regularly smoke 5ish points a weekend but dont tweak during the week...

But there is a massive difference between smoking 5 points in one weekend, then 1 point over 5 days, because you won't get any decent sleep for the 5 days.

And 5ish points in a weekend! Woah baby!

Depends on what sorta "Rock" yummE means. Is he/she talking about the shit you find on the ground outside, like dirt rocks, or mud?? Crack/Cocaine, 4-MAR, Methamphetamine, LSD rubbed on dirty rocks off the ground, or... I'll leave it there.

Erm... But if you're talking about Methamphetamine, sometimes reffered to as "Ice" here in Australia and your mates are hitting that crap up ever single day, tell them to take a visit to Erowid... or even here for some info on what they are going to do to themselves over a long period of time.

Heck, I know some people that have smoked it everyday for only a month or two that say they're permanantly screwed from abusing that shit. But I suppose it al depends on the individual.

Tell your friends to get their shit together, if they use their superhuman powers on you for doing this, then just throw em in the looney bin. ;-)

I'm assuming he's talking about crystal meth.

One of my mates had been smoking for about two months, lost a heap of weight from not eating enough and lack of sleep. A week ago he had a shroom trip which brought everyhting into focus for him and made him see what he was doing. He's stopped with the meth, which I definitely regard as a positive.

assuming (meth)amphetamine, like others said, yes smokin(or whatever) this every day will lead to a psycosis of sorts.

You can take mushrooms/acid/etc every day of the week for months on end and you wont be half as nutty as the neighbourhood speed freak.

Amphetamine users are among the most paranoid/delusional people around.

speed is the devil. If you can do it in moderation, ie; once a month or less IMO, then, thats probably ok for most. However, its one damn addictive substance and I, like many others, have found the best way to deal with this substance is to give it the permament boot.

P.S

This is not a new thing as you have suggested, obviously within your circle, but don't worry dude, people have been going nutty from this stuff for many many years.

ya's pretty much covered it all, i was talking about ice/ shabz/ cut ice?? and packet = 1 point.

gospeedgo, bill joe, aunty establishment, chucky, ya's pretty much hit the nail on the head,
but aunty establishment i'm not one to kick back and watch my mates self destruct, anyways cheers for the info, exactly what i was looking 4. And I'm with hee, rock is badddd....evil =\ but everything in moderation

This is not a new thing as you have suggested, obviously within your circle, but don't worry dude, people have been going nutty from this stuff for many many years.

hehe, very reasuring.

Yes, there isn't much GOOD about meth, its pretty damn evil. Ive seen friends get addicted too. they end up choosing drugs over friends all too often.

I for one, are for the decriminalization of MDMA, but noway in HELLLLL should methamphetamine EVER, EVER get that treatment.

decriminalization of MDMA.. mm tastyyyyy =)
yummEE glad u listened to us all.. and its plain to see how bad rock can be, but ure right.. in moderation.. but be areful =) mmwaaa

Meth is the kinda of drug you love taking, but hate being on. Well thats what its like for me.

MDMA is don't really like taking, but I love being on it.

Its a strange seperation. But with Meth, wanting it, anticapating it, is more than half the fun!

Meth isn't for me. Which is good. :p

Now that we've got the language barrier out of the way, is there any specific questions in this thread not covered by previous methamphetamine threads? There are many discussions on meth on this forum and the other drug discussion forums on BL that could be helpful, please try the search button.

BigTrancer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.