Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose- A Dangerous Encounter

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
After seeing the thread on Morning Glory, I thought I should start one for Hawaiian baby woodrose, as these seeds appear to be locally available.

2 days ago I was told of a ghastly story involving these seeds. The couple involved were visiting the Northern NSW area for the well known annual festival, when they ran across the seeds at a headshop. The store owner suggested they each have 5 seeds, explaining the content (lysergic amides etc.) and that it was a good trip.

Being the cautious but curious types, they had 1 seed each. Within a period of a 1/2 hour or so both started to feel very unwell. I spoke to the guy who said he felt very disoriented at about the same time his girl lost her legs. He said if he hadn't been there to catch her, she would have dropped to the pavement.

He then described how she (normally a pretty straight chick) had a sort of epileptic fit, after-which her eyes were very dilated. They both thought it was a very unpleasant and scary experience. His main concern was that he was told to take 5, and these effects were produced by 1 only 8(

I spoke to another friend with some experience with these seeds who explained that each pod has 4 seeds, so it's possible he consumed one pod thinking it was 1 seed.

Anyone else any experience with Hawaiian Woodrose?

Last edited:
i have tried them before but it didnt do anything like what you discribed in that report.. however : when you are preparing the seeds make SURE you soak them in water and scrape off the furry coating. The furry coating causes alot of grief in some people. Once the furry coating has been scraped off make sure you grind the seeds down into a fine powder. I have heard reports similar to this one on the net and i think it may have to do with quality? but let me warn people out there that these seeds rnt to be fucked with, just because they are legal. They are actually far more intence then LSD. The trip can turn uglier ALOT easier however. This is why LSD is usually prefered.

It's woodrose not rosewood ;) (did spell checker change it?)

Like any psychedelic individual reactions can vary hugely. Although the seeds come in pods it is unlikely they would have eaten a pod mistaking it for a seed as they are quite large and I wouldn't like to eat 5 of the fuckers. Also, the seeds themselves are very hard and need to be crushed (or ground) in order for the amides to be absorbed.

I believe the furry coating is inactive. The seeds contain glycoids (sp?) which can cause stomach problems. Also, mixing with alcohol is supposedly contraindicated.

I've never had any serious problems except for a little nausea but I've also never had a full blown psychedelic experience with them either.

Thanks for that Zu. Title corrected.

29.gif
for the comments guys. I figured it may have been a one off, but I thought it was still worth mentioning.