Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

eating Nurofen

pinkanga

Bluelighter
Iknow there's other threads out there.... but how could sick could u possibly get after eating 6 of th N+ halves of Nurofen Plus if they turn out to be the ibuprofen not codeine? (as I have just done)

Cheers.

apparently the ld50 is 171mg/kg for man

you'll need to eat a whole lot more than 6 halves to kill yourself

to get sick? i doubt it could be that bad.

was the stuff bitter? if yes, then you probably got the right side :)

N+ is ibuprofen & coneine, no?

On tuesday I am have a nereve extracted out of a tooth for a root canal on one of my molars. I am using N+ in conjuntion with some anti-biotics to keep the swelling and the infection rate down in the mean time. Hopefully I won't have to switch to a more powerful pain killer in the mean time.

Anyways, I was under the impression that N+ had Ibuprofen and Codiene.

^^ Raving, yeah it contains both, but apparently the pills can be split in two (they can) with codeine one side and ibuprofen the other. Split the pill horizontally not vertically and the codeine should be in the N+ side. (Sometimes that is not the case apparently, as in my question). :)

Thanx Moebro

Large doses of ibuprofen can cause stomach problems and digestive difficulties - it's an irritant to the stomach lining. Massive doses or long term use has been known to cause ulcers. But I highly doubt six halves will do that to you. At worst you might feel a little nauseous or crampy.

6 halves = 3 "whole tablets"... even if you got the wrong side, its only 1 tablet more than the recommended 2.... its not as dangerous as APAP; you should be fine :)

Remember Velocidex, its a different substance in each half of the tablet.... so 6 halves still equals 6 tablets, or 3 x the recommended dosage. It wasnt a huge concern, but it turned out sweet anyway.

Thanks for the replies :)

^^ glad to hear it turned out ok :)

but thats a bit concerning .... codeine isnt always on the N+ side?

(seriously didnt like the sound of that water extraction method lol)

its worth pointing out that with a doctors supervision you can take up to double the amount per day, which implies some level of safety

just don't smoke too much weed when you've had alot of neurofen (4 normals), i remember a certain party i went to after basketball, where i done my knee a serious mischief. After about 5 cones i had the most piercing pain through my head- it felt like it was suspended on spikes with any movement ramming the spikes further into my brain. I then ended up passing out on top of two stubbies which felt like a small piece of string down my spine.... lucky i was young and didn't damage my back in anyway.

Nurofen plus (codeine)
6 tablets shouldn't cause any problems as a one off (wouldn't want to do it often though). As VelocideX pointed out, a Dr will somtimes prescribe the equivalent of 4 200mg tablets 4 times a day.

8o 8o

800mg ibuprofen tablets do exist (punch "800mg ibuprofen" into google, non-believers!). I don't think they're available in Australia however.

:)

"seriously didnt like the sound of that water extraction method lol"

Pippin << the extraction technique is easy and it gets most of the paracetamol out of OTC "Pain Tablets," which are better than Nurofen Plus to extract from.

"The N+ side is always codeine."

twonk << not any more. As I understand it, some (older) batches are, the newer ones aren't. I've had some bad experiences with Nurofen+ batches that weren't splittable (i.e. having N+ side codeine).

Too much Ibuprofen makes for a disgusting codeine high if nothing else, but bear in mind the risk of stomach problems. I use recreational doses of 300-500mg... if you do the same it's worth learning how to do the cold water extraction in terms of monetary cost, cost to your health and enjoyment of the high. Codeine goes well with trips, benzodiazepines and cannabis.

Just for the record, the approx. 72mg of Codiene that I got out of the 6 N+ halves was pretty nice. I had 6 halves one night and another 6 the next night and both times it appeared to be codeine.....nothin spesh, just heaps relaxing.

Yeah - recently I've been getting a lot of N+ pills that seem "soft"... the N+ isn't well pressed into the pill, and you can't split them. Some pharmacies (my locals) still have the good, hard, splittables... while most of the online pharmacies I've tried recently have the crumbly bastards. :(

i always took the N+ side worked fine for me when every time i tried codeine.
put one of either side in your mouth for a taste test anyway. the codeine side will taste alot different to the ibuprofen side

Winsom - Put the tablet on one of it's flat sides, with the N+ facing you... now get a knife and push down gently along the length of the top of the pill (knife will be sideways, not forwards). If you have the good splittables, the N+ side (codeine) facing you should basically pop away with two convex sides (basically looking like a smaller version of the whole N+ tablet), leaving the ibupfrofen side looking like it was just stuck on as an afterthought. If you have the new, evil, "unsplittables" the tablet will just crumble into a depressing pile of powder and chunks (possibly just two chunks - but definitely not the cleanly split halves of the "splittables") leaving you wondering why god hates you.

with the n+ on it
scratch the side of if and youll see a fine line, they split very easily