• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxmdreams

Bluelighter
Can anyone give me a link to site that sells scales that weigh milligrams and that are inexpensive thanks in advance.

/me gives dxmdreams a hardy politician-style handshake
i don't believe we've met.....
;)
disciple

why bother with mg scales for DXM. An average does is over half a gram and DXM isn't very dose sensative. Just get some cheap balance scales which are accurate to 10mg ro higher even it will be about 50x cheaper.

A pretty basic scale would do, www.balances.com is a good place to go if you want to buy one. You can get them for like $15, there's no excuse not to have one. Check out the under $50 section.
That said, why not build your own and come up with something extremely accurate? Homebuilt microgram scale plans
There's no digital readout or anything, but for the price you absolutely can not beat that. And it even looks easy to build, if you've got basic electronics knowledge. If you don't, go offer some EE major from your local college $20 to put it together for you, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to make a quick buck doing easy work like this.

I'd also have to say that milligram scales for DXM alone aren't worth it. If you're going to have a semi-incriminating piece of equipment around your house, shop around for a bargain.
If you don't feel like waiting, sometimes head shops and swap meets will have this kind of stuff.

Thanks guys for the help and I think think I would like to become a member of the tussin crew :)

Well then, seeing as you've already shaken the hand of el presidente, welcome aboard. See your previous question for where to go.

Yes, we absolutely do. I almost learned the hard way.... Please do yourself a favor and invest in a scale. Its well worth the peice of mind and convience. I do have a diffenent method of measuring 5meodmt, I covered this on the big and dandy thread. But everything else is weight, twice, on a mg scale before I take it.

Yes, I have a 2mg scale, I first used the graph paper method on 2c-i, and it worked pretty well, but I wouldn't screw around with most chems that way.

A 0.002g scale is something you will need if you want to avoid a disaster. Even getting 5mg of 5-meo-dmt with a $250 scale is hard sometimes lol!

a scale is definitely essential. but not just any .002g scale.

i got the gempro .002g a while back, but found that it had
no stability or repeatibility.

these days i have a tanita 1210-100. the best for the price,
as far as i'm concerned.

^^^ Same. I got a Gempro 50 because it was the least expencive .002 I could find at $150 and found it would be wrong from 2mg to 8!!mg all the time. I returned it and got a Tanita..

^^^^^^^^^^^

Gempro is garbage. I own a Tanita 1020 and it's very accurate as shown by my reference weights (one is just 2mg). It is my opinion that one must own a scale acurate to 2mg to have any business working with pure psychedelic compounds.

Gempro is garbage

Uh... Just thought I'd add that I totally disagree. :p

My friend and I both own a Gempro50 and have found it to be quite accurate really.

Considering a lot of people around here don't have a shitload of extra money to throw down on a scale - I would recommend the Gempro50. It's only $150 and so far 2 out of 2 that I've seen have worked GREAT. If you get a bad one, exchange it for another.

Math Tinder said:
.002g readability seems weird when we're talking about chems with such narrow dose windows - this readability would mean the scale could be off by +/-2mg, meaning your 16mg dose of 2c-i is actually 18mg

neat trick: when you get to the closest mass it will read, say 6mg and you want 7mg. Just keep addingyour chemical until the display goes back and forth between 6mg and 8mg repeatedly.

I love my tanita! it even came with a 10g calibration weight, thanks MGS for putting me on with this scale.

not to sound like some damn infomercial, btw the scale
looks very sleek!

Last edited:
neat trick: when you get to the closest mass it will read, say 6mg and you want 7mg. Just keep addingyour chemical until the display goes back and forth between 6mg and 8mg repeatedly.

A very good tip. OR, you could do this:

Weigh out 6mg or whatever, then add (in a separate little pile) until it reads 8mg - then cut your 2nd little pile in half - and you've got 7mg!

=D

i really need one as i am an avid rc user and would def like to further explore. i hate not being able to b e accurate with accounts/dosage. n pleez dont tell me how dangerous it is because i obviously know.

cognitor said:
a scale is definitely essential. but not just any .002g scale.

i got the gempro .002g a while back, but found that it had
no stability or repeatibility.

these days i have a tanita 1210-100. the best for the price,
as far as i'm concerned.

definitely one of the best scales for playing with RCs

Status
Not open for further replies.