Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm melting!

Sllip

Bluelighter
Well not me, my meth.

On the weekend I got some meth from a solid source. As per usualy it's solid crystal, maybe with a hint of yellow, but nothing out of the ordinary. So we poured out a few crystals, but then got distracted and they were left on the mirror for about an hour. When we went back to the mirror some of the smaller crystals had melted into a gummy liquid. And the longer we left the crystals out the more melted. All that we left with is a goey mess. Even putting the mess into the freezer made no difference, it was still all goey. To make it more interesting the stuff air tight in a baggie didn't melt.

Also cutting it down with salt or suger didn't help it more rackable, and in the end we flushed it down the drain becuase there was too much of an X factor.

So can anyone offer some explinations?

This is not uncommon. If i wasn't so lazy right now I'd link you to a heap of threads.
Seek and ye shall find an answer :)

Ignore Winsom thats stupid and dangerous advice to give. IV'ing bypass's the body's natural filters and your suspicious of the substance in front of you.

I like your style :)

You flushed it? Why? Should of just dabbed 20 - 40mg onto your tounge and washed it down... methamphetamine has a very strong taste, you can't miss it (plus you would get high).

^^^^

I flushed it because I wasn't sure of it. I'm just not that desparate to get that fucked up. And also it was impossible to rack lines with it.

Pffft... Should of at least tried to smoke it then.

I am sickened by the stupid advice given in this thread. Regardless if it was said as a joke, this is a harm reduction board, which attempts to give the safest advice when it comes to taking potentially dangerous substances.

stupid advice? hehehe. something that you have to remember is that pretty much everyone that comes to this board is a drug user, and drug users dont like to see someone waste their shit, in all honousty if you were really concerned with harm reduction you would be telling everyone that comes here to not take drugs at all.

I am sickened by the stupid advice given in this thread. Regardless if it was said as a joke, this is a harm reduction board, which attempts to give the safest advice when it comes to taking potentially dangerous substances.
Way to overact... he bought it from a trusted source... it looked like crystal. He should of dabbed a tiny bit on his tounge, if it was methamphetamine, he would of known.

Our crystal does this all the time... we live in Australia ffs, plenty of moisture in the air... especially when the meth is quite pure it can easily turn back into a liquid.

Basically you wasted good meth (crystal too) pretty much... you could of at least tasted it instead of flushing.

In answer to the original question, methamphetamine is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs moisture from the air which can turn it from a solid to a liquid. Erowid has an image with the caption "Note the small drops of water forming due to the hygroscopic nature of the material." The solution is to limit the moisture in the air/and or the air flow. Storing it in an air tight container such as a glass jar with a rubber seal should solve the problem. Unfortunately in this case it had been improperly stored previously and not much could be done.

Originally posted by my innerself
stupid advice? hehehe. something that you have to remember is that pretty much everyone that comes to this board is a drug user, and drug users dont like to see someone waste their shit, in all honousty if you were really concerned with harm reduction you would be telling everyone that comes here to not take drugs at all.

Harm Reduction is not telling people to use or not use drugs. It is about providing factual information that allows them to use a drug safer by minimising the risks as much as possible. What you are suggesting is zero tolerance, not harm reduction, know what you are talking about before you begin to say I am not concerned with harm reduction.

Originally posted by Chubba75
Way to overact... he bought it from a trusted source... it looked like crystal. He should of dabbed a tiny bit on his tounge, if it was methamphetamine, he would of known.

I wasn't arguing that it was or was not crystal. My comment was directed at the guinea-pig mentality that suggested if you aren't sure just take it anyway.

Last edited:
Cowboy Mac is very much the harm reductionist. Sure, most people on here are drug users, but some of us are more concerned about our health than others - and if you really aren't sure, maybe it's better not to consume the substance. Obviously if you are going to have a taste, better a small amount orally than IVing it!!

I'm curious though, is this standard behaviour for methamphetamine, to melt?

I'm with Cowboy here. If you don't give a fuck about your body... Do as you wish. But don't go putting people down for playing it safe. I suspect you would end up in hospital sooner then CowboyMac or Sllip...

Sheesh :Roll:8(

Errn... I can't believe how worked up you's are getting over something so little.

Gutter Crystal made from Methcathinone decomposes like that within ten minutes of being left in the open, people in Perth used to flog it off as proper meth to unsuspecting buyers. . .It's shit stuff and I wouldn't have touched it either. :\

I obvisouly can't say for sure that's what it is, but i wouldn't be surprised. In all my years with meth I never EVER saw real meth liquify like what you explained (without a fat flame underneath it in a pipe, that is! ;))

When in doubt, go without. . .wise indeed. . .

I obvisouly can't say for sure that's what it is, but i wouldn't be surprised. In all my years with meth I never EVER saw real meth liquify like what you explained (without a fat flame underneath it in a pipe, that is! )
Our "Ice" in Australia did it all the time, accidently left it in a spoon for 30 minutes... come back and it's nearly dissolved itself.

Like I said, you probably wasted some awesome crystal :D

yeah, meth that liquifies is probably actually quite pure. some dealers will actually put in cutting agents to prevent this from happening. as posted above, meth is hygroscopic so in a warm, humid room it will absorb water molecules and get wet. cutting agents that don't as easily absorb water will prevent that.

anyways, assuming you trust your source, the situation described is nothing unusual, so your best bet would have been to sop it up and parachute it...

my innerself said:

Yeah, whatever. How about something you should remember mate;

Just because somesone finds someone else throwing away their gear objectionable doesn't mean they have the right to give them stupid advice, or comment on it at all.

Also, Einstein, telling people not to take drugs doesn't work, does it? Evidently education and information are the best methods of harm reduction, hence what Cowboy Mac is doing. I suggest you hold your tongue in future. :)

[edit - I just realised CBM already addressed meth being hygroscopic, so ignore this if ya want :]

Sllip; methamphetamine is hygroscopic, which basically means it draws water out of the air around it. You know those little 'silica gel' packets you get in things that need to be kept dry? e.g. inside vitamin bottles? They're in there because they're hygroscopic too. The best thing you can do is keep it in an environment where there's not a lot of moisture around for it to absorb, so an air tight and dry container is the go.

:)