Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: The Three Caballeros

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
The Three Caballeros -- better than Fantasia IMHO

I recently watched Disney's 1945 film The Three Caballeros for the first time since I was a tot, and for the first time on shrooms. I have to say I prefer it to Fantasia, and consider it Disney's best psychedelic work.

This film is seriously underrated. The reviews it got on Amazon.com were decidedly "meh". Yes, I'm aware it's a US government underwritted propaganda rag, portraying Latin America as an exotic, sensual, laid back, goofy place. What a tragedy it would if Communism made inroads there in the late 40s. ;) But haven't we let that era slide into history?

This film drew me in as a kid, and I got some of the song loops stuck in my head for years. I kept hearing songs when I watched it, and said to myself, "Oh wow, so THAT's where that kooky riff I keep remembering comes from!" Also, the animation was quite advanced for that time.

My g/f described the film as "intense and random", and didn't much care for it. I admit it starts with a plot and then unravels, but I don't ask much of cartoons.

Last edited: