Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin, good or bad???

my innerself

Bluelighter
In light of the "throwing up after smoking H" thread started by drugfuked, I have decided to start a thread to educate me a little on Heroin. If you read the last few comments on that thread it appears that some people seem to think that heroin is relatively harmless. Personally I have only ever spewed from drinking heaps of alcohol, and yes it is your body saying that this shit is no good for you because alcohol is poison. And I dont need to be a user of heroin to know how bad it is. And personally I would be pretty annoyed if there are people that would get on a harm reduction site and promote Heroin and knock people for telling people to stear clear from it. So enlighten me, tell the pro's and con's of heroin.

Having not tried it myself, I can't really give you any feedback, however, it's not too hard to find a bit of info by doing a search around here or Erowid

Here's a few trip reports:

Heroin (IV) - First time - Amazing feeling of warmth and well-being

Heroin - Semi-Experienced - The Ho Hum drug

Heroin (snorted) -- First time -- Euphoric state

Heroin (snorted) - 2nd time - Never so sick in my life

You might also want to read this piece that was posted in words a while back (and now sits on best of bluelight).

Monkey on my back... by habitual offender.

Never done H, but this is 2nd hand knowledge i have received:

Pro's - VERY low toxicity, very safe in terms of that.
- Feel's awesome
- Can be used and still be social

Cons - Highly Addictive
- Causes severe constipation
- Needles (if you use them and consider that a con...)
- loss of appetite
- I think the biggest issue with heroin is the HABITS that form when using. Not so much the drug itself (until you're hooked), but the way you interact with other socially etc.
- another one i've heard of is people getting puffy faced.

Feel free to rip this to shreds, it's just what i've heard from others and some users.

There are risks associated with every drug, and the danger of potential addiction is the one most people think of. I find it funny that drug users will look down at a heroin user, simply because of pre-existing social stigma, then wonder why people think them doing ecstasy is wrong. I don't use opiates, but I still think people are entitled to their own choice when it comes to their preferred drug.

Can be used and still be social

On morphine and oxycodone I didn't feel social at all, just content to sit there. I felt like I had the IQ of a 5 year old and whatever brain capacity I had I certainly didn't want to use. ;)

Pros:
Not a neurotoxin.
Easy on your body.
Pleasures you in a unique way that feels great.

Cons:
Makes you constipated.
Difficult to piss while on it.
Very addictive.

I've had heroin a few times (snorted) and I don't ever plan to have it again. In my opinion, heroin isn't a "fun" drug. It just pleasures you...it gives you a beautiful feeling of warmth throughout your body and clouds your mind, stopping you from feeling any pain. It's like nothing could ever make you sad, there's no fear or anxiety or anything. You slip into this opiate-haze (nodding) where you're not unconcious and not completely concious...it's almost as though you couldn't be bothered being concious anymore.

But that's just it...there's no anything. Heroin pleasures you but it's not fun in the way other drugs are. Weed is fun and pills are fun but heroin just pleasures you. It's impossible to feel bad on it, but you don't feel truly good either.

I think whether or not you like heroin depends on what you're looking for out of drugs. I'm looking for something that is lots of fun...something that afterwards I can think 'yeah I had a good time on that', and I get that even when I just smoke weed alone and download stupid crap off the internet. I get that after a night on pills, and so on. But heroin doesn't leave me with that feeling.

That said, heaps of people love it to the point of turning it into a lifestyle, so you might like it as well.

Oh and yeah, it is as addictive as people say. You will feel it after one use. You will find yourself trying to convince yourself to do more. It will sneak into your thoughts without you realising, or it will beat your other thoughts down and replace it with "Smack: It's so tops! Let's do some!" I don't feel that I have the maturity or drug experience to use smack with any sort of regularity and keep it recreational, and so I'm staying away from it.

Oh and ps, the fact that a drug makes you vomit has nothing to do with how good it is for you...I often vomit from pills, seeds with LSA in them frequently make you vomit, and so on. This is just something that people who have never had smack and have an unreasoning fear of it will bring up to rubbish people who use it.

I have no issue with H users, and kinda would like to try it once myself, however I think there is nothing wrong with people fearing it's highly addictive properties.

Thats why I haven't tried it.

Psychadelic_Paisly said:

Cons - Needles (if you use them and consider that a con...)

Just like to point out that H can be snorted or smoked too. It's just that slamming herion has been rammed down our throat as the only way to take it so now everyone assumes it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats true,smoking gets you just as high as shooting and if you spread you hits out its 1)Safer2)you get a lot of mini rushes,although the smoke tastes....aah....BAD,I've only snorted once because of the awful taste of H.
I remember during the Heroin flood about 5 or 6??years ago,no asian dealer i went to shot the gear and i probably i met dozens of people(dealers).Smoking uses a little bit more too.Although i don't indulge very much anymore,I've noticed virtually no one smokes anymore(i do a bit)Perhaps a result of the drought??Or maybe i'm not involved enouigh anymore,so i don't see it?!?
Someone above said loss of appetite was a con,Personally i get really hungry and so do'es everyone i know(well if there not vomiting)

Pros-It feels good
no neurotoxicity
It's easier than pot to get

Cons-Vomiting
It's relatively expensive
Addiction(duh)
Personally i can't use it and hide it like with Meth or pot.So i have to isolate myself to use it(fucking social stigma)

I don't think H is good or bad it's what you choose to do with it.IMO it's no more addictive than alcohol(unless you want it to be;))

So can some one postively confirm herroin cannot be snorted , i was told that you couldnt , but hey i know shit about it. Also what sort of negative effect does it have on the brain. Kill many brain cells , or any pshycological disturbance.?

Just saw requiem of a dream ahah , just wanna get some info.

cheers.

I didn't assume shooting it was the only way. I know you can snort/smoke it. I was just pointing out that needles can be a con...

bill joe----Of course you can snort it,People shoot it so it's obviously water soluble(well except alkaline H,but thats virtually unheard of in Au)If it's water soluble it's snortable generally.......You can also take H orally,but that would be very,very expensive.

bill joe said:
So can some one postively confirm herroin cannot be snorted , i was told that you couldnt , but hey i know shit about it. Also what sort of negative effect does it have on the brain. Kill many brain cells , or any pshycological disturbance.?

H can be snorted, it's the main way I used it.

It is not a neurotoxin, and so doesn't kill brain cells per se.

The use of needles with the proper technique could also be considered a pro could it not?

my innerself said:
And I dont need to be a user of heroin to know how bad it is. And personally I would be pretty annoyed if there are people that would get on a harm reduction site and promote Heroin and knock people for telling people to stear clear from it.

We don't promote the use of any drug! We educate people so that they can make informed decisions about their drug use. If someone decides to try heroin, we can't stop them, but we're not going to get didactic on them, we'll give them the best information we can to help them stay out of harms way.

As for not needing to be a user to know how bad it is, I think that is a silly statement. I mean, the age old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" applies pretty damn fittingly to this situation. I'm am not passing judegement as to the worth of heroin use, but I am saying you don't know "how bad it is".

:)

Yeah needles shouldn't be really considered a con. If you know what you are doing and practice proper safety you wont have a problem. The rush IVing provides would certainly make me consider it more a pro.

It's easier than pot to get
Not where Im around, it's a bitch to get ya hands on.

I heard the rumour that smoking heroin is completely different to injecting- that injecting has a higher risk of making you more addicted to the drug than smoking it. I was just curious, because as a recreational drug user, i was never going to drift towards the likes of heroin until i heard this, im still very skeptical about heroin, but then again, thats also 75% of the social stigma that comes with heroin use.

no you pretty much get the same effect's smoking it as you do from injecting.
only thing is once you get addicted it take's more and more to get that same effect.
as i've smoked heroin for about 10 year's now because i cant use needle's and i've had a couple of doctor's actually tell me that smoking is a little bit more addictive the shooting because it's in your lung's as well as your blood.whereas with shooting it's just in your blood.

Going slightly off topic, if you want to try an opiate, i suggest you start off with the relatively mild codeine and then build up to either morphine, oxycondone and then heroine. If you go from nothing to shooting H, its a bit crazy.

As satricon said, i got relatively the same feeling. I took 240mg of codeine and started falling asleep. It was a glowy kind of sleep. I wouldn't use the word 'happy' as that tends to be an emotion- this is more of a feelin, like body generated. One thing that really stood out was, i was itchy like fuck. so without that itchy feeling, i would have slept all the way through, but i had to keep waking up to scratch.

It can be entertaning, but i prefer my weed :D

^ The itching is due to the bodies histamine response to codeine. If you take an antihistamine that will stop it, but i guess if you took one then you probably would of fallen asleep. :D

Codeine is shit anyway. There is very little euphoria and the histamine response is worse than anything else I've had.

For a first opiate experience I would recommend 10mg of oxycodone snorted. Enough to give you an idea of what opiates are like and you shouldn't feel much itching or anything. Also oxy doesn't cloud your mind as much as smack so it will be easier for you to figure out where you're at with the drug and how much more you think you can handle. That's if you can get oxy, for most people it is harder to get than smack.