Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lawsuit claiming CIA put LSD in vet's drink in 1957 can proceed

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
From here:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A former deputy U.S. marshal and Marine Corps veteran who claims the CIA slipped LSD into his drink in 1957 as part of a mind-control project offered enough evidence to send his $12 million lawsuit to trial, a federal judge ruled Monday.

Chief U.S. District Judge Marilyn Hall Patel ruled in favor of Wayne Ritchie, citing an apparent admission from a former CIA operative.

"I drugged guys involved in about 10, 12 (instances)," former federal narcotics agent Ira Feldman, who worked for the CIA's Project MKULTRA, told Ritchie's lawyer in a sworn deposition in February 2003. "I didn't do any follow-up. ... You just back away and let them worry like this nitwit, Ritchie."

Ritchie, 75, believes he may have been a guinea pig for the CIA's MKULTRA project, in which LSD and other drugs were given to hundreds of unsuspecting Americans during the Cold War.

Ritchie believes his drinks at a 1957 office Christmas party attended by a federal agent involved in the project were spiked.

The government denies drugging Ritchie and accuse him of concocting the theory to cash in on publicity about MKULTRA, the subject of congressional hearings in the 1970s and a 1997 movie.

What's coming out now under the US constitutions FOI is amazing. I'm sure we'll hear many more of these stories, despite that it could mean big payouts eventually.

This thread by johnboy on American soldiers is worth reading, although the link to the mpg is down. Maybe it could be rehosted temporarily if there's interest?

Hilarious newsreel: Testing LSD on Soldiers

^^ That thing was a cracker, if anyone knows where it can be found I'd love to see it again. :)

As for this case... I doubt that Mr. Ritchie was actually seriously troubled by this incident, although I guess it's possible. Looks like he's after the money more than anything.

:)

A 14mb version of the footage of LSD being tested on British soldiers can be downloaded from here. I love the bit where the soldier climbs a tree to feed the birds, its gold!

Last edited:
In the 1950s, the CIA began experimenting with mind-control as part of an infamous program known as MK Ultra. The agency shredded all its documentation on the program in the 1970s, but several details have been leaked and subsequently proven. In the 1950s, the agency discovered LSD. Its chief scientist, Sidney Gottlieb, experimented with the drug extensively — on himself and others. According to the New York Times, "the agency conducted 149 separate mind-control experiments, and as many as 25 involved unwitting subjects. First-hand testimony, fragmentary Government documents and court records show that at least one participant died, others went mad, and still others suffered psychological damage after participating in the project, known as MK Ultra. The experiments were useless, Gottlieb concluded in 1972, shortly before he retired." One of the most notorious MK Ultra projects involved using San Francisco hookers to dose unsuspecting clients and filming the results.

MKDELTA, MKSEARCH, and sure to be many highly classified and current tangential tentacles.

some cool stuff here

also for anyone interested The Search for the Manchurian Candidate by John Marks is a key read

This is some pretty crazy stuff but I can't say I'm suprised. I've always believed the US isn't who they portray themselves to be, they are just good at covering things up, or at least were... Interesting how far this goes before the old man dissapears or dies from natural causes.

I've always believed the US isn't who they portray themselves to be, they are just good at covering things up, or at least were...

On the contrary.. I think the US always has, and continues to be notoriously bad at covering things up.

Reason I said that though is because they seem to get away with everything they do. As soon as something bad happens it doesn't stay around for long... so although some people do hear about the wrongs or maybe even alot not many remember them.

EG the new WWII memorial they now have, coincidence that they are basically at war at the moment and stuffing it up? So while they might not be good at completely covering things up they are smart enough to cover it up by moving on.

So while they might not be good at completely covering things up they are smart enough to cover it up by moving on.

To be fair.. Construction did start on that memorial 16 or so years ago, and it was built using over 90% privately donated funds. To say its completion deliberately coincides with the situation in Iraq is probably a bit of a streach.

[Clicky]