Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methlyone / MBDB availability in Australia

VelocideX

Bluelighter
I'm not asking for a source.

I'm wondering how hard it is to obtain in oz... any of you have experiences with it?

could you please explain what it is for ppl like me who have no idea :)

Methylone is a research chemical, your not going to be able to buy it locally, so it would be as easy/hard to get it as any other research chemical. MDBD or 'Eden' as the media likes to call it is closely related to MDMA, and would carry the same penalty as importing MDMA so you certainly wouldn't want to fuck around with that one.

Analogues/homologues Law: up to six carbons

About 4 years ago a large shipment of MBDB was seized coming into Mooloolaba (SE Qld) harbour. The drug was quickly scheduled, and as the guys responsible also had MDMA they were charged big time. MBDB or methyl J is a homologue of MDMA meaning it has one more carbon "link" in the carbon side chain.

Aside from the one time legality of the substance itself - MDMA and precursors by that time had long been scheduled - MBDB allowed producers to obtain a legal ketone without question. As seen with MDMA analogues such as MDEA, this allowed large amounts to be made before regulations came into play.

In this regard I think we've probably seen most of the MDMA like compounds from PiHKAL already exploited - passed off as a pseudo-legal substitute as E. We know precursor availability can play a big part in amount of a drug produced globally, but with analogues laws the way they are, the advantages of this strategy would be less today than 5 years ago.

It's then quite simple to see why it's not around much at all today. It was never regarded by most as a good substitute for MDMA anyway, and the fact that the ketone cannot now be obtained easily means synthetic paths normally used to make MDBD would be uneconomical. The procedure would likely start from piperonal in condensation with nitropropane or nitropropene. MDMA from nitroethane would be a much more logical approach if that was the producers intent, as the nitro compound is OTC if you know exactly where to look.

fair enough.... just always thought its curious considering ive heard a lot of us / european people talk about methylone but never once heard it mentioned in an aussie context.

Methylone is truly lovely. Supremely relaxing, open, friendly. Damn... you made me want more.

One time a couple of years ago I obtained a sample which was given to me as 'Eden' and I was told that it came from SE QLD... in order to check if it was really MBDB, I packaged it up carefully and posted it to a pill-testing laboratory in the EU for analysis, but unfortunately it disappeared en route never to be seen again.

BigTrancer :)

Yeah, i've orded MBDB succesfully on multiple occasions, customs once stopped my 5meo-dipt but they did hand it over once i showed them i.d.
... there is 2 sites that stock these compounds (MBDB) , ask for a m.s.d.s sheet when ordering, that way customs can't really annoy you ....peace

customs once stopped my 5meo-dipt but they did hand it over once i showed them i.d.
*blink* ... so 5-MEO-DIPT is legal to import into Oz as long as you can prove you're 18+ ???

Yeah mate, once customs have your details they are cool with it, i've spoken to the officers down there and basically they like to keep a track of were these compounds are going and who's using them, just incase you start dealing or end up killing someone you've passed the compounds on to. I've had numerous pacels opened and tested in their lab for analysis, but they have always passed them on to me a few day later. Just make sure you order a material safety data sheet with them so it "legitimises" your import. Im in Adelaide by the way, not sure about the other states ? But remember your details will be on a database and the police may visit your home for investigation.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing what you've learnt about it so far

A friend actually ordered some phenethylamines a couple months ago and was surprised to see the "Opened by Customs for inspection" sticker on it. Opening it he found a hard envelope which hadn't been opened, and inside that was a plastic sachet containing the powder compound. I wonder if customs did open it, and replaced the original envelope with the new one ... either that, OR they simply opened the package but didn't open the inside envelope??? There was no chem data sheet, but I don't see how that makes much difference to the legitimacy of the order when most legit people (chemists etc) would be able to download the data sheet off the net before they even placed an order for it? Either way it was sent to him without any delay. He doesn't deal (like myself he's against it) and only has small personal amounts so he's not worried, just curious. he didn't have to sign anything from customs, so do you think customs knows?

Last edited:
BigTrancer said:
One time a couple of years ago I obtained a sample which was given to me as 'Eden' and I was told that it came from SE QLD... in order to check if it was really MBDB, I packaged it up carefully and posted it to a pill-testing laboratory in the EU for analysis, but unfortunately it disappeared en route never to be seen again.

BigTrancer :)

that sucks :\

Are there any home test kits that would be able to give reliable testing for this? or is it too similar to MDMA/MDEA for a kit to distinguish?

Are there any home test kits that would be able to give reliable testing for this? or is it too similar to MDMA/MDEA for a kit to distinguish?

Unfortunately this is the case at present.

don't know about MBDB but Methylone tests clear urine-yellow with Marquis.