Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Cafe closed after alleged drug find

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
Cafe closed after alleged drug find
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,9624000%5E1702,00.html
21may04

A CAFE in Sydney's Kings Cross has been closed by police for 72 hours after a drug raid allegedly uncovered cannabis.

Police today obtained a court order to shut Piccolo Bar, in Roslyn Street, from 5pm (AEST) after cannabis was allegedly found during a raid last Thursday.
A 46-year-old Kings Cross man was charged with supplying a prohibited drug.

He was granted bail and will appear at the Downing Centre Local Court on June 4.

Kings Cross Local Area Commander Superintendent Dave Darcy said the cafe was the third business to be shut down since legislation allowing police to close down premises suspected of supplying drugs was introduced last February.

Karma Cafe, also on Roslyn Street, was the first to be closed in February.

Police said they had been investigating the ongoing supply of cannabis from that cafe, executing four search warrants since January 2002. Drugs were found on three occasions.

Another Kings Cross cafe, in Ward Street, was closed last May following a three-month operation by the local area drug unit.

Another Kings Cross cafe, in Ward Street, was closed last May following a three-month operation by the local area drug unit.

It took them three months to close the place down. How long does it take to walk in ask for some dope and leave, I thought that would have been enough evidence lol.

Anyway, it seems these cafe are starting to pop up everywhere these days, wouldn't surprise me if this is just another wedge in the anti drug war.

I cant believe they only found drugs on 3 occasions, since Jan '02 (sounds like a real extensive operation).
And 2 cafes in Roslyn st. One after the other, wondering about the ownership of the 2.